Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 18:01   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
It is no doubt a very good bike.

My dealer called me today to ascertain if all was fine. I pointed out the few niggles I was facing and told him to let RE know that the seat desperately needs work.
I am getting an alternate seat made for the bike, which is going to be very much similar to what I have been using on the old Standard. This seat is far more comfortable and provides good cushion and support to the lower back.

The earlier stays were around 4' inches long, I will be using longer but thicker stays for the seat on Classic (approximately 6-7 inches) keeping in mind the seating position due to low handle position. Second option is using a RD handle bar which will make up for the lower seating position and using the earlier measurements.

Also, thinking of adding a little more cushion to the rear to make sure it doesn't look out of place.

Any inputs? (Pics attached for reference - Earlier Seat)
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-dsc00642.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-dsc00629.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-dsc00627.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-dsc00626.jpg  

Old 9th September 2010, 21:17   #377
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mantri!

I don't know if the seat you have in mind can be fabricated for the Classic. Everyone I have approached says it would impossible given the extremely small plate size for the front size. Add to that the fact that the rear is barely a couple of inches from the front, one is faced with an extreme shortage of space.

Do check out Sanjeet's thread, a lot of discussion on the seats takes place there.

I wish I had a camera! I wanted to share my current seat design with you guys. :(
Old 9th September 2010, 21:52   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mantri!

I don't know if the seat you have in mind can be fabricated for the Classic. Everyone I have approached says it would impossible given the extremely small plate size for the front size. Add to that the fact that the rear is barely a couple of inches from the front, one is faced with an extreme shortage of space.

Do check out Sanjeet's thread, a lot of discussion on the seats takes place there.

I wish I had a camera! I wanted to share my current seat design with you guys. :(
I agree with you that the old standard was generous on the room for this customization which is not the case with classics.

Thats exactly the reason I will have to wait until I get the bike delivered and spend sometime thinking on what is the best possbile option.

Yes, I have been following Sanjeet's thread very religiously as it covers most of the issues and solutions revolving around the Classics.

W.R.T. pics that you are looking unable to upload - Beg, Borrow or Steal my friend & ensure you share the pics with us soon.
Old 9th September 2010, 22:25   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
I agree with you that the old standard was generous on the room for this customization which is not the case with classics.

Thats exactly the reason I will have to wait until I get the bike delivered and spend sometime thinking on what is the best possbile option.

Yes, I have been following Sanjeet's thread very religiously as it covers most of the issues and solutions revolving around the Classics.

W.R.T. pics that you are looking unable to upload - Beg, Borrow or Steal my friend & ensure you share the pics with us soon.
True... I am sure it would be possible if you are not particularly averse to welding the required mounts. Just be very careful with whatever you do. Best would be to imitate someone's successful experiment.
When is the next RM? I am sure we will see some interesting solutions to this issue.

As far as the pics are concerned... you have no idea how bad it feels.

Before the rains set in and I packed my Bull under covers, I used to wash and wipe dry it everyday. On weekends, I used to spend an hour polishing it. It shines like a beauty! But sadly, no one around appreciates all the hard work and the result. Those are the times I want to post pics and share them with people I know would be interested in seeing them.

Darn it! I'll get a new cellphone sometime soon. Enough of frugality.
Old 9th September 2010, 22:40   #380
BHPian

Quote:
True... I am sure it would be possible if you are not particularly averse to welding the required mounts. Just be very careful with whatever you do. Best would be to imitate someone's successful experiment.
When is the next RM? I am sure we will see some interesting solutions to this issue.

As far as the pics are concerned... you have no idea how bad it feels.

Before the rains set in and I packed my Bull under covers, I used to wash and wipe dry it everyday. On weekends, I used to spend an hour polishing it. It shines like a beauty! But sadly, no one around appreciates all the hard work and the result. Those are the times I want to post pics and share them with people I know would be interested in seeing them.

Darn it! I'll get a new cellphone sometime soon. Enough of frugality.
RM is in Goa from November 19th to 21st.

I plan on riding down this year and look forward to meeting up with lot of folks onboard.

I certainly would love to implement mods after valuable inputs and successful results by the veterans on Sanjeet's thread.

As far as the pics go, I am sure you will manage something soon. Hoping the rains pass away soon, as I really don't want rust issues on my bike with monsoons about to end.

And yes, we always look forward to appreciating efforts that go in keeping our babies spick-n-span. And not many around would really be able to acknowledge/appreciate your efforts as they don't really understand what it means to be in love with your ride. For them its like, kuch karne ko nahi hai toh bike dhote rehta hai.

Last edited by mantrig : 9th September 2010 at 22:42. Reason: Correction
Old 11th September 2010, 10:59   #381
Senior - BHPian

Oye guys! How did it go today? Hope everything is going great and you come back with your Classics today.

Awaiting pics and a detailed report!

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
RM is in Goa from November 19th to 21st.

I plan on riding down this year and look forward to meeting up with lot of folks onboard.

Hoping the rains pass away soon, as I really don't want rust issues on my bike with monsoons about to end.

And yes, we always look forward to appreciating efforts that go in keeping our babies spick-n-span. And not many around would really be able to acknowledge/appreciate your efforts as they don't really understand what it means to be in love with your ride. For them its like, kuch karne ko nahi hai toh bike dhote rehta hai.
I don't know how much attendance the RE one will see. But hopeful you can see some good stuff being exhibited.

Lucky you! I have always wanted to ride a Bull on the Mum-Goa highway. :(

Still raining in Delhi, my Bull it still sulking. Wish I could ride soon, getting impatient now.
Old 11th September 2010, 18:41   #382
BHPian

Took delivery, the process was smooth & fast. The bike is worth every penny spent.

Will upload pics & riding experience on Monday as my notebook's in office today knowing I would not be spending anytime working. Had the scuffing issue on the front mud gaurd, went & got it aligned from the service centre.

The only reason I will be riding down to Goa is for the ride more than the event.

Heading to the spares guy in town to get the crash gaurd for my baby.
Old 11th September 2010, 19:37   #383
Senior - BHPian

Great news!

Congratulations... wishing you many many happy miles!

PS: Go and ride, ghar pe kya kar rahe ho!

PPS: Where are you San?
Old 11th September 2010, 20:29   #384
BHPian

Congrats Mantrig. Thats great news.

As for me, I am still waiting . I was out of station for past two days so couldnt contact Dealer.
Old 12th September 2010, 09:51   #385
BHPian

Congrats guys. Enjoy the bull. I would say don't worry too much about the seat if you weigh less than 70-72 kgs. Drive it around for sometime before you start making the changes. It will take sometime to get used to the seat till it breaks in,
Old 13th September 2010, 18:42   #386
BHPian

Finally Mystique arrives...

Hello Folks,

Finally took the delivery on Saturday morning.

Thank you Achint, Rahul & stnair for your comments.

@ - Rahul - The seat is not bad at all, I'm 80+ kgs but the seat did a good job. Also, lets catch up sometime soon.
@ - Stnair - Thats bad news, hope you get your ride A.S.A.P

The ride back home was somewhat long, to the temple and then to the service centre as the mudgaurd was scuffing against the right fork. Got it rectified and then headed home where dad was already standing down waiting to take a test ride.

Sorry for him not a helmet but it was just not possible for to stop him from taking his small test ride within the lane which is blocked for any cars due to Ganpati on the street.

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-dad.jpg

The initial riding experience has been excellent. Great response, the tires seemed to have a great grip atleast on dry tarmac as I am yet to ride on a wet surface. The brakes have seem to do their job well too.

The seats have not been a let down, as I thought the case might other than a instance where I felt the the spring on one ead went a little deeper before spring back to normal when I took her through a pothole.

Saturday was pretty tiring, took the delivery in the morning and afternoon post lunch headed to lamington road to get the crash gaurd installed.

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-crash-gaurd.jpg

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-side-view.jpg

Then had to hop into a friends car to head to Mira Road for Ganpati Darshan at a friend's place and then got a couple of other family engagements which sucked the juice out before I came back home by around 22:30 and was fast asleep by 23:00pm. Infact skipped my dinner due to the fatigue.

Sunday sneaked in at 00:15 and it was not even an hour since I had actually fallen asleep and up I was again, headed to the fridge and helped myself with a glass of milk before getting fresh and hopping in a pair of denims, a tee and shoes on.

Left from home after telling mom that some friends are waiting down to go for Ganpati Darshans as it was a weekend. Could'nt help lying on this occassion only to leave from home for a ride which lasted for a good two hours with lots of coffee at different destinations (Marine Drive, Worli Sea-face, Bandra Reclamation and final stop was Domestic Airport).

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-night.jpg

Just the two of us till around 3:30 in the morning. OT, spotted the white busa (Pinnacle's Bike I think) at worli sea face at around 1:30.

Sunday morning went down just to notice that the meter read - 118 kms and today it stood at 177 while I left for work. God knows where they came from.

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-speedo.jpg

The experience has been fantastic so far and will update you guys as things move further.

Last edited by mantrig : 13th September 2010 at 18:45.
Old 13th September 2010, 19:44   #387
BHPian

@mantrig

Great pics yaar. My best wishes- May god bless you with safe and trouble free rides forever.

Did You say the Odometer shows 177km when it was delivered? Thats odd. Who rode that much- Does the factory test ride it like that?

And dont ask me when I will get my bike. If I open my mouth, I will start crying.

Regards

San
Old 13th September 2010, 21:39   #388
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff Gaurav!

Congratulations again... and 177kms is a lot of mileage. I am pretty sure you will cross me by month end and Sanjeet in a couple of 'em.

Try the seat for a continuous 50kms when you are not pumped up on adrenaline. I used to love them the first few months, the irritation arose only when I started taking the Bull to office.

Wish you many happy miles! Treat the next time I hit Mumbai!
Old 13th September 2010, 23:06   #389
Senior - BHPian

@Mantrig-Hey congratulations for the new black beauty. May RE God bless you with happy thumping miles ahead.
Old 13th September 2010, 23:45   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
@mantrig

Great pics yaar. My best wishes- May god bless you with safe and trouble free rides forever.

Did You say the Odometer shows 177km when it was delivered? Thats odd. Who rode that much- Does the factory test ride it like that?

And dont ask me when I will get my bike. If I open my mouth, I will start crying.

Regards

San
Hey thank you for your wishes.

No the odometer read 7 kms when I took the delivery on Saturday afternoon. 177kms was today morning at 6:00am, it's already 225+ kms while I am at work now.

BTW, when is it that you are getting the bike delivered? On a serious note, is it that you have to wait for another two weeks now?

Quote:
Great stuff Gaurav!

Congratulations again... and 177kms is a lot of mileage. I am pretty sure you will cross me by month end and Sanjeet in a couple of 'em.

Try the seat for a continuous 50kms when you are not pumped up on adrenaline. I used to love them the first few months, the irritation arose only when I started taking the Bull to office.

Wish you many happy miles! Treat the next time I hit Mumbai!
Hey Achint, Thank you so much for your message.

I agree that the seat will hurt on long rides. As far as the treat goes, I certainly own you one. Now whether it happens when you come to Mumbai or when I hit your city is what only time can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Mantrig-Hey congratulations for the new black beauty. May RE God bless you with happy thumping miles ahead.
Sanjeet, Good to see you on this thread.

Thank you for your note and please make sure even after you leave for Canada you take good care of your thread as that is like the bible for alot of us on board.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks