Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2023, 23:03   #856
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Already showed One Triumph staff(Pranav and Raghav) the screen shot of 3 years extended warranty during the Sunday ride they organised a week back. Their reply was that they don't have any official communication from Triumph on this yet.
I don't know what OneTriumph staff are smoking. It is clearly mentioned in the New Vehicle Delivery Document that you may have received/ will receive along with your bike.

It clearly mentions about the 2 Years Standard + 3 Years Extended Warranty.

Attaching the screenshot for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230914_230026.jpg  

IshWish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 23:35   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Has anyone got back the booking amount after cancelation from Keerthi?
Hi,

I have spoken to a couple of them and sent an email on 10th Sep. I have not received an acknowledgement by email, though over the phone, they said it would be done in 15 working days (First, they MUST start working).

Such a lousy dealer should be ashamed that they are unable to manage customers. Or their idea is to let the initial customer cancel so that they don't have to offer a 10K discount, and later, they will scale up and provide a better experience. Who knows, everything can be a part of their strategy. Otherwise, how come so many cancellations are happening in Bangalore? Most disheartening to note that Triumph customer care is also silent on customer queries (at least in my case).

I thank God that good sense prevails and that I have taken the right call as per my requirements.

Off-topic - My wife's grandfather (Thatha) told me during the birth of our first child that "to have a new relationship, one must not close the old one". The background was (Being a C-section case) that if there is a situation that I have to choose among them, I should not think twice. (I am unsure whether my message made sense, but I felt exactly the same and decided).
shailinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 23:36   #858
BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my bike today.

Myself and wife went to showroom to pick the bike, noticed more bikes parked in Ground and First floors, mostly red, some blue, those who completed the all formalities may expect the delivery soon.

Showroom
I know enough discussed about Keerthi, Nothing new or changed, I used for getting this treatment being an early bird customer for buying Vento TDi, Jeep Compass and now Speed 400. I have managed this by giving importance to buying good product and find right service center later. But I know this varies from person to person, I'm not advocating which is better way here.

Demo
- I was asked to not rev up engine above 6000 RPM until first service
- Advised not to do delayed braking(Sudden Break), looks like some cushion is there between pad and disc for an initial protection which might wear more.
- Engine oil is mineral oil used, it will be changed to synthetic oil during the first service.
- Only one key will work, other key needs to be programmed when required
- Completed chassis number verification, unfortunately couldn't check the engine number, it's bottom of the cylinder looks like difficult to check it looks.
- Signed bunch of papers, Got the kit and Ready to ride.
- Executive mentioned he will roll out the bike for easier access

About Ride:
Definitely enjoyed the ride, I was coming from Himalayan BS IV to speed 400 and experiencing difference in Power, Comfort, Suspension and experience.

Pros
- Awesome linear power
- Butter smooth engine
- Excellent exhaust sound
- Superb suspension
- Simple working horse
- NVH levels
more needs to be discovered

Cons
- Nothing major
- Muffler is not painted in black color, not sure why they left it.

Daytime pics
Triumph Speed 400 Review-dayview.jpeg

DRL
Triumph Speed 400 Review-drl.jpeg

Light Vision
Triumph Speed 400 Review-light.jpeg

Nighttime pics
Triumph Speed 400 Review-nightview.jpeg
TopSpeeder is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 23:46   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
- I was asked to not rev up engine above 6000 RPM until first service
This doesnt match with what the handbook says. We can go up to 7500 RPM until the first service according to that and I would trust that more.

Not that I have needed it, since this bike hits 100 kmph at barely 4-5k rpm in 6th gear . It is just so different from my apache 160 which would take 3 business days and a lot of vibrations in my bones to get to that speed.
lazyrev is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 11:58   #860
BHPian

Quote:

Myself and wife went to showroom to pick the bike, noticed more bikes parked in Ground and First floors, mostly red, some blue, those who completed the all formalities may expect the delivery soon.

Congratulations!! This bike looks stunning! And it does that, without doing much, by keeping things simple! unlike certain rtr

One favor, can you take it out on kolar or hassan highway and comment on how it behaves? Short wheelbase, straight line stability, cruising speed etc! Thanks!!
gkrishn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 18:22   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
This doesnt match with what the handbook says. We can go up to 7500 RPM until the first service according to that and I would trust that more.
I think this must be related to run in period for bikes.

In Speed 400, Max RPM is 12,000, during run in period if we can operate 50-60% of Max RPM which is 6000 - 7200 RPM as maximum, keeping in lower range good for engine atleast for first 1000 KMs. I know its difficult in this bike

Completed first 100 kms today 24 hrs of delivery, Took ride to Hosur and back.
- Must accessory is windshield

Triumph Speed 400 Review-meter.jpeg
TopSpeeder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 19:15   #862
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations! Btw, when did you get the RTO registration message. I'm trying to understand the timeline and, as expected, not getting response from Keerthi. I had received the RTO acknowledgement message on 12-Sep.
Old 15th September 2023, 19:41   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupesh View Post
when did you get the RTO registration message.
I got the message on 6th Sep 2023, it also depends on when you made the full payment, booking # and some other facts which I don't know all..
Old 15th September 2023, 20:48   #864
BHPian

Quote:
In Speed 400, Max RPM is 12,000, during run in period if we can operate 50-60% of Max RPM which is 6000 - 7200 RPM as maximum
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the gang!!

Btw, if I remember correctly the meter shows a max of 12k RPM but the engine is limited to around 9k rpm. That's why I suggested not to guess run-in ourselves and go by the book.
Old 15th September 2023, 22:20   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupesh View Post
Congratulations! Btw, when did you get the RTO registration message. I'm trying to understand the timeline and, as expected, not getting response from Keerthi. I had received the RTO acknowledgement message on 12-Sep.
It’s been 10 days of full payment, I still haven’t received the RTO or insurance sms. With all these govt holidays, it’ll get delayed even more.
Old 15th September 2023, 23:44   #866
BHPian

I booked mine on 4th Sept and i received a msg from Triumph India with a link to download the app and also a message on whats app an acknowledgment of the full payment made. Apart from that no other update.
Old 16th September 2023, 00:30   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
I booked mine on 4th Sept and i received a msg from Triumph India with a link to download the app and also a message on whats app an acknowledgment of the full payment made. Apart from that no other update.
Same here. Did the payment to Keerthi on 5th Sept. The SA told me there was some issues with vaahan and now it's resolved. So should move ahead by next week.
Old 16th September 2023, 02:15   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
I don't know what OneTriumph staff are smoking. It is clearly mentioned in the New Vehicle Delivery Document that you may have received/ will receive along with your bike.

It clearly mentions about the 2 Years Standard + 3 Years Extended Warranty.

Attaching the screenshot for your reference.
I do received this booklet, however there are no details mentioned for 3years extended warranty while 24 months is indicated on the next page. Further, they put asterisk there but no elaboration given. They should have shared the details at first place like fellow bangalore bhpians got it from the dealer.

Put out an email to One Triumph for clarification, let's see if they respond.
Old 16th September 2023, 07:52   #869
BHPian

Details of extended warranty are given online on the Triumph India website.
Old 16th September 2023, 14:17   #870
BHPian

New 3rd party accessories by Motocrux (Malayalam video but you can get an idea).

- Front plate mount is available!! Wish he showed how it looks with the plate.
- Pillion footrest looks nice for long rides
- Sliders look bulky so might skip that.
- Bash plate will be good to have.
- Stainless steel radiator guard looks nice too
- Handlebar riser seems to be available too.

lazyrev is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks