Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 11:16   #3796
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

So my jetta HL DSG diesel is almost 9 years old and a few problems have cropped up.. 75K on the ODO.. Wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced these issues and any contacts for a reliable workshop to fix them in bengaluru.

The power steering has become hard. Also there is a grinding noise at the extreme lock levels. I can drive but I just feel something is different. Took the car to A.S.S and they were clueless and not interested in spending time on figuring it out.. Lame reasons given.

There is a noise coming from engine bay at idle.. SA said it is flywheel related but I do not think the noise is due to a defective flywheel. Seems to go away when I rev it a bit or after driving a little bit. Could it be related to any belts/chains.

Also any suggestions for replacing the struts/shocks? Should I just go OEM?

TIA..
Old 21st August 2023, 11:32   #3797
BHPian

I have the manual Trendline 2013 model(93K on odo now). I had gotten the flywheel (along with clutch) changed at around 86K. Got some suspension stuff sorted out too like struts and (engine?) c-mounting(maybe this is the part that you may need to change for the sound from engine - like a vibration - I had it too).

Damage was around 1.22L for : Clutch, Flywheel, Wheel bearings, Lower arms, C mounting. All done in the showroom. But if you find a good FNG, you can probably get these done there too.
Dinesh Chengalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 19:45   #3798
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but seems to have the most Jetta owners so here goes -

I need some parts for my Jetta 2.0 TDI 2010 model.

Specifically the right engine mounting and the pipes for the top fuel filter.

If you guys know of any shops / stores in Mumbai that could possibly keep these please let me know.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg  

Last edited by mwzd : 24th August 2023 at 19:47.
Old 25th August 2023, 09:47   #3799
BHPian

Take it to Paramount Auto Care, the owner is an ex engineer at Hyundai R&D and he's been in the business from the past 13-14 years. A very nice person and does not charge unnecessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
So my jetta HL DSG diesel is almost 9 years old and a few problems have cropped up.. 75K on the ODO.. Wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced these issues and any contacts for a reliable workshop to fix them in bengaluru.

The power steering has become hard. Also there is a grinding noise at the extreme lock levels. I can drive but I just feel something is different. Took the car to A.S.S and they were clueless and not interested in spending time on figuring it out.. Lame reasons given.

There is a noise coming from engine bay at idle.. SA said it is flywheel related but I do not think the noise is due to a defective flywheel. Seems to go away when I rev it a bit or after driving a little bit. Could it be related to any belts/chains.

TIA..
You have the famous Opera house! Take the samples and go there, I am 100% confident you will find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwzd View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but seems to have the most Jetta owners so here goes -

I need some parts for my Jetta 2.0 TDI 2010 model.

Specifically the right engine mounting and the pipes for the top fuel filter.

If you guys know of any shops / stores in Mumbai that could possibly keep these please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 12th October 2023 at 18:12. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 25th August 2023, 09:57   #3800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
You have the famous Opera house! Take the samples and go there, I am 100% confident you will find it.
Any specific shop that specializes in VW spares?

I could go and ask around, but looking for a recommendation if possible.
Old 2nd September 2023, 16:29   #3801
Senior - BHPian

For the benefit of enthusiasts - and those bemoaning (esp in south india) over the incredibly high prices of used Jetta, I am selling my beloved baby since we are moving out of country. https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...or-sale/71759/
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 14:33   #3802
BHPian

Finally, after 55K kms and 11 years, my Jetta manual clutch gave up. I have been quoted a ball park figure of 60K (including flywheel). Yet to receive the actual quote from the FNG. Does this quote seem ok? Thanks in advance.
Old 12th September 2023, 11:18   #3803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Finally, after 55K kms and 11 years, my Jetta manual clutch gave up. I have been quoted a ball park figure of 60K (including flywheel). Yet to receive the actual quote from the FNG. Does this quote seem ok? Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I got this done Apr-2022 at VW SC for my 2013 Jetta Trendline @ 86K in Hyderabad and these are the costs :
Clutch Kit : 25.5 K (+5.7K for labor)
Flywheel : 40.5 K (+2.6K for labor)

Hope this helps !

Thanks !
Dinesh Chengalp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 09:26   #3804
BHPian

Got the Continental UC6 to replace the worn out Michelin set. And to my surprise, these are actually very good, performing lot better than I expected.
ahmed26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 08:28   #3805
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A timeless beauty, a machine that ages so well. My best bud's Jetta is almost 12 years old now. Has 65000 clicks or so on the odometer. Still drives well & looks fantastic. We were a 2-car group headed out for a vineyard tour over the weekend.

He bought a C300d recently, so the Jetta is now used like a beater.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img4153.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img4155.jpg
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 09:27   #3806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So my jetta HL DSG diesel is almost 9 years old and a few problems have cropped up..

TIA..
So what happened finally?
Old 8th October 2023, 19:54   #3807
BHPian

Hi Jetta owners from Hyderabad,

Which are the best FNG's to maintain a Jetta in and around Hi-tech City? Looking for competent and reasonably priced places.
Old 9th October 2023, 10:08   #3808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Hi Jetta owners from Hyderabad,

Which are the best FNG's to maintain a Jetta in and around Hi-tech City? Looking for competent and reasonably priced places.

Not a Jetta Owner, but an avid Instagram user.

Seen a lot of Jetta's and VW work being done by Check Engines.

Wouldn't hurt to give them a shout?

I can personally vouch for Man & Machine, but have heard that they aren't working on Skoda and VW anymore.
ballfry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 17:26   #3809

Quote:

TIA..
Steering issues can be due to worn out tie rod ends or the worn out bearings in the front suspension mount.Worst case scenario is worn out steering rack but considering the mileage its unlikely.Noise at idling is which subsides on revving or driving i.e. clutch engagement is most likely due to worn out DMF (dual mass flywheel).You can confirm this by little jerk felt on sudden acceleration.Also the alternator belt could be the source of noise.

For suspension I would suggest go for hybrid mode struts/shocks OEM, sourced from authorised service centres and mounts, bushings,connecting rods etc, aftermarket from OE supplier brands like lemforder, marelli, borsehung, febi etc.
Aftermarket and OEM Struts are almost similarly priced but other suspension parts VAG pricing is ridiculously expensive.
Old 20th November 2023, 11:27   #3810
BHPian

Experts & Owners of Jetta, Need a help to source a part

My Pre-owned Jetta 2014 Highline DSG is missing the cover for the skie access hole (Not sure of this name though - used for the the boot access from rear seat). Tried in Boodmo but not available.
Can anyone help to source this / point to where I can source one from?

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks