Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 14:25   #916
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
A new tank might workout cheaper if replaced after using 3-4years.
I was looking up PPF costs for motorcycles, and found that the Detailing Mafia website quotes Rs. 15,000 for top quality PPF for the whole motorcycle without fairings (and Rs. 20,000 for motorcycles with fairings). Even if the quotes are a bit dated, covering just the vitals shouldn't cost Rs. 20,000.

Hence, I need to speak to the owner of that shop.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 15:07   #917
BHPian

I need to say something about the whole purchase and delivery experience for peeps who decided to go for Triumph Speed 400.

I know the experience has been sub-par to say the least, in some cases such as Keerthi Triumph it has been downright idiotic the way they are handling customers. My delivery experience was sub-par too when it came to delivery date, invoicing, paperwork and overall communication with the One Triumph representatives. And TBH I knew it would be like that the moment I stepped into the showroom for a test drive, seeing the crowd and how overworked and clueless SA were.

The dum-dums at the dealerships need to buckle up and at least provide a decent error-free smooth experience because otherwise they will only lose customers despite having capable product on their hands.

I had half a mind to wait for a new dealership to open up in Delhi and wait for the initial hoopla to die down before making my purchase but I tolerated all their non-sense only so that I don’t lose my initial discount of 10,000/-

And for everyone dealing with the same incompetence, I’d say have some respite in the fact that you’re getting a mean machine at a really REALLY attractive introductory price and some exclusivity on the road being early adopters. As far as I’ve read there’s no major flaw in the initial production units including mine. This is a testament to the product quality and the investment of Bajaj group for their new plant Chakan-II, which they’re using exclusively for Triumph and KTM bikes.

I don’t see any reason for Bajaj/Triumph to not increase the prices as as the demand stays strong. So I’m happy I got what I wanted at an attractive price. Wishing everyone here a million happy miles on their Speeds.

Some pictures from pre-graphene coating rubbing and polishing.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-f2cc18c60ba34e9193bb31403cf098e6.jpeg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-1f51263963d441eb9afd64f6874ffa81.jpeg  

Himanshu809 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 15:12   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post
Triumph, from the start, had clearly stated always that the service interval is 16000 kms or 1 year whichever comes first. I'm surprised to see 120 days mentioned in the document shared (along with a change in kms to 7500). Is that really official Triumph communication you got there?
First time I am hearing of this too. Perhaps it's just a typo. Isn't 7.5k the service interval for the Duke series? Could it be that someone at Bajaj reused the warranty terms and forgot to update them for Triumph.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 15:27   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
First time I am hearing of this too. Perhaps it's just a typo. Isn't 7.5k the service interval for the Duke series? Could it be that someone at Bajaj reused the warranty terms and forgot to update them for Triumph.
Yes, KTM bikes have the 7.5Kms/120 days (at least the older models that I own) and I, seriously, hope it is a goof up like that.

So, let's wait for @Striker_wheels to update us on what the outcome was of his follow-up, if any.
Old 20th September 2023, 16:02   #920
BHPian

How can I cancel the triumph booking? I am not interested in this anymore. Is there an online way? The executives are not picking the calls.
Old 20th September 2023, 16:23   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
How can I cancel the triumph booking? I am not interested in this anymore. Is there an online way? The executives are not picking the calls.
You have to pay a visit to the showroom. They don't pick up calls nor respond back, if you want the bike or cancel the booking I'm afraid you have to meet them face to face.
Old 20th September 2023, 16:32   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Someone had called me today from Keerthi to get the motorcycle, but i said i wanted to cancel, so she sent me an emails id, and asked me to send this along with booking details, and i will get the refund in 15 days.

email - accounts1@keerthi.co.in
Old 20th September 2023, 16:35   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
Slightly off topic. Do Triumph dealers take trade-in bikes of any make and net off its value against the cost of the new Speed 400? Or do they have tie-ups with some local second hand dealer and expect us to deal with them directly?
Made the same enquiry at Triumph Kochi showroom and they said they do not do it.

Did a test drive today and did the booking on spot. Loved the engine refinement and smooth ride. Did not have to carry a staff as pillion for the test drive. That was a sweet step. I have booked the black shade. Red was too commn and blue was screaming "Look at me",which doesnt go with my character.
nettooran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 17:28   #924
BHPian

Mine is also 10K bookings, have managed delivery from Triumph, Pune. The delivery experience was good, however the initial engagement was no way to be called brand-worthy and customer friendly. They kept us guessing.

I had to visit the dealer to find clarity and expedite the delivery. The place is chaotic for no real reason IMHO.

The good part -

It started moving quickly after full payment and with a person named Rutwik taking over.

The motorbike is a gem and truly VFM. The minimal sticker job helps look classic, adds to the thoughtful small details.

PS: BUB Triumph is raining Speed400. I could see ~35 bikes in his yard.
PPS: You make full payment that is what matters, not the waiting number etc etc
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-2c8b9e54f6bd46149c7b35e52861b491.jpeg  

Last edited by sanstorm : 20th September 2023 at 17:35.
sanstorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 17:50   #925

Hi All,

Wanted to share my good experience with Khivraj Triumph, Chennai. Right from the time of booking, things have been smooth except for some hiccups and communication gaps on the part of Triumph. I escalated my concerns to Anwar and he shared the challenges around the booking volume, figuring out the process with RTO, registration and in my case, the registration had to be in a different district. He kept me updated ever since on the progress. I called him at the last minute to deliver at home (additional charges) and the delivery was smooth. The person, Ashwin, handed over the keys (and pannier locks) and walked me through the basic details.

The overall experience, except for a minor hiccup in between, was excellent. Kudos to Anwar and Khivraj Triumph, Chennai for giving such a the pleasant experience.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2023 at 23:06. Reason: Spacing, punctuations, typos
rajbas is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th September 2023, 18:14   #926
BHPian

Quote:
I am very curious to know if you had done any follow up on this. If yes, please share the outcome of any discussions in this regard.

Triumph, from the start, had clearly stated always that the service interval is 16000 kms or 1 year whichever comes first. I'm surprised to see 120 days mentioned in the document shared (along with a change in kms to 7500). Is that really official Triumph communication you got there?

Attachment 2506087

When they are advertising its service interval as 16K/12 months, why would one get it serviced every 120 days? And why wouldn't they provide the extended warranty if this condition is not met?! This is bad!

PS - I am also surprised that nobody's talking about this here even after being pointed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Quote:
Yes, KTM bikes have the 7.5Kms/120 days (at least the older models that I own) and I, seriously, hope it is a goof up like that.

So, let's wait for @Striker_wheels to update us on what the outcome was of his follow-up, if any.
I did visit them yesterday to confirm on warranty terms and RSA offered. They shared warranty terms and RSA details on email from the official Triumph email address.

As per them, this is a copy paste error by Bajaj and will be revised shortly.

For RSA as well, in the email text, they mentioned coverage area as 100 km distance from nearest Triumph service station and in the T&C document it is 50 km. Even for this, they said it's a typo,. 100 km coverage is there. They are charging INR 500/year for RSA .

For Speed 400, they seem to have copied everything from Bajaj's existing documents without revising the applicable terms.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2023 at 23:09. Reason: Typos
Striker_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th September 2023, 18:21   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
How much does it cost, and which parts of the motorcycle will be covered?

I’m paying 15K for alloy wheels, headlight, tank, side panels, mudguard. Graphene coating.
Himanshu809 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 19:04   #928
BHPian

Just got this message from TRIUMPH. Fun fact, I have booked scrambler. Also, how on earth have they not had 10000 bookings. Strange world we live in.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-screenshot_2023092019021529_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 19:10   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Just got this message from TRIUMPH
I also got the same message and I too have a scrambler booking ! Must be an error. A couple of days back they had sent a message to contact nearest dealer for speed 400 payment/delivery. Then after few minutes they sent an apology message and asked to ignore the message.
Old 20th September 2023, 19:17   #930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Just got this message from TRIUMPH.
Got the same message, I do have a Speed 400 booking which I made on 5th September. Does this mean I get to skip the queue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks