Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 16:44   #811
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Does any of you who has dealt with Shaman Triumph Andheri, Mumbai have a number other than the official one (9619333033) to reach them.
Try to call/whatsapp Sherangej on 96190 85815.
He had called me from Shaman regarding my booking.
Hope it helps!
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 17:28   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_blue View Post
Try to call/whatsapp Sherangej on 96190 85815.

Thanks a ton. Number seems to be off, so I'm going to try messaging him. This should hopefully work.
Old 12th September 2023, 17:38   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
I'd see this a different way. I have been for test rides at Honda BigWing, KTM, TVS and RE dealerships and none of them care about safety. They dont need you to wear helmets either, at least here in Pune. You can test ride in whatever you like.

Only Triumph required test riders to wear helmets, to the extent that they provided high quality helmets with disposable skullcaps to every one who came for the TR. I think they want to maintain the culture of "safety first" because of which the recommend jeans and shoes instead of shorts and chappals. At least they are trying to and I respect that. I really don't think they're doing it to hide any heat or vibrations.
Yes. Kawasaki does the same. Helmet, Jeans, and Shoes are mandatory for TR. They even ask for the original driving license. Appreciate them for making these safety measures. It's always better to have something than nothing. Jeans can prevent you from bruises on the knee in case of a low-speed fall. Because when you fall in most cases it is the knee going to get in contact with the tarmac. Similarly, shoes won't go off in case of a fall. But slippers will easily slip out of your feet that's why it's called a slipper. And slippers don't have full coverage of your feet.

Last edited by WalterWhite : 12th September 2023 at 17:58.
WalterWhite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 17:57   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupesh View Post
Are there people here who have paid full amount to Keerthi Triumph and awaiting any information from them? At least from social media, I could make out that there are 20-25 of us in the same boat.
I sincerely hope that all you folks who have paid the full amount to Keerthi Triumph have done so after confirming that your motorcycles have reached Bangalore and done a proper PDI.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 18:01   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I sincerely hope that all you folks who have paid the full amount to Keerthi Triumph have done so after confirming that your motorcycles have reached Bangalore and done a proper PDI.
Actually not. That was the condition Keerthi had, with a 'take it or leave it' stand. I even checked with someone senior at Bajaj. They couldn't help. Keerthi seems to be taking money basis units which have been dispatched from the factory and hence any upstream delay causes issues across the line. Their callous attitude just accentuates the situation.
bhupesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 18:10   #816

I'm super late to the party, but I finally booked the Speed 400 on 5th September. The dealership I've selected is Khivraj Triumph - Whitefield, Bangalore.

I'm yet to start test driving the bikes I've shortlisted but the Speed 400 is definitely at the top of my list. In case I decide to go with it, what do you folks think will be the estimated delivery timeline? I'd love to get the bike before Diwali (mid-November). Is there anything else I need to do (like call them) to speed up the process?
d3xt3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 18:18   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately Keerthi Triumph is asking for a full payment even before PDI. I also had a doubt about this and had asked on this forum some time back.

Tarun from Keerthi Triumph was very confident that there wouldn't be any issues with the bikes as they would perform a thorough check before sending the bikes for registration.

I have requested him for a PDI before the bike goes for registration to address any issues that the bike might have...fingers crossed

Last edited by pratik_terni : 12th September 2023 at 18:26.
Old 12th September 2023, 18:22   #818
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the number of complaints we see about Keerthi Triumph Bangalore, it is only a matter of time before they are stripped of their dealership and someone high up ends up in Jail if they don't mend their ways.

Bangalore people, there is no other way to say this. Please move your bookings to Khivraj for better peace of mind.

Khivraj has been a trusted Bajaj Auto dealer for eons and I remember reading about them from my early Pulsar 220 days. They were not the best in town in terms of Bajaj service (back in the late 2000s) but never heard anything about them regarding delivery issues.
antz.bin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 18:34   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
Unfortunately Keerthi Triumph is asking for a full payment even before PDI. I also had doubt about this and had asked on this forum some time back.

Tarun from Keerthi Triumph was very confident that there wouldn't be any issues with the bikes as they would perform a thorough check before sending the bikes for registration.

I have requested him for a PDI before the bike goes for registration to address any issues that the bike might have...fingers crossed
These are the typical bullying tactics that Keerthi is infamous for. Given their torrid reputation, I dont know why anyone would cave in and pay up when they dont even know where the bikes are, and when they will be delivered. I urge buyers to proceed with caution.

Its not like you are buying some limited edition mega super-expensive exotic superbike. The Speed 400 is a mass market 400 cc bike that will sell in thousands every year. Falling for these age old tricks from rogue dealers will only encourage them to do more shady stuff.

And this isnt anything against Keerthi Triumph.

Even if I was buying a ZX4R or a CBR650R or a RTR310 or an Ather or a CT100 from the best of motorcycle dealerships, I would insist on doing a full PDI before parting with my money. Be smart, folks.
neil.jericho is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 18:57   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Medic View Post
But for every single rupee you spend, you won't find any bike in the class that makes you giggle and laugh inside your helmet more. More comfort, more pleasant, more features, more this, more that, sure.. but more potent fun? Nope.

Such a mega-dilution of the brand value.
I agreed with most of what you typed except for the parts I quoted here.

There is no objective way of saying that no bike can beat the duke at being fun. That is a totally an opinion. Hell, I disliked riding the duke to a great extent. Just didnt like it. In fact, the Speed 400 was the only bike that made me giggle and laugh inside my helmet. I would only say that looks and perception are what drive a lot of youngsters towards the KTMs and not the Speed, which is not a bad thing. Just different from one being better or worse.

Secondly, I dont agree that it is a "mega-dilution". They have been able to maintain their core design language, the quality and the brand image fairly well, while adding a customer base to make money that they desperately need to make. Just like KTM that was struggling when Bajaj came on board, Triumph really needs to grow and this will only help them. Their market has been shrinking and this was the best way for them to avoid going the HD way.

I am sure older customers get irked by people who mistake their bikes for "inferior" products but I am sure a lot of people are just now learning the name Triumph. Hell, even Honda has similar looking bikes. The Hornet 2.0 in India looks awfully similar to the Hornet CB750 sold elsewhere. Being known for expensive bikes is the only thing Triumph had going for them and changing that tag is not a bad thing. They can be known for making good bikes, expensive and affordable, and I am happy they are trying.

Last edited by lazyrev : 12th September 2023 at 18:58. Reason: typo
lazyrev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 19:24   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Even if I was buying a ZX4R or a CBR650R or a RTR310 or an Ather or a CT100 from the best of motorcycle dealerships, I would insist on doing a full PDI before parting with my money. Be smart, folks.
Thanks a lot Neil for the above response. I'll surely keep this in mind for my next purchase.
I have to admit that I should have pushed for a PDI before making the full payment, but the greed of getting a new bike asap got the best of me. I thought things should go smoothly since a few others did get their bikes without any major hassles.

The reason a went ahead with Triumph this time, even after you warned me about the servicing issues on my other thread, because of the new tie up with Khivraj.

I had enquired about moving my booking to Khivraj but was told that it would not be possible at this time. I would have to cancel my booking, let go of the initial discount and rebook the bike at Khivraj thereby delaying the delivery.

I am hoping that the new Khivraj service center becomes functional soon, and I can get the servicing done there instead
Old 12th September 2023, 20:25   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
I agreed with most of what you typed except for the parts I quoted here.

There is no objective way of saying that no bike can beat the duke at being fun.

Actually, there is. A good revving bike with a cracking top end which is light on its feet and great on the brakes is objectively a more fun bike. Triumph 400 is a more pleasant bike. Just like the definition of a good sports car. The basic ingredients are front engine (except a Porsche), rear wheel/ rear bias all wheel drive, light weight and great chassis. That's what most people agree on. That's how laws are made as well. Governing laws and note physics/ thermodynamics laws just in case there was a confusion.

Quote:
Secondly, I dont agree that it is a "mega-dilution".
I see the trend here. I am quoting actual triumph big bike owners words and you are thinking it's what I am quoting. No. My point is simply ride your ride. The triumph s400 is a great commute/ second bike for big bike owners. As a stepping stone bike, it's not. You'll get used to it extremely fast and it has nothing to captivate most people for long. But I know you will disagree with this as well. I guess we will have to agree to disagree and call it a day.
Have a pleasant evening. Cheers.
The_Medic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 21:11   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VividSiv View Post
Today test driven the Speed 400 from Triumph Whitefield and felt that this bike is not for me. Being a RE Thunder bird owner the riding position on this bike is so different for me and I cant take it. Thinking of cancelling my booking and go for Honda H'Ness instead.
Actually Shumi made a short on that on the MotorInc channel. He suggests the Meteor instead, it's a direct substitute for the Thunderbird.
AulusGabinius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 04:21   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
Actually Shumi made a short on that on the MotorInc channel. He suggests the Meteor instead, it's a direct substitute for the Thunderbird.
That direct substitute is the problem for me. When I test drove Meteor I felt like I am sitting on a Thunderbird minus vibrations. I didn't feel that I am riding a different Motor cycle. I wanted a different feel., and that's not only the riding position but also the refinement and reliability... that's when I choose Highness. After facing the reliability issues of RE Thunderbird over the years, When I first test drove highness I didn't feel that there's a 350cc engine running under the tank but only the exhaust note. As age increases we want a reliable long stroke bike and Honda highness is the complete package I felt, and this is my view point.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th September 2023 at 04:57. Reason: Post edited for punctuation, spelling mistakes and excessive use of dots.
VividSiv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 08:04   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post

I am hoping that the new Khivraj service center becomes functional soon, and I can get the servicing done there instead
I am not expecting a big change from Keerthi here. For some reason I feel they are not going in the right direction. I had been to Khivraj e city for the full payment. And I told the SA that the insurance is on me. I was asked to drop an email to khivraj stating that I chose an outside insurance guys and khivraj/Triumph is not responsible with any claim denials or mishaps in the future. And I am like “grow up guys!!”

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks