Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 11:00   #1201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007
What is happening at Ford for this Fiesta...?
Unable to see a single car on the Chennai roads.
It is launched 2 months back, no sales or no deliveries....?

-JK
I am seeing a lot of fiestas in bangalore and few in delhi and pune. Some variants do have delivery issue.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:01   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I am seeing a lot of fiestas in bangalore and few in delhi and pune. Some variants do have delivery issue.
Still to see one in Pune. But a lot of new vernas in the city, especially the SX & SX(O) versions. Even have noticed 2-3 Fluences in the city, but no Fiestas.

In fact, the number of new Verna sightings are more than Ventos
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 14:44   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post

-JK
The same here in Delhi too. I've not seen a single New Fiesta on the roads yet.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:39   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
And going by my TD experience yesterday, I reckon this car wont do numbers.
Took a TD yesterday and I must say I am disappointed. Couldnt find a perfect driving position, and the turbo lag was very much there. It isnt a FIGO or a Fiesta Classic. And I wouldnt want to spend 12 big ones on this car.

After the TD I realized FIGO's engine has been tuned perfectly for city driving. I am going to hang on to it till I can find something suitable.
Old 20th September 2011, 16:06   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Me neither in Gurgaon...and I have been keeping my eyes peeled for one! Lots of new Vernas to be seen though, that's for sure.
Old 20th September 2011, 16:17   #1206
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Have just seen 3 Fiesta's in Bangalore yet apart from the TD cars. Lots of Verna's around though. IMO the Verna is a more complete package for the average Joe, hence the numbers.

My father wants to buy a C segment diesel sedan by the end of this year and he is very keen about the Fiesta Trend Diesel. The Trend version is loaded with the essential features and since my father will be driving the car himself so rear space and quality of parts at the rear be damned. The only thing which matters is how the car drives and given the Fiesta's dynamics and grip, it is a very obvious choice for my parents. The refinement of the mill, comfortable front seats and great fuel economy are bonus too.
Old 20th September 2011, 16:39   #1207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Me neither in Gurgaon...and I have been keeping my eyes peeled for one! Lots of new Vernas to be seen though, that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Have just seen 3 Fiesta's in Bangalore yet apart from the TD cars. Lots of Verna's around though. IMO the Verna is a more complete package for the average Joe, hence the numbers.
Sad to see this, as it's quite a good car. It might not have a rocker of an engine but for the average Joe, this should be the perfect family car.

Ford, please learn something from Honda (Jazz); the faster you understand, the better it would do for your sales.
Old 20th September 2011, 17:28   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The only thing which matters is how the car drives and given the Fiesta's dynamics and grip, it is a very obvious choice for my parents. The refinement of the mill, comfortable front seats and great fuel economy are bonus too.
You don't really have to worry about the ride and handling part. There was a shootout of some 10-12 cars on Bloomburg-Autocar (IIRC) and Narain Kartikeyan himself drove all the cars in the shootout for 3-4 laps of the Chennai circuit. He found the chasis, suspensions, ride and handling of new Ford Fiesta to be PERFECT! He was really happy with the steering too. Since, you don't care about other aspects, Fiesta is a gem.

Regarding number of new Fiestas on road, I have seen just one Fiesta in that bright green colour on Law College road. Thats it, just one.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 20th September 2011 at 17:30.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:40   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post

-JK
Deliveries ARE A BIG ISSUE with the new Fiesta. I could get mine after a lot of screaming and yelling.

Have yet to see a single NFS on Delhi Roads till date, except mine. Been too too busy to write a detailed ownership, but one should follow by the coming weekend if I am not travelling to Blr yet again.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:05   #1210
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting point of discussion. Thinking about it, I also have never seen one on the road in Bangalore. Expected to see a few at least in the outer ring road area of Bangalore. But I did catch a blue one in Mysore when I was driving back from Kerala.
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:52   #1211
MAS
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned earlier, i had booked the New Fiesta - Trend - Moon Beam Silver, on 13th Sept. I was told a 2 month waiting period. I was happy with it as i am confident that Ford would come up with some offer or the other. To my surprise, my SA called me today and said that the car has arrived and if i would like to take delivery. I turned down the offer as i may change my booking to Titanium, if the OTR price would work out to Rs. 12 Lakhs (from Rs. 12.4 now)
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:33   #1212
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw two Fiesta TDCI in Chennai yesterday. Waiting for the sales report for September to see if there has been any improvement in sales.

OT: Mustang, the dealer "confirmed" that the new Ford Mini-SUV will be launched in beginning of 2012. Please let us know if it is true and if the car is the Ford Eco-Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Been too too busy to write a detailed ownership, but one should follow by the coming weekend if I am not travelling to Blr yet again.
Eagerly awaiting for the first Ownership report on T-Bhp

Last edited by MAS : 2nd October 2011 at 09:50.
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:33   #1213
BHPian

I finally saw the first Fiesta in Mumbai...I TD'd it on Saturday and was well and truly shocked with the rear seat space, if the front if pushed all the way back...Loathed the whole car. The Classic is so much more practical and better
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:45   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
I am just wondering when you lot of Fiestas in Bangalore. I work in a place where there are multiple companies and I see almost all the cars there, max within a week of the launch. Right from Alto to Yetis to Beemers, we spot all the new launches. Trust me, I am yet to see the New Fiesta. And, haven't seen one on the roads too!

Only place I saw the car in flesh was at Metro Ford, when we went for the Ford Driving Skills program.
flyingkolors is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:50   #1215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

I saw two Fiesta TDCI in Chennai yesterday. Waiting for the sales report for September to see if there has been any improvement in sales.

OT: Mustang, the dealer "confirmed" that the new Ford Mini-SUV will be launched in beginning of 2012. Please let us know if it is true and if the car is the Ford Eco-Sport.

Eagerly awaiting for the first Ownership report on T-Bhp
Hi,

I dont thing thats a reality. The dealer is probably trying to fool you, but at the same time new car testing and launches are on a need to know basis. So there is a slim chance that i might be wrong. Was the dealer chennai ford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors

I am just wondering when you lot of Fiestas in Bangalore. I work in a place where there are multiple companies and I see almost all the cars there, max within a week of the launch. Right from Alto to Yetis to Beemers, we spot all the new launches. Trust me, I am yet to see the New Fiesta. And, haven't seen one on the roads too!

Only place I saw the car in flesh was at Metro Ford, when we went for the Ford Driving Skills program.
Well i spotted 3 sea grey ones, 2 white ones, 2 silver one & a black one in different parts of bangalore city.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 2nd October 2011 at 22:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks