Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 00:37   #361
Senior - BHPian

Interesting observation!

I'll get in touch with Ishan as soon as I get some respite from office. Will try and arrange it. How much of the 300v will I be using the first time? 2.5 lts?
Old 7th August 2010, 10:28   #362
Senior - BHPian

It will take around 2.2L but you will have to get 3L. The minimum they sell is in 1L packing. I payed Rs850/L.
Old 7th August 2010, 11:42   #363
Senior - BHPian

Fat hole in the pocket eh?

Any specific flush you would recommend?
Old 7th August 2010, 14:07   #364
Senior - BHPian

No need for any flush. Drain oil by tilting booth sides. Soak the filter in oil befor putting in. Fill in 2.5L, warm up the engine for few min and let the oil settle down. Then drain the oil about 100ml and repeat the process again. All the remaining muck will get draind out in this process leaving only 300v in the system. Leaving a fat hole in your wallet.
Old 7th September 2010, 18:40   #365
BHPian

Hello Achint,

I have been waiting for some fresh updates from you on this thread mate. You have been very helpful in my decision-making as far as the CL 350 goes.

And I need it your inputs the most now. Finally, after 8 months (booked in 1st week of Feb) I got a call last evening to come and make the full payment. The bike will hopefully be delivered on Saturday.

Now I am actually going to have sleepless nights.

Will keep u posted on any update. Hoping I am able to get the PDI done properly.

Anything in particular I need to look at?

Regards,
Mantri G.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:57   #366
BHPian

Thats cool mantrig, Me too got the 'final call' yesterday and made full payment- hoping to get the Bull early next week. Sleepless nights? Yeah . I am also getting paranoid thinking how to avoid and hide it from my cousins who would definitely want a test ride. (No one touches my Bull before 3k km)

Now I am reading ESSYOUWEE manual over and over again. Any last minute suggestions?
Old 7th September 2010, 22:18   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Thats cool mantrig, Me too got the 'final call' yesterday and made full payment- hoping to get the Bull early next week. Sleepless nights? Yeah . I am also getting paranoid thinking how to avoid and hide it from my cousins who would definitely want a test ride. (No one touches my Bull before 3k km)

Now I am reading ESSYOUWEE manual over and over again. Any last minute suggestions?
That's exactly what brought me back to this thread. It's been quite a while since S-U-V has gone on the backburner (Hope you are listening Achint).

Apart from this thread, one more thread which I have been closely following is Randhawa's http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ip-review.html where we have Nasir also giving his inputs along with Randhawa and helping us understand these beasts better.

As far as hiding the bike from you cousins goes, seems like a hurricane task. All the best with your bike delivery and also in keeping the bike under wraps.
Old 7th September 2010, 23:23   #368
Team-BHP Support

Reading all these RE threads is so tempting me to get my very own thumper. One Q for bullet owners. I TD'd a 350 classic as well as an Electra and one common feature I felt was that they both felt a little wobbly for some reason. I almost felt a little apprehensive to speed up even moderately in each.

Is this a common factor amongst bullets, just bad coincidence or perhaps just my own imagination. Any thoughts anyone?
Old 8th September 2010, 01:01   #369
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

Sorry for not being around. Actually, I haven't used the Bull much for over a month now. It has been raining in Delhi and my daily 90km commute on the Bull has been halted.

I am at 5350kms. I have been trying to source Motul 300V as I need to change the oil now. Having great difficulty finding it here (anyone with any tip offs.. please help!) and so have avoided using the Bull in general.

A week back, I took the Bull out for a 60km ride. It is still as awesome as day 1!
The thump after the short bottle has improved appreciably.

I would strongly advise you guys to wait till 2k kms before you consider doing anything at all with your Bulls!

I have tried to play everything by the book and by God's grace I haven't faced any technical hitch in my 9 months of ownership.

I have almost completely given up on RE service now. I try and do most things myself. Will be paying them a visit soon for the Motul oil change and a few paint touch-ups I was promised.

I am really happy you guys are gonna get your Bulls soon. Its a great feeling guys, please do make sure you post the whole experience for us!

Standard checks would include:
- leaks! (kick shaft and others)
- Electricals (@ST if you aren't used to electric start, do familiarize yourself with the process at the dealers (I hadn't and am still reluctant to use it ))
- The dealer's mech will add oil before delivery... do supervise that and make sure he adds the required qty. You DO NOT have to pay for it.
- Sanjeet spoke of an updated RVM design as well as some updates on the swing arm issue. Do make sure you get all the updates, if not... do raise a stink with the customer relationship manager in your city.
- Toolbox (these guys steal tools sometimes)
- Idling after the engine is sufficiently hot

And then there is a horde of general stuff which you guys will easily notice while taking delivery.

Do test drive before delivery to check for the instability issue some people are facing.

If you face any issue you feel I can help with, just give me a buzz! All the very best for the purchase and congratulations guys!

@Axe77
Might have been a one off case or perhaps due to bad roads. I find my Classic to be sufficiently stable. How about giving it a try again?
Old 8th September 2010, 09:46   #370
BHPian

Thanks EssYouWee for the suggestions.

The trouble with RE is you cannot 'Choose' the bike. I mean when I bought my HH Splendor 10 years back, There were some two dozen splendors available in the showroom and me and a friend checked thoroughly each before selecting a spotless one. But in case of RE a single piece comes to the showroom once in a bluemoon and you are lucky to have it. If you complain, the dealer will give it to the next person in queue! All one can hope is to pray for a 'good piece' and ask the dealer to 'rectify' the defects.

I am praying

By the way I own a scooty pep and is that good enough for the 'electric start' experience you mentioned ?

regards

San

Last edited by stnair : 8th September 2010 at 09:48. Reason: Add more data
Old 8th September 2010, 11:13   #371
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely... there is little will one can have against the might of RE :P

As far as the electric start goes, I have no idea at all! I have never used electric start on any bike other than my Classic. Its kind of a dumb aversion to it. (Sanjeet please don't take my case for this!)
But do give it a try before you roll it out of the showroom.

Rest, stick to the books and the Bull shouldn't buck.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:06   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

If you face any issue you feel I can help with, just give me a buzz! All the very best for the purchase and congratulations guys!
Finally, you are back on this thread. Thank you for your inputs.

Will look forward to all the check you have mentioned above. Chintan (a fellow member) is going to be joining me hopefully, which should be very helpful.

Phew, the wait was really long and hoping it was worth ever bit.

Regards,
Mantri G.
Old 8th September 2010, 21:08   #373
BHPian

@mantrig

I see from your signature that you own a RE STD 350. What made you go for a Classic 350 then?

As for me who rides a Scooty now, its a quantum leap to CL 350.

regards

San
Old 8th September 2010, 22:03   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
@mantrig

I see from your signature that you own a RE STD 350. What made you go for a Classic 350 then?

As for me who rides a Scooty now, its a quantum leap to CL 350.

regards

San
The problem is the existing bull is being used by my cousin brother and I am no longer open to sharing the ride as both of us have to go somewhere or the other on weekends.

He happens to be my Aunt's son and younger to me by more than a couple of years. So I chose to let him enjoy the old CI engine and have bought the Classic for myself simply keeping in mind the reliability that the newer engine brings along over the old thumper. She will always be around and later if I want I can always switch over.

But as off now, I am more keen to make the best out of the UCE engine, considering my fiancee is with me for most of the rides and it would just be more re-assuring for me to ride a reliable steed (CL 350) rather than riding a 30 year old baby (old Standard) with a troubled mind where I dont know which part might break-down on the 400+kms rides.

I am hoping the bike lives up to my expectations as it would also be my daily ride to work (Worli - Powai) which is approximately 50kms to & fro. And this was primararily the reason why despite of having the budget I did not go in for the UCE 500.

Phew, hope she arrives this weekend.
The wait has been really really long.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:34   #375
Senior - BHPian

It is no doubt a very good bike.

My dealer called me today to ascertain if all was fine. I pointed out the few niggles I was facing and told him to let RE know that the seat desperately needs work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks