Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 13:16   #1336
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
We took delivery of a Moondust Silver Fiesta Titanium+ Petrol last week. One more new Fiesta on Team Bhp. Supposed to go for a diesel but the offer we got on the Petrol was too good to resist. 9.75 on road for the Titanium+. We saw no point in spending 3 lakhs more for the Diesel.
Congratulations shimoo.

Hope to see your ownership review soon.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:21   #1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
We took delivery of a Moondust Silver Fiesta Titanium+ Petrol last week. One more new Fiesta on Team Bhp. Supposed to go for a diesel but the offer we got on the Petrol was too good to resist. 9.75 on road for the Titanium+. We saw no point in spending 3 lakhs more for the Diesel.
Fantastic! Congratulations.. that is indeed one sweet deal!
Old 7th December 2011, 14:04   #1338
BHPian

Spotted a white Titanium (could not make out P or D since I was on the extreme left lane and the car was on the extreme right lane) on way to work, on the Naraina flyover.

So the numbers are gggrrrrrddddduuuuuaaaaallllllyyyyyy increasing.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:39   #1339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Spotted a white Titanium (could not make out P or D since I was on the extreme left lane and the car was on the extreme right lane) on way to work, on the Naraina flyover.

So the numbers are gggrrrrrddddduuuuuaaaaallllllyyyyyy increasing.
I think the numbers will definitely increase if they come up with a bit of price correction. IMHO, if this car was launched with a lower price range (say around the same as the Rapid), this probably would have gathered better numbers in the team-bhp car of the year poll.
Old 7th December 2011, 16:18   #1340
Senior - BHPian

I think a price correction will spoil the brand, they do offer a little higher price when you trade in your car, basically not losing face - the buyer is happy with the resale offered and the seller is happy to get rid of his inventory. All in all, the feel that a fiesta offers has not been compromised, in the long run, sales should pick up. Ford has other launches lined up, we have to wait and see whether their approach is to have 1 blockbuster product or total utilization levels in their plant, 8 new products should keep them occupied, and focussing on expanding their service in some areas should push up the total sales of the brand, a market leader from Ford is currently an oxymoron, something like low maintenance Skodas or high residual Fiats.
Old 10th December 2011, 17:12   #1341
BHPian

!

This is call Car Handling?
Tushargohil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 21:43   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post

Awesome video but thats called car control
ford trying hard to protect their price point , fiesta is doing well in US but somehow these things do not cut much ice here in India . In many correct ways IMO India has put a correct value to the better handling USP - what more does the pricing / marketing guy need to know , look at Verna and do a reality check on how much value is attributed to handling only

Last edited by souravc : 10th December 2011 at 22:08.
Old 10th December 2011, 21:54   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder at what price would Ford sell that Fiesta in India . On another note the Fiesta count has gone up for me up to three, two whites and one silver. I often drive by one of the Ford showrooms and that one doesn't even have the new Fiesta on display sometimes .

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 10th December 2011 at 21:58.
Old 10th December 2011, 23:23   #1344
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Wow Wow Wow.. That is really something. IMHO, the New Fiesta is the benchmark of handling in the C+ segment. The Indian version can only dream of such run, but it is a good car. Will try and get the car before the end of this year.
Old 10th December 2011, 23:52   #1345
Senior - BHPian

That's an awesome video and handling is crisp, predictable and amazing.

Ford must also work on improving interior ambiance and quality as even cheaper Rapid has much better interior quality.
Old 11th December 2011, 15:42   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Apologies for not including you. That makes 5 owners of the New Fiesta in TBhp, but only two ownership reports?!

How is your car treating you? Please update. Would appreciate if you could post an ownership thread and share your experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
My due apologies carfreak77. How could I have missed your name?

That makes it 5.

How is the car running? Have you noticed the drive quality improving substantially with time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Carfreak, being first is ok, but where is the ownership review? How is the car going?
Hi all! I am really sorry I have not yet started my ownership review. I have been extremely busy with work and have not had the time to complete it. It should be up in about a week (hopefully). I just took a few days off work recently and went for a long drive in my fiesta. The car has definitely improved after the first service. By the way, I also spotted a few fiestas on the road but all of them were petrol.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 17:05   #1347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, yes... but that's achieved with heavily modified track car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
IMHO, the New Fiesta is the benchmark of handling in the C+ segment. The Indian version can only dream of such run, but it is a good car.
From what I have gathered, the Indian Fiesta is one of the best handling cars in its class. But then handling alone will not transform into sales. Unfortunately, the blue oval is considered a bit blue-collar in our country, and I guess only price correction will bring the masses into the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS
Will try and get the car before the end of this year.
So, it’s confirmed that you’re getting your car this year itself? I thought you are waiting for a 2012 model, or even change the booking to the mini-SUV
Old 11th December 2011, 18:48   #1348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
From what I have gathered, the Indian Fiesta is one of the best handling cars in its class. But then handling alone will not transform into sales. Unfortunately, the blue oval is considered a bit blue-collar in our country, and I guess only price correction will bring the masses into the showroom.
Thats surprising.
I have heard a lot of things about fords in india, but blue collar?
Old 11th December 2011, 19:13   #1349
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
So, it’s confirmed that you’re getting your car this year itself? I thought you are waiting for a 2012 model, or even change the booking to the mini-SUV
I am in a state of mind which is oscillating every day. It is strange, as i have never been so "undecided" ever in my life.

I had decided to wait for the Auto Expo, but two days back there was an article in the newspaper which confirmed that Ford would revise prices upwards from 1st Jan 2012, which would also include the New Fiesta. This has put me in a fix once again.

I am pushing for more discounts. Called up the second dealer of Ford, Chennai Ford today evening and they are giving "Insurance" as Free on the New Fiesta TDCi. If i get a good deal, i will go in for the car this year or wait for the Auto Expo.
Old 11th December 2011, 19:36   #1350
Senior - BHPian

I read that most of the manufacturers are planning a rate hike in a range of 2-5% owing to rupee depreciation effective coming new year. Try to get the car this year end & possibly delay the registration to new year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks