Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:28   #3046
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Jetta is mechanically sorted car except "Water pump" issue which is present even in Superb.
Jetta mechanical issues to worry about on long run is the HPFP failure. This is the costliest repair one can get into. AC is also a culprit almost every 3-4 years.

Quote:
Just couple of days back my rear right ABS sensor gave up. Dealer quoted 4K + labor, while I got it fitted at 850 + labor from FNG.

The error also comes when dust starts collecting over the sensor. I used to have this error on right front wheel. I simply started using vacuum and cleaning dust from all the wheels. I have not seen that light, light up after that. Service center go for replacement simply based on error code than spending time to find root cause. This is why you hear the same error prop up after few weeks of new sensor replacement in some cases.

The next potential issue one may face is the accelerator pedal sensor either going bad or getting dusty. Its a simple DIY to remove and clean but takes some patience as the clip that keeps the assembly stick to the ground is slightly tricky to remove. But cleaning this once every 2-3 year is a good idea.

Last edited by VW2010 : 23rd November 2017 at 13:33.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 21:18   #3047
BHPian

Had a chat with lots of owners about LED H7 headlights in the normal halogen housing and overall it's been thumpingly positive. I will probably order a pair from Ali express and check it out for myself
Old 8th December 2017, 09:21   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Had a chat with lots of owners about LED H7 headlights in the normal halogen housing and overall it's been thumpingly positive. I will probably order a pair from Ali express and check it out for myself
Hey mav2000, temporary i have upgraded to phillips extreme vision plus H7. And the light is brighter than before however not a vast difference but yes noticeable difference. I am pretty sure LED H7 would make lot of difference but surely requires some configuration through VCDS and heat dissipation as well. Eagerly waiting for your DIY in this case.
Old 18th December 2017, 19:29   #3049
Distinguished - BHPian

hello folks,

Went for a late night drive yesterday to Anand and realised that the car was knocking and sounding a bit gruff. It has only been 3000 Km since the last service so air filter could be ruled out.

My dad later told me that he had filled up diesel from a deserted petrol pump for the first time. This is the second time the car behaved this way, the last time this happened was in December last year, but it was a very slight unnoticeable knock.

This time though, it occurred twice once after a cold start and once after the engine was upto temperature.

It sounded exactly like this:

On a separate note, the car is 3 years old, so looking to use Liquid moly injector cleaner to clean the injectors as well.

It continues to do well otherwise and am still on stock brake pads after 48K km.

Regards,
vishy
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 10:48   #3050
BHPian

Some folks have complained about knocking sound post diesel gate software update. Can it be the reason?
Old 19th December 2017, 16:35   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Some folks have complained about knocking sound post diesel gate software update. Can it be the reason?
Yes. Tappet noise, lethargic engine response, drop in power, requiring (a bit) frequent gear shifts in city traffic, unusable 6th gear on highways, are all the result of the software update.

I got mine updated and have driven for about five thousand kilometres. Since I had a remap from Pete’s earlier, I could get it back and my car is now driving like a charm!

It’s been some time since I have updated my ownership thread. Will do it by the weekend. 😊
Chethan B G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 19:21   #3052
Distinguished - BHPian

Meet a colleague today who is based in Brisbane and has a 8k km 7/2017 Jetta 1.4TSI DSG. We casually got talking about cars and he mentioned that his DSG has developed a 'sneeze' between 2nd and 3rd gears, and VW has reassured him that they will change the Mechatronic as and when it fails.

Alarming that globally VAG is fitting the dry clutch DQ200 to more and more vehicles, and they can't seem to kill the problem once and for all! I am assuming some bean counter has done the math including impact on brand value, cost of replacement etc, and it is much lower than the potential fix.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 07:57   #3053
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I am assuming some bean counter has done the math including impact on brand value, cost of replacement etc, and it is much lower than the potential fix.
+1

I have asked myself this question a million times why would VW continue with a gearbox that has such a high rate of failure and which involves so many mechatronic replacements!

Maybe this is some calculated move where the cost of developing a new gearbox is far higher than the cost of replacing the mechatronics a few times. They may have even calculated so many mechatronic replacements in this many % of cars sold!
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 15:07   #3054
BHPian

Folks,

Need some help. Yesterday evening I was pulling out from my apartment onto the main road I briefly stopped for a moment to check the traffic and when I started moving again slowly I felt a something hit my car from behind.

Stepped out to see a fruit vendor cart had him my car. He was trying to leave saying nothing happened. I intercepted him, made him wait and checked out the car to see the below.Gave him piece of my mind and asked him on what next. He started pleading and showed 200 Rs he had made that day. At that point I warned him to be careful with the cart and let him go.

I don't intend to claim insurance want to get it fixed at the earliest. Its impossible for me to drive around the car with broken light and dent [ Not ideal mindset for Bangalore roads]

Questions :

1. I checked with Apple Auto, Whitefield , Bangalore and the part cost for the tail light assembly is Rs.8800. I feel its steep. So looked up online and I see the below item available at half the price. Can some one please provide some inputs based on their experience of ordering light assembly from aliexpress ? Will this be a good fit or should I go with the showroom part?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...ceBeautifyAB=0

2. Also the small one inch dent next to the light assembly, Can it be fixed with light tinkering and repaint or does it need a large area to be repainted ?

Thanks
Bipin
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20180102_232748.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20180102_232807.jpg  

Old 4th January 2018, 16:15   #3055
BHPian

For the dent, do try Trend Automobiles near Bommanahalli. They are pretty good. For the light, it's best to contact the seller and get confirmation on the right part / shipment etc. before you place the order.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 16:27   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Folks,

Need some help. Yesterday evening
Questions :

1. I checked with Apple Auto, Whitefield , Bangalore and the part cost for the tail light assembly is Rs.8800. I feel its steep. So looked up online and I see the below item available at half the price.
Thanks
Bipin
The light doesn't seem to be badly damaged and one of the options would be to repair it.

If you can retrieve the small red broken missing piece, it should be possible to fix it with Araldite.
AutoSphere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 00:03   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Will this be a good fit or should I go with the showroom part?
Hi bipinbn,

This does not look OEM and there might be mismatch in color of plastic and quality. I would suggest you either get the existing one repaired or get OEM replacement from dealer.

You can also check with used parts dealers if they have this piece in stock from total loss cars.

I would prefer paint less dent removal even if means living with a small scratch. Its impossible to match color on an old car.

If you have 50% NCB with high IDV then it would make sense to get this repaired on your own.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 5th January 2018 at 00:05.
Old 8th January 2018, 11:38   #3058

Not sure if this is the right forum.
Anybody knows the cost of a turbo for Jetta 2.0 TDI, 2010? Volkswagen quoted 1.25L but is there an equivalent we can import? Any leads will be help.
Old 8th January 2018, 13:23   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_rx View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum.
Anybody knows the cost of a turbo for Jetta 2.0 TDI, 2010? Volkswagen quoted 1.25L but is there an equivalent we can import? Any leads will be help.
Is it including labor charges? There are tons of websites(mostly European) where you can find the turbo but you need to know the part number to order. Also, need to factor in customs duty. Even I was told that my Jetta turbo needs to be replaced (its leaking oil), but for now the car seems to be running fine with no loss of power. I will have it checked again in another 5K kms and take a call.
Old 8th January 2018, 15:18   #3060

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Is it including labor charges? There are tons of websites(mostly European) where you can find the turbo but you need to know the part number to order. Also, need to factor in customs duty. Even I was told that my Jetta turbo needs to be replaced (its leaking oil), but for now the car seems to be running fine with no loss of power. I will have it checked again in another 5K kms and take a call.
Not sure, i'm assuming it is including labor since it was a comprehensive quote. In any case getting it done at the dealership is ruled out. I'm trying to compare quotes on international sources vs local sources. Keeping fingers crossed. Agreed there are lots of sources for the turbo but i'm hoping someone has had a prior experience. On a related context, you should checkout your turbo again as oil leak into the engine bay can become disastrous for the engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks