Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 15:34   #391
BANNED

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Yes, you are. Don't worry, you ARE supposed to make the FULL payment when the car is in transit. Please don't worry about this - you can always do PDI before registering the car - please let those guys know it before hand. Also tell them that if you find anything wrong with the car, you will need a replacement.
===================
How?? Usually transit time is around 2 weeks and how much fortune does the dealer make in two weeks, by taking the full amount?? It's a normal procedure that the customers need to make full payment when the car is in transit.
Cost of Capital for two weeks is close to 1% hence approximately Rs.4500.00 are at stake.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th November 2011 at 16:03. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large posts. Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 15:41   #392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
I took a small test drive of the Beat while i had gone to get my Spark serviced. Liked everything about this car, but the second i sat in the rear seat it was a total turn off. While the space was adequate the windows were very tiny and unpleasant. Not sure why everyone Beat owner has overlooked this aspect. If not for that, felt it to be a very nice car.
Rear Windows are deliberately designed to be small in light of safety of children occupying the rear seats as hatchbacks are supposedly self driven family vehicles.

"Trust Me Beat of India is Spark of Europe"
Old 18th November 2011, 14:09   #393
Senior - BHPian

Oh! How I missed a diesel yet again. I should have waited another month for the review on the Beat diesel to be out. Bad bad me. No doughnuts for my impatience.

Just one wild thought though. Monetarily, by how much will I be set back, if I am to sell off my 5 month old 3.5k run petrol Beat LT and get a new Beat LT diesel?
Old 20th November 2011, 01:26   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Oh! How I missed a diesel yet again. I should have waited another month for the review on the Beat diesel to be out. Bad bad me. No doughnuts for my impatience.

Just one wild thought though. Monetarily, by how much will I be set back, if I am to sell off my 5 month old 3.5k run petrol Beat LT and get a new Beat LT diesel?
You are looking at a depreciation on the current car of about 60000 Rupees plus a additional 1,00,000 Rupees extra for the diesel variant which comes to about 1.5-1.6 lakh rupees.

Even considering the petrol price to be 85 and the FE of beat to be 15, you can drive for 26,500 Kms in the same amount of money.
Mr.Beat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 18:16   #395
Senior - BHPian

Last Saturday I did an extensive test drive on Beat Diesel LT while my Beat LT was undergoing 3rd paid service.

Interior changes noticed was Golden Beat Logo in Steering and normal USB port on music system.

Started the car, sounds different from my petrol. It tells you had started the diesel motor. Little vibration is there but nothing bad to run away.

Steering is entirely different from Petrol, light very light. I like petrol's HPS which is loaded and give out good feedback.

The mini-diesel is not at all a dud. It rocketed to 120+ in not time with me and SA along wit AC running.

Overall Beat diesel is a good car but cannot call it a VFM with respect to petrol Beat. There is a difference of almost 90000 OTR price.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 13:56   #396
Senior - BHPian

A leading malayalam daily reports that Chevrolet has confirmed on a price hike of 15000/-, on the diesel variant of the Beat.
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:35   #397
BHPian

Has there been a change in the Beat Diesel? AFAIR, the ARAI mileage was 24kmpl. Now this page shows it as 25.44kmpl.

Chevrolet Beat Diesel India | Chevy New Beat Diesel Car Launched - Chevrolet India

Have Indica and Indigo eCS already been overtaken?
antz.bin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:22   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Has there been a change in the Beat Diesel? AFAIR, the ARAI mileage was 24kmpl. Now this page shows it as 25.44kmpl.

Chevrolet Beat Diesel India | Chevy New Beat Diesel Car Launched - Chevrolet India

You are true. I also have noticed this but never bothered to ask!

Though the current newspaper ads for the Beat diesel are coming with the 25.xx kmpl, the company has not put up a specific ad for the overtake! I remember that the old and the new figures are from the same agency - iCAT (and not the usual ARAI; even the Beat petrol is rated by ARAI). Is it possible for a re-test by any agency when there are no changes to the vehicle's engine specification?
Old 9th January 2012, 12:34   #399
Senior - BHPian

Mates, long time heard from you lucky diesel people. Hope you all are busy crunching miles with smiles in your pocket! Could you guys please update your experiences with the diesel? My friend is looking for an entry level diesel and I have suggested him the Beat D. He has test driven it and found to be torquey enough in the city. Though he also felt it looses its breath above 90 kmph, he does not mind that factor much as he is not intending for speeds above 90. The dealer has asked him to wait till March if he wanted the 2012 model and moreover, only by that time he will be able to finalize on the purchase too.

I have heard a Beat D in Trivandrum town passing near by my Beat P with my windows down and the engine felt really coarse. In contrast, I have heard another one, relatively new in the service center, with low sounds. So, wanted to know if the low NVH is still holding good in the long term.

I also guess the ride quality should have improved a bit from the petrol sister, thanks to the gas charged suspension and wider tires. I feel the petrol suspension is a bit hard especially while going over potholes at reduced speed. Please share the FE and any other issues (if) you are facing. Usually, diesel cars like the Ritz, Micra, Swift are giving practical FE figures above or close to the company claimed figure, but with the Beat D, I feel, no one is able to achieve the claimed figures, at least in our forum.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:52   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Last Saturday I did an extensive test drive on Beat Diesel LT while my Beat LT was undergoing 3rd paid service.

Interior changes noticed was Golden Beat Logo in Steering and normal USB port on music system.

Started the car, sounds different from my petrol. It tells you had started the diesel motor. Little vibration is there but nothing bad to run away.

Steering is entirely different from Petrol, light very light. I like petrol's HPS which is loaded and give out good feedback.

Vinu
I also did a test drive of a diesel Beat LT just of out curiosity. Completely agree about the steering, but my SA told me that the steering changes from EPS to HPS at higher speeds. Not sure if that makes sense.

Regarding the Golden Beat logo and normal USB on the music system, its there now on the Petrol version also.
Only wish they upgraded the tyre to 165!
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 13:15   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I also did a test drive of a diesel Beat LT just of out curiosity. Completely agree about the steering, but my SA told me that the steering changes from EPS to HPS at higher speeds. Not sure if that makes sense.
That is pure bull.****, if you ask me. This needs to go into that quirky comments thread.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:19   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is pure bull.****, if you ask me. This needs to go into that quirky comments thread.

just as I opened this page, guess who messaged me, this same SA talk about coincidence.

I have no idea who he was trying to fool, I just said Are you serious?, gave him a dirty look and carried on driving. (didnt see any point in arguing & discussing further)
Old 9th January 2012, 15:21   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
From the spec, it says the steering weighs up as speed increases. This is by the way true. I have experienced it.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:17   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojipg View Post
From the spec, it says the steering weighs up as speed increases. This is by the way true. I have experienced it.
that is probably true, but I dont think EPS changes to HPS, it is just that the feel of the steering resembles HPS.

Maybe thats what the SA was trying to mean.
Old 9th January 2012, 22:16   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Mates, long time heard from you lucky diesel people. Hope you all are busy crunching miles with smiles in your pocket!

Though he also felt it looses its breath above 90 kmph, he does not mind that factor much as he is not intending for speeds above 90.The dealer has asked him to wait till March if he wanted the 2012 model .

I have heard a Beat D in Trivandrum town passing near by my Beat P with my windows down and the engine felt really coarse. In contrast, I have heard another one, relatively new in the service center, with low sounds. So, wanted to know if the low NVH is still holding good in the long term.

I also guess the ride quality should have improved a bit from the petrol sister, thanks to the gas charged suspension and wider tires. I feel the petrol suspension is a bit hard especially while going over potholes at reduced speed.

Please share the FE and any other issues (if) you are facing. Usually, diesel cars like the Ritz, Micra, Swift are giving practical FE figures above or close to the company claimed figure, but with the Beat D, I feel, no one is able to achieve the claimed figures, at least in our forum.
Would like to mention points from my ownership thread here once more

Beat D easily does 100kph but after its not worth pushing

Regarding engine noise , from my experince the worthy competitor is Vento TDi , i found diesel clatter db from Vento TDi is same as in Beat D , had gone to take delivery of my cousin's Vento last month and i felt engine noise is in same level

But i do think noise tends to increase when car becomes old , but with windows rolled up and music on you would never hear any diesel clatter , even if there is no music NVH is still good as day1

gas charged suspension is doing a very good job and ride quality is far better

I guess by 2012 model you meant 2012 manufactured car and not face lifted Beat, rite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I also did a test drive of a diesel Beat LT just of out curiosity. Completely agree about the steering, but my SA told me that the steering changes from EPS to HPS at higher speeds.
I think SA meant steering becomes more tight at higher speeds ,

For me EPS is of great use in city traffic while battling with autorickshaws and two wheelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post

@ antz.bin - 25.44 kpl!! Want to know how Chevrolet managed to increase FE in 6 months

Like thoma had mentioned , as a beat D owner i have never reached claimed FE figures (guess no other owners in forum too ), now with 25.44 kpl task has become more tough

A friend of jkdas had called me to know about Beat D ,He too bought the oil burner Beat as his previous car was Aveo with 8kpl and he said even if its 15kpl he is more than happy

best FE figures i reached is 21 kpl and worst 15 kpl during first month

In last FE check i clocked 208 kms for 500 rs of diesel (11.22) - 18.53kpl in city , this is an approximate don't kill me for not doing Tank full method

Since its mostly city driving i'm happy with FE figures and i never expect to reach claimed FE figures with my style of driving

Into 5th month of ownership and i have done 4100kms with 1800km in last month alone

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 9th January 2012 at 22:18.
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks