Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 11:29   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review

Today I saw some Givi stuff for the Super Meteor. Probably they will have a well finished product for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by al90 View Post
Thank you, this one will serve the purpose but you will lose the OEM grabrails and the one from Zana looks a bit too crude, even I am looking for a backrest but haven't been able to find one that doesn't require the OEM grab rails to be removed.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 11:37   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Checked the option from Zana motorcycles? Their accessories used to be popular in the Versys community I was a part of earlier!

Quote:
Thank you, this one will serve the purpose but you will lose the OEM grabrails and the one from Zana looks a bit too crude, even I am looking for a backrest but haven't been able to find one that doesn't require the OEM grab rails to be removed.
Yes, I did. They have a nice set of accessories. However, as observed, the backrest over there is rather crude-looking. I feel the motorcycle's rear will look odd after installing this.
Personally, I do not want a backrest. However, I may have to give in to domestic compulsions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

If a top box is otherwise useful to you and you don't mind how it looks, you could consider installing that. Will serve two purposes in one.
You got me here. Clean is good. Hence, I shall continue to ride solo till I can.

Last edited by Chinmay : 19th March 2024 at 11:47. Reason: Minor typo
Old 19th March 2024, 17:04   #168
Senior - BHPian

Looked up Zana stuff on bike n biker and the welds look ungainly. A company with this many years shouldnt be like this
Quote:
Zana looks a bit too crude
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-screenshot-20240319-2.48.568239pm.jpeg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 17:24   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Looked up Zana stuff on bike n biker and the welds look ungainly. A company with this many years shouldnt be like this
I've been to their factory, used multiple products over multiple motorcycles, and aside from the inevitable rust, I have also suffered a past bash plate fracture.
Just one advice - STAY AWAY.
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 17:27   #170
Senior - BHPian

Even 6KIOM stuff (I think it is called hyperrider) gave way on my CB 350. Not easy to make quality stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I've been to their factory, used multiple products over multiple motorcycles, and aside from the inevitable rust, I have also suffered a past bash plate fracture.
Just one advice - STAY AWAY.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 17:51   #171
BHPian

On 14th March, I had taken my bike to the Whitefield service center because ABS was not working and the rear wheel was locking up. I waited for 3 hours as they tried to fix the problem but they couldn't resolve it. The SA told me that ABS modulator is not working and they need to replace the part. They told me to leave the bike and will call me once the issue is fixed.

I followed up after 2 days but there was no update. Again no update from their side so I called them up again today morning. The SA said that they have placed an order for the modulator and it will taken 2 days for them to receive the part. But around 4PM today, I got a call saying that the ABS issue is fixed and to collect the bike.

The SA said that they thought modulator was causing the issue but they identified some code mismatch with the ABS unit in the software. They said it was resolved with the software update.

I am surprised that they kept the bike for 5 days and said that an order for the modulator was placed but somehow identified the issue within the next couple of hours.

Plus, after 1st service I have driven around 150 Kms but I have noticed a drop in pick up. Anyone else noticed something similar?
Old 25th March 2024, 11:44   #172

I had bought my Scrambler 400x in Jan ‘24 and I started noticing oil leak near the engine piston top area post the 1st service. I was really disappointed to see this from Triumph. Took it back to service center and they gave the bike back saying that it was some issue with o-ring.

Did someone else face this issue?
Old 25th March 2024, 14:38   #173
BHPian

Finally took my delivery on 23rd evening from the Khivraj EC showroom. The overall experience from the test rides to the final delivery was smooth and the team were very helpful, especially Pratik.

On my way back from the delivery, there was one issue though - I was in 3rd gear heading towards a bump and I slowed to move it to 2nd but the bike stalled. It didn't start when I tried to. I patiently turned off the engine, waited couple of seconds, turned the bike and kill switch on, tried to start again but failed. Then I pushed it to the side and waited for 2mins. Then I repeated the same process and it started fine. Since then I rode 50kms and have not experienced the issue but it is still at the back of my mind.

Any suggestions? I thought this was corrected with the software update.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th March 2024 at 15:57.
Old 25th March 2024, 19:55   #174
BHPian

Triumph has 'managed' a hardware issue with a software fix, so it's not foolproof. Yesterday my bike stalled when I was making a U-turn on a road, my daughter riding pillion, with vehicles coming fast from the other side. So there's definitely a safety issue involved here as well.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 00:48   #175

Can anyone confirm if there’s an RPM lock in the first 1000 kms? My scrambler doesn’t seem to cross the 6.5k rpm mark even I try to pull a lot
Old 31st March 2024, 03:20   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkitheaviator View Post
Can anyone confirm if there’s an RPM lock in the first 1000 kms? My scrambler doesn’t seem to cross the 6.5k rpm mark even I try to pull a lot
Yes, once you cross 1000km, it automatically goes away.
Rhaegal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 09:05   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Triumph has 'managed' a hardware issue with a software fix, so it's not foolproof. Yesterday my bike stalled when I was making a U-turn on a road, my daughter riding pillion, with vehicles coming fast from the other side. So there's definitely a safety issue involved here as well.
That’s so Scary!

Hope it never happens again.
Old 31st March 2024, 09:40   #178
BHPian

Need help.

1. PPF not working:
Me and a fellow scrambler400x owner took our booked to a detailing workshop for a ppf. While working on the bike with the ppf, they observed some kind of paint coming off from the tank. They stopped the process and said to check with the Triumph team to do the lacquering/finishing. L This workshop is pretty famous in Bangalore.

For a new bike, what am I missing here?

2. I’m feeling a lot of vibrations on the left side of the handlebar. I installed the hand grippers which reduced it say 30%bit otherwise its still dominant. Checked for any loose nut but found none. Anyone else felt this? Any solution that worked?
aashikf1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 15:00   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
Need help.

2. I’m feeling a lot of vibrations on the left side of the handlebar. I installed the hand grippers which reduced it say 30%bit otherwise its still dominant. Checked for any loose nut but found none. Anyone else felt this? Any solution that worked?
I had dropped my bike after that felt vibrations on the handle bar. I highlighted this issue in the service center and they tightened the screws in the handlebar after which the vibrations were not felt anymore.
Old 1st April 2024, 15:05   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegal View Post
Yes, once you cross 1000km, it automatically goes away.
Will they unlock it during the first service even if the bike has not crossed 1000 kms?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks