Old 26th July 2023, 19:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzvish91 View Post
Please refer this video:
https://Youtu.be/OaXwtftMiXI?si=9GZ5CDeZH8hKuvlY

It has price listed for some of the Triumph Speed 400 accessories, as follow:
You missed to mention the bike cover, which I saw yesterday listed for Rs 12,xxx/-.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th July 2023 at 19:57. Reason: Trimming quote. Caps.
Old 26th July 2023, 19:57   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
You missed to mention the bike cover, which i saw yesterday listed for Rs. 12,xxx/- .
Yes, saw that. Height of ridiculousness in my opinion. I don't think anyone will buy a cover for 12k when one can instead get a very good riding jacket for that price. Or jacket, pant and glove. Battery charger/optimate is 7k with wiring another 1.5k.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th August 2023 at 18:59. Reason: Spacing.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 20:33   #168

Triumph dealer in kolkata was mentioning that Triumph speed 400 is only assembled in India by Bajaj but the parts are actually manufactured overseas by Triumph. Can anyone confirm if it is true?
Old 26th July 2023, 21:21   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzvish91 View Post
This would have prevented many not-serious buyers to prebook and thus avoiding the inflated booking hype created around these bikes.
Or what if they wanted these inflated numbers to prove their point that they have made "hot cake", which has crossed the 10K mark before any test ride by the end consumer?

Or what if they wanted to launch a model under Harley's 440X and later increase the price (just for the heck of it)? That is why they are taking pre-booking for 400X but are not ready to disclose the price. It is like an IPO.

We never know as these are all marketing strategies.

Life is a compromise, and one must choose wisely.

Last edited by shailinder : 26th July 2023 at 21:22.
shailinder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 21:21   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofan View Post
Triumph dealer in kolkata was mentioning that Triumph speed 400 is only assembled in India by Bajaj but the parts are actually manufactured overseas by Triumph. Can anyone confirm if it is true?
No, I believe bajaj themselves have cleared this doubt during launch event. If it was manufactured in UK, I dont think they could manage 2.3 ex showroom.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th July 2023 at 14:54.
Old 26th July 2023, 21:31   #171
BHPian

Quote:
We should probably check what that guy is smoking up (high time Indian consumers call out B.S from these sales guys when they hear it..most of them have no clue about the product)?

How can anyone working in the industry think that a CKD 400cc bike from Triumph UK will come up for Rs.2.33L ex showroom.
JithinR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 22:49   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
We should probably check what that guy is smoking up (high time Indian consumers call out B.S from these sales guys when they hear it..most of them have no clue about the product)?

How can anyone working in the industry think that a CKD 400cc bike from Triumph UK will come up for Rs.2.33L ex showroom.
Not surprising. But most dealers these days take a step back when you mention that you follow Team-Bhp as they understood that the customer probably knows everything about the product and it's just commercials to be discussed.

This incident also reminds of a similar situation when a dealer made a claim about MG and the Brit emblem on the car
Old 27th July 2023, 05:58   #173
Senior - BHPian

He is not saying parts are manufactured in UK. Parts could be manufactured in China as well. Sourcing can be from anywhere
Quote:
Old 27th July 2023, 08:19   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
He is not saying parts are manufactured in UK. Parts could be manufactured in China as well. Sourcing can be from anywhere
Not China but likelihood of Thailand. But that makes zero sense at this pricing and the Bajaj factory power here in India.

It’s a bluff.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 08:29   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
This is prevalent across categories. For example- While looking for a new car recently, none of the Maruti dealers I went to, knew what E20 petrol fuel and compatibility is. They didn't know where to check for the same in the manual either. It's normal, they just want to state the price and sell. Customers generally don't question back or ask specifics. Very few of us enthusiasts do that.

Coming to this topic, if Bajaj can manufacture a Duke 390 for export in the same factory, they can easily do the same for a Triumph 400 which they helped develop and test. The admins/reviewers can clear this up easily as well. My main concern still happens to be after sales support, till they (atleast) set up a few outlets in my state.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th July 2023 at 08:55. Reason: Caps
Old 27th July 2023, 09:02   #176
Team-BHP Support

The bikes are manufactured here at Chakan 2. This is exactly what Bajaj brings to the table to this partnership - its ability to mass manufacture a high quality product at a great price. I’m sure that means leveraging its domestic vendor and supply chain. I can’t imagine they’d be importing most of these parts and simply assembling them here. Its simply not logical.

The other aspect they will bring to the partnership of course is their strength in managing distribution networks and the overall dealer oversight. Here again, I am told they are taking a very hands on approach so I am optimistic things will only improve on this front. Let time be the judge of by how much. Bear in mind whatever may be the issues of erstwhile Triumph dealers, at least for the 400 cc class if they’re moving up from 14 / 18 (can’t recall exact number) erstwhile dealers to about 100 - 120 odd dealers over the next 6 months, you are also going to have multiple options for sales as well as service. The odd black sheep legacy dealer may not be as relevant where dealership touch points are going up by 8 - 10x.
Axe77 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 12:44   #177
IFB

Thanks all for amazing inputs on Triumph. I was speaking to an RE dealer in rural location and he said that there will not be much impact from new competition on RE sales as Triumph or Harley are yet to reach the rural locations (due to limited sales network)> hence some impact will be witnessed first in urban locations.

For my research I need some inputs for below questions:
1. How many bookings done till now for both Triumph and Harley
2. Will RE sales witness downward trend due to increase in competitive intensity
3. Who will be a winner (too early to say), but need some inputs on this.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th July 2023 at 14:53. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 27th July 2023, 14:05   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFB View Post
Thanks all for amazing inputs on Triumph. I was speaking to an RE dealer in rural location and he said that there will not be much impact from new competition on RE sales as Triumph or Harley are yet to reach the rural locations (due to limited sales network)> hence some impact will be witnessed first in urban locations.

For my research I need some inputs for below questions:
1. How many bookings done till now for both Triumph and Harley
2. Will RE sales will witness downward trend due to increase in competitive intensity
3. Who will be a winner (too early to say), but need some inputs on this.

Thanks for the help.
1. Minimum 10000 for the speed and scrambler 400 models combined for Triumph alone. Harley hasn't released their numbers but I'm guessing it wont be much higher.

2. Don't think it's impossible but it's improbable. Cbr 250, Duke 390, Dominar 400, Honda Highness. Barring Cbr250, all the others were touted as RE killers due to the price, specs and vfm proposition when released. Nothing changed. RE still sell truckloads. People dont buy an Enfield for reliability/durability, speed, power to weight ratio, gizmos, FE and what not.

Honda/ktm/bajaj has that covered. In my opinion it's purely 'feel' and look based. It looks like its namesake- Royal, with all the chrome and classic lines. Plus now, also the huge service network. 99% in my state atleast, it's associated with coolness/machismo and the feel it gives the rider. Myself included.

3. Competition is always good for the customer. Finally we win. If one doesn't like Speed 400 after test drive, try the Harley. If not, then RE. And so on and so forth. On PAPER, the Triumph seems a winner.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th July 2023 at 14:52.
Senotrius is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 17:33   #179
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from the dealer. Bikes would be available for TR starting end of next week. Also deliveries expected around same time
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 17:38   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Got a call from the dealer. Bikes would be available for TR starting end of next week. Also deliveries expected around same time
For Pune, I also got a call yesterday. They mentioned 2nd week of Aug for test rides.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks