Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 00:47   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

rkavthekar
I agree with Randhawa but because this is basically a new motorcycle I feel the Dealers service department should correct this without charge.

From the description you have given concerning breaking in the engine and the speeds you have been limiting the bike to you have done everything correctly so I feel that this is a factory error that they should fix at your next service (or before).

Randhawa
Good to see you posting again. We have been lacking your expertise.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 6th June 2012 at 00:48.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:47   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
rkavthekar
I agree with Randhawa but because this is basically a new motorcycle I feel the Dealers service department should correct this without charge.

From the description you have given concerning breaking in the engine and the speeds you have been limiting the bike to you have done everything correctly so I feel that this is a factory error that they should fix at your next service (or before).

Randhawa
Good to see you posting again. We have been lacking your expertise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Fuel tank needs to be removed to undo the rocker covers. Then tighten up the head bolts, if problem persists then they will have to replace the head gasket.
Thank you so much for the prompt response. I intend to take my bike to authorized service centre only. I wanted to know what should I expect the ASC to do during the service for the leakage problem. I will update the forum once I get back my bike again.

thanks a million to both of you

take care and ride safely
Old 11th June 2012, 12:05   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Thank you so much for the prompt response. I intend to take my bike to authorized service centre only. I wanted to know what should I expect the ASC to do during the service for the leakage problem. I will update the forum once I get back my bike again.

thanks a million to both of you

Bike went for second service this weekend. ASC changed the head gasket. Charged Rs. 320 for the gasket. Apart from the same, Oil and Oil filter changed. Drove around 20 odd kms. Everything looks fine. Once again, thanks for all the help.

Old 2nd July 2012, 22:52   #979
BHPian

Hi everybody
I have booked RE Thunder bird in Feb 12 and waiting for delivery by next month ,Booked the bike in banglore Jaya nagar.But now iam more intrested towards classic 350 maroon color.Iwould like to know if i change the model,i should wait for another 8 months or it will be clubbed with my booking date and delivered in next 2 months time.Pls advice.
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:18   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansu View Post
Hi everybody
I have booked RE Thunder bird in Feb 12 and waiting for delivery by next month ,Booked the bike in banglore Jaya nagar.But now iam more intrested towards classic 350 maroon color.Iwould like to know if i change the model,i should wait for another 8 months or it will be clubbed with my booking date and delivered in next 2 months time.Pls advice.
I had booked the Silver Classic 350 on the 9 of February but changed it to a silver Thunderbird as I could not wait.
They initially refused to accept the change so I asked Mr.Abin Varghese(RE-Karnataka), who was kind enough to get it sorted.
You can mail him if the Dealer refuses to comply.
:You booked it at the RE brand store?
Old 3rd July 2012, 23:08   #981
BHPian

Thanks Viswas ,I will check for the same. Yes the booking is done in RE Brand store.
Old 10th July 2012, 23:52   #982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
I had booked the Silver Classic 350 on the 9 of February but changed it to a silver Thunderbird as I could not wait.
They initially refused to accept the change so I asked Mr.Abin Varghese(RE-Karnataka), who was kind enough to get it sorted.
You can mail him if the Dealer refuses to comply.
:You booked it at the RE brand store?
Hi Vishwas,

Im too planning for RE bike but still not able to decide which one, CL 350 or TBTS. Would you mind sharing the on-road price for both and the waiting periods?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 11th July 2012, 00:04   #983
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am worried about the health of my TBTS, it is due for the 4th service this week. There is a sound coming from the engine that I am not totally convinced about. I have recorded the sound so that I can get some insight about this.

Here it is:

http://soundcloud.com/vimalkrishna/e...-royal-enfield

It is a constant sound that is not high pitch, it is more like a hollow impact sound. It is not the auto-decomp sound that is also present in the clip. I usually start the bike and let it warm up for a few minutes. It is very prominent then. The bike is still under warranty. 8300 kms done in 9 months.

Cheers,Vimal
Old 11th July 2012, 02:29   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm just guessing but it sounds like piston slap to me.

It is definitely something that your dealer should look into when you have it serviced.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 17:59   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock* View Post
Hi Vishwas,

Im too planning for RE bike but still not able to decide which one, CL 350 or TBTS. Would you mind sharing the on-road price for both and the waiting periods?

Thanks in Advance!
Thunderbird and Classic 350:1.33 lakh OTR.(Yes,both cost exactly the same)
Waiting period for the Classic 350 is(12 to)14 months.
Waiting period for the Thunderbird is(5 to)7 months.
Old 11th July 2012, 18:55   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
I'm just guessing but it sounds like piston slap to me.

It is definitely something that your dealer should look into when you have it serviced.
Thanks ArizonaJim, I had no idea that this sounds like piston slap. I started reading about piston slap after reading your response and I too feel the same. And the fact that it is most prominent when engine is cold, also adds to the symptoms. I've sent the audio clip to my dealer as well, will be visiting the workshop this saturday for the last free service.

Randhawa had mentioned long ago that the UCE design itself is prone to piston slap seeping in. Gotta search for that post.
Old 13th July 2012, 23:20   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting period for the Classic 350 is(12 to)14 months.
When is this waiting period from?
I went to the RE dealership at Indore today - they were ready to deliver a Silver C350 in a month and the Black & Maroon ones in some 3 months only.
Old 14th July 2012, 08:35   #988
BHPian

Update:
I brought a Sunset Red Yamaha R 15.
Got pissed with RE Dealerships and their "Chalta Hai" attitude.
But I still envy these creations and hope to get my own when I start earning.
I had just three companies in mind before my hunt for a bike began(RE,Bajaj and TVS;I'm terribly biased when it comes to Indian companies) but barring TVS, Bajaj and RE companies have bad dealerships here so I got the R 15.
Wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
When is this waiting period from?
I went to the RE dealership at Indore today - they were ready to deliver a Silver C350 in a month and the Black & Maroon ones in some 3 months only.
Waiting period was mentioned by the RE dealership(H.S.R Services) for Bangalore.

Last edited by GTO : 14th July 2012 at 19:04. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 14th July 2012, 18:20   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
I brought a Sunset Red Yamaha R 15.
Got pissed with RE Dealerships and their "Chalta Hai" attitude.
But I still envy these creations and hope to get my own when I start earning.
Congratulations on your new R15, hope you have a really good time with it.

I had been facing the same dilemma for the past few days - really wanted to buy the CE350 but the lax attitude and the long waiting period made me choose the R15.
Will be booking one this Monday.

The love for the RE Classic still remains but I think I'll get it at a later point of in life - when i'm earning, have a few other cars and a Thar parked in my Garage.
Old 16th July 2012, 19:56   #990

Hi all, Have been following the thread for long. Finally a proud owner of a RE Classic 350 Balck. (Second Hand 2011 Model). It's Great!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks