Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 15:26   #196

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Last 5 digit of my booking ID is 006**. But whether it conveys any information about the booking serial number? I booked around 15th July in Kolkata. So far received no call from the dealer about TD
Old 30th July 2023, 17:07   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Apologies if I am mistaken but didnt the prebookings start on 5th July, after launch? Was it possible to book on 28th June.?
The Triumph 400 twins were unveiled globally on 27/June in the UK & the pre-booking started in India soon after that, I did the pre-booking on 28/Jun after seeing the gorgeous motorcycles in the launch event, I couldn't resist myself to wait for the India price announcements
MathanK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 17:29   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Apologies if I am mistaken but didnt the prebookings start on 5th July, after launch? Was it possible to book on 28th June?!

For context, I have booked on 6th July at Triumph Pune and unlike some other folks here, have not gotten any calls from the showroom for TR. I called and they said I have to wait. Also, they said they have 2000 bookings for their store alone. Looks like their might be a wait, even if take it with a bucket/pinch of salt.
They started the bookings after global launch event in UK. I booked on 28th Jun and my booking id is 27xx.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 23:00   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyRider View Post
Same here. My booking id is 60XX and so far no calls received from Keerthi Triumph.
Same here. Haven't received the call yet. Maybe early this week they might.
My booking id is #39xx. Also the 30min test drive window will probably be too much for them to provide, as there will be a lot of people wanting to test drive. Preference will be given to the ones that have booked the bike I guess.
chakli_kodbale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 23:13   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofan View Post
Last 5 digit of my booking ID is 006**. But whether it conveys any information about the booking serial number? I booked around 15th July in Kolkata. So far received no call from the dealer about TD
If you are shortlisted amongst the first 10k customers, TriumphMotorcyclesIndia will send you a whatsapp message confirming the same. Thereafter every week they have been sending whatsapp updates/various generic videos/data about history of Triumph, beginning of despatch of first batch of bikes etc.

There is only one dealer in Kolkata as of now, Speed Triumph at Tiljala. After reading updates in the thread about test rides in various cities, yesterday I dropped a message to the dealer who reverted today that test rides will begin on 9th August.

Hope this helps.
aviator1101 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 23:21   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
Same here. Haven't received the call yet. Maybe early this week they might.
My booking id is #39xx. Also the 30min test drive window will probably be too much for them to provide, as there will be a lot of people wanting to test drive. Preference will be given to the ones that have booked the bike I guess.
Didn't you receive any message from the dealer and a form to fill the details and preferred time slot for test ride ?
Old 31st July 2023, 11:14   #202
BHPian

Yeah I’ve received all the messages. I’ve filled the Google form as well, it was from Triumph India, and not from any specific dealer I suppose.
Old 31st July 2023, 12:54   #203
BHPian

Anyone from Mumbai has received a call from Shaman Andheri for test rides? They had initially said that the bikes would arrive by 29 Jul, but when I called them on Saturday, they said that the bikes are yet to come. Test rides would start in the first week of Aug. They weren't willing to commit to a date.
Old 31st July 2023, 13:10   #204
BHPian

Keerthi Triumph confirmed that bikes available for display from 5th August.

Test drive scheduling is being managed by Triumph centrally.
sprocket is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 13:56   #205
BHPian

I did not fill the form as they were asking for too much information. Still got a call from Triumph for the test ride, these two things are not connected. It's ok if you have not filled up the form.
Old 31st July 2023, 19:35   #206
BHPian

Just received this message on whatsapp. So it's an official confirmation now. Cheers

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230731_193346.jpg
aviator1101 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 19:36   #207
BHPian

Just got a whatsapp message from Triumph stating that the first batch is being delivered in Aug 2023.

They have asked to contact the dealer and complete all payment and document formalities by 15th Aug 2023.

Not sure why this was not sent last Friday (people who are eager to get this done would have utilized the weekend).

I guess Triumph wants to deliver the first batch on Aug 15 and ride the media coverage.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 19:42   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Just received this message on whatsapp. So it's an official confirmation now. Cheers
Congratulations. I also got this message. Kinds of leaves me in a dilemma as I wanted to test ride the Harley X440 also before taking a call on which one to go for. Looks highly unlikely that Harley TD can be done before Aug 15th.

Going by the demand and hype, pretty sure that there will be pressure from the dealer to quickly decide, make payment and all.
Old 31st July 2023, 19:42   #209
BHPian

I got the following message when I contacted Keerthi Triumph - Bangalore. In comparison, the person on call said the mine would probably be in the next lot. They have already contacted the first 100 "probable owners".

He asked me to call back on or after 4th Aug for a test ride slot booking. Upon asking for Google Docs and slot booking updates etc., he wasn't sure anything about that - strange
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-bike-delivery.jpg  

Old 31st July 2023, 19:49   #210
BHPian

Just received this WhatsApp message from Triumph India:
"Dear, The wait is over!
Congratulations we are delivering the first batch of Speed 400 in Aug'23 and yours is part of this.
Please contact your chosen dealer and complete all payment and documentation formalities latest by 15th Aug'23.
Test ride bikes will soon be available at the showroom for you to check out and experience the perfect ride!
Best regards,
Triumph. For the ride."

Why the push for payment *first*?
Despite me following up atleast-once-a-week with Riya Triumph Ahmedabad, I've never received any concrete schedule/details from them. Moreover the contact details (both telephone & email) listed on Triumph India's website are either nonresponsive or nonexistent.
To me it looks like Triumph/Bajaj wants to cash-in before the initial hype fades away!

Anyone here got any confirmation about the testride & delivery schedule from Riya Triumph Ahmedabad?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks