Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2023, 02:03   #886

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyph3r View Post
Is the first service at 30 or 45 days ?
The delivery person told me 45 but someone here has mentioned 30 days.
I mistakenly mentioned it as 30 days. I apologise.

It's 45 days or 1k kilometres, whichever comes first.
ritwiknagappa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 11:08   #887
BHPian

New Challenge unlocked!! Try canceling your booking from Keerthi Triumph. The email bounced.

Quote:
Recipient inbox full
Your message couldn't be delivered to Accounts1@keerthi.co.in. Their inbox is full, or it's getting too much mail right now.
gearless is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 12:43   #888
BHPian

We finally took delivery of my wife's Speed 400 on Saturday morning! It was an overall smooth experience at Triumph Mumbai except the few initial hiccups - mainly cause of the sales representative assigned to us, Sheranjeg (if I remember the name correctly). It wasn't a pleasant experience dealing with him but then we were coordinating with another personnel from the showroom who I think is sales/showroom manager. Thereafter it was a flawless process.

Timeline -
1. Made full payment on 9th Sept
2. Bike was ready for PDI before registration on 11th Sept
3. Bike was ready for delivery with number plate on 14th Sept itself but because of busy schedule we decided to take the delivery on weekend, 16th Sept.

Here's a picture from the delivery day -

Triumph Speed 400 Review-whatsapp-image-20230918-11.47.17.jpg
Ketan_R15 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 13:06   #889
BHPian

I did a test drive at the new Khivraj Triumph in whitefield. It's a mid sized showroom and the staff are mostly young chaps (not that is is bad). Don't expect premium and warm treatment like you get from other premium brands.In all fairness to them, the staff have to manage walk-ins,deliveries and test drives simultaneously. They have couple of Tiger 660 and one Trident 660 on display.

Coming to the the test ride, in short i could not connect with the motorcycle, especially the engine. The engine and ride experience was not special and just average. May be I am used to the refinement of my R3 engine. But that said, the most beautiful aspect of the speed 400 is the awesome suspension that gobbles up bad patches with so much ease. I have a scrambler 400 pre-booking as I want to switch to a bike that is easier on my wrists and back (I am growing old). I will wait till the scrambler is launched as I am hoping it will be ergonomically more suitable for me and see if I can compromise with the engine.
Old 18th September 2023, 13:09   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post
We finally took delivery of my wife's Speed 400 on Saturday morning!
Timeline -
1. Made full payment on 9th Sept
2. Bike was ready for PDI before registration on 11th Sept
3. Bike was ready for delivery with number plate on 14th Sept itself but because of busy schedule we decided to take the delivery on weekend, 16th Sept.
Congratulations on getting the bike within a week and also for being able to do a PDI of the bike before registration.

Here in Bangalore, we are waiting for a proper update after a week of full payment.
pratik_terni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 16:28   #891

Hello everyone,

This is my first post over here and am quite glad to be a part of this forum in regards to my purchase of the Speed 400 (Red).

Have been diligently following up with the discussions happening over here about the bike and the overarching theme seems positive enough to make me go ahead with finalizing the bike.

Test Ride Experience:

Had put an enquiry on the official website during the Independence day weekend and was expected to receive a call from Shaman Triumph (Andheri, Mumbai showroom) but there was no response for about 10-12 days and hence tagged Triumph India in a tweet and the response was immediate. Got a call from a sales guy named Abhishek (who seemed very knowledgeable about bikes in general) and offered relatively long 6 km test ride over the weekend if I could drop in the early hours of showroom opening.

Coming to bike itself, it does seem like a very well finished product. As an automotive engineer and working in the industry for 2 years now, the fit and finish is surely a above what else we get in this price range. The red color looked very classic in the morning sun and immediately liked it.

During the ride, as soon as I pulled the clutch, it definitely felt one of the lightest clutch pulls I have done having ridden the Hunter, the Apaches and the Unicorns so probably I am not the right person to judge it, but definitely enjoyed it. The gear shifts are not at all clunky and the acceleration is a boom right after 3,000 rpm. It was just a joy to ride it in the comparatively less dense traffic of the WEH. The bike also felt very easy to guide along in the couple of traffic lights that I came across.

Did notice some heat towards the end of the test ride but I believe that the bike already had done similar runs before I took it and probably that could be a reason and adding my another 6 km of aggressive riding must have been a factor as well.

But overall, I definitely liked the bike. The vibrations, I did feel them above 7,000 rpm, but I believe that in most of my use cases, the bike would hardly go to its redline as I generally won't push the bike to the redline. It seemed happy enough to do 70-80 in 6th gear below 6,000.

The Booking Experience:

Decided to go ahead and make the booking. Abhishek did help me understand a bit more about the waiting periods and connected me to their finance guy to understand loans and the stuff.

However the ROI they offered was slightly higher than what I was getting from HDFC.

Also, I was informed that they have a Thane showroom coming up on 1st September and since I live in Thane, it seemed practical to wait and book it there directly.

Finally booked the bike on 5th Sept and it has been quite a slick experience over here. I was assigned a Sales Consultant named Samadhan and though he seemed new, he has been very helpful till now.

Paid some more amount as down-payment on Saturday and have been promised delivery on 15th October.
Will pay the remaining amount this week and finally have my very own vehicle.

Looking forwards to contributing with some more information in the coming weeks and months.
chinya95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 17:57   #892
BHPian

Got the bike today. Fatty5 - the Classic500 - finally has some company

By the way, Keerthi has recieved a big lot last weekend. Delivered 10+ vehicle today. They won't pick up phone, so you should just show up.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230918_1643208362.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230918_125638164.jpg  

bhupesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 18:23   #893

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinya95 View Post
The Booking Experience:

Decided to go ahead and make the booking. Abhishek did help me understand a bit more about the waiting periods and connected me to their finance guy to understand loans and the stuff.

However the ROI they offered was slightly higher than what I was getting from HDFC.

Also, I was informed that they have a Thane showroom coming up on 1st September and since I live in Thane, it seemed practical to wait and book it there directly.

Finally booked the bike on 5th Sept and it has been quite a slick experience over here. I was assigned a Sales Consultant named Samadhan and though he seemed new, he has been very helpful till now.

Paid some more amount as down-payment on Saturday and have been promised delivery on 15th October.
Will pay the remaining amount this week and finally have my very own vehicle.

Looking forwards to contributing with some more information in the coming weeks and months.
Wow, a turnaround this quick is quite surprising. I paid the 10k deposit on 5th September as well, but I'm yet to receive any communication from Khivraj Whitefield (Bangalore) or Triumph. Guess I should start pestering the Khivraj people, that is if they're willing to pick up my call at all.

I'd also love to hear the experience of folks from Bangalore who were late to the party (booked in September) and if we have a tentative timeline on when we can expect delivery.
d3xt3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 19:27   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
Here in Bangalore, we are waiting for a proper update after a week of full payment.
I’ve made the payment on 4th of Sept, still no update on anything yet.
Old 18th September 2023, 20:40   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
Have they allotted the bike? I think by this time you should have received the insurance details at least, which have the engine and chassis numbers. After that comes the RTO registration, and with these holidays I think that might be a bit delayed.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 21:03   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Have they allotted the bike? I think by this time you should have received the insurance details at least, which have the engine and chassis numbers. After that comes the RTO registration, and with these holidays I think that might be a bit delayed.
Wrt Keerthi, most who got bike today has paid in last week of Aug. My understanding of the milestones are -

1. Insurance message on mail @ D+7/10 (where D is day of payment)
2. RTO OTP call @ D+10/12
3. RTO Payment acknowledgement @ D+12/14
4. 4-5 days after this based on RTO's load.
bhupesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 21:37   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Nothing really. No sms from insurance also. But someone from the insurance company had called me 2 days back asking for the nominee details that’s all.
Old 18th September 2023, 22:55   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Let's hope that we get our bikes from the lot that @bhupesh has mentioned in his post above
pratik_terni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 06:20   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing really. No sms from insurance also. But someone from the insurance company had called me 2 days back asking for the nominee details that’s all.
I had done my payment on 5th Sept and did receive the insurance details this weekend from Keerthi. I would suggest you pay them a visit or try getting in contact with the SA. My SA was not reachable, so managed to get other SA's number through the financing guy (l know right ). Now waiting for the RTO OTP. But I guess due to the festival holiday's it will be delayed some more.
Old 19th September 2023, 10:26   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
Now waiting for the RTO OTP. But I guess due to the festival holiday's it will be delayed some more.
They mentioned that RTO is closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th September 2023 at 10:48. Reason: Trimming quoted post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks