Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2018, 11:09   #3136
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Contrary to other member's good experience, mine wasn't as good with trico wiper blades. Got them last year from the same seller as other members ordered on ali express. I wasn't happy with sweep; It used to leave some water on windshield after the sweep and operation was very noisy. Sometimes it was getting stuck in between for microseconds (as if the surface wasn't smooth enough) during the sweep which results in jerky operation.

It finally gave up yesterday after exact one year. I will replace it with OEM ones tomorrow.

Please let me know if I missed any trick with trico wiper blades which led to bad experience.
IMHO, non OEM wipers are a strict no-no, especially on the Jetta. They degrade very soon and start screeching/ uneven sweeps. I have learned the hard way!
acemanhiflier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 11:14   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
I own a pre-worshipped mid-2014 Jetta TSI CL. The car has clocked 33K kms.

I am very satisfied with the car's performance and built quality. However, one issues continuously nags me... and that is DOOR RATTLE.

The doors are certainly more solid than equivalent Japanese cars, but somehow I do not get the reassuring thud on closing the front doors, which VW stable cars seem to be famous for. Instead, there is a minor rattle. More so on the driver side door. Sometimes, I can hear the rattle whilst driving also. The rear doors seem to be fine.

The car was in extended warranty till mid 2018. I brought this to the notice of the Service Center several time during servicing/ checkups. They assured me that the same will be fixed. But nothing seems to have changed.

Is there any acoustic treatment (pads, inserts etc.) which I can opt for to improve on this?
Refer to this thread it successfully eliminated the door rattles.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157660
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 00:02   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, non OEM wipers are a strict no-no, especially on the Jetta. They degrade very soon and start screeching/ uneven sweeps. I have learned the hard way!
Many tbhpians had good experience with treco wiper blades while OEM wiper blades gave them bad experience, refer following post & subsequent discussion

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3735767

That's why I switched to trico but unfortunately, I got burnt with the experience.

On the other hand, had first bad experience with Automark Volkswagen, Ahmedabad today. They confirmed over call that wiper blades are in stock & I can get them replaced today however when I reached the workshop, an SE attended me after 20 mins of wait & said that only LHS blade is available; Total waste of 2.5 hours on Sunday & running cost of 50 kms.

Also, he mentioned that VW doesn't allow sales of parts over the counter. I must get wiper blades installed by them & have to pay the labor. Is it true?

Edit:
Just searched on tbhp & came across following thread. If they don't allow over the counter sale, I will escalate the matter accordingly.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4132621

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 16th July 2018 at 00:06.
Old 16th July 2018, 22:32   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
Refer to this thread it successfully eliminated the door rattles.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157660
Thanks for the link. But, I do not think that the solution for Polo holds for Jetta.

There seems to be something loose inside the doors. I think a 3M acoustic type of treatment can improve things.

Anyone, advice on good FNG in Vizag which can help me?
Old 17th July 2018, 06:24   #3140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link. But, I do not think that the solution for Polo holds for Jetta.

There seems to be something loose inside the doors. I think a 3M acoustic type of treatment can improve things.

Anyone, advice on good FNG in Vizag which can help me?

Are you experiencing a sort of knocking sound where it feels as if something is bouncing inside the door card?

If this is the case, then pry open the reflector at the bottom of the door and the culprit should fall out. If not, put your finger in and check. My chauffeur did the same thing and found that a round cylinder like plastic clip had come loose and was rattling inside. This is one of the 30 odd clips that holds the door card to the door.

The noise is gone completely although I do experience a bit of creaking, which should go away with a bit of silicon spray on the door beading.

Do tell me if the rattles disappear.

Hope this helped,
Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 06:45   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Are you experiencing a sort of knocking sound where it feels as if something is bouncing inside the door card?
It is a minor rattle, which is hard to describe. But since Jetta's cabin is pretty silent, it feels nagging.

If I squeeze the door handle tight or put pressure on the plastic trim, it reduces/ stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The noise is gone completely although I do experience a bit of creaking, which should go away with a bit of silicon spray on the door beading.
Can you please elaborate on using the Silicon Spray? Exactly where to apply it?

Is this what we are talking about: -

https://www.amazon.in/3M-4-Way-Spray.../dp/B015OJJR8W

Thanks for the inputs bro.

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 17th July 2018 at 06:51.
Old 17th July 2018, 15:21   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Vinay, I am looking for indicators and brake/stop light bulbs. Have you installed these already? Was it Canbus error free? Also how is the improvement? Some pics, especially brake lights would be appreciated. Thanks.
The Indicators work like a charm and are error free. However, the brake lights though work great, are not error free. I ordered twice but both the times they are not error free and I got a refund. Now I have two sets of non canbus bulbs that throw error every time lights are switched on. I am living with it specially when they came virtually free

PS: Links are in the earlier post above.
vinayrathore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 19:40   #3143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
The Indicators work like a charm and are error free. However, the brake lights though work great, are not error free. I ordered twice but both the times they are not error free and I got a refund. Now I have two sets of non canbus bulbs that throw error every time lights are switched on. I am living with it specially when they came virtually free

PS: Links are in the earlier post above.
Thank you for your feedback. I would rather live with stock bulbs I guess.
Old 19th July 2018, 11:00   #3144
BHPian

Hello Gentlemen, I am looking at a pre owned 2012 Jetta Comfortline with 67K on the odo. The asking price is Rs.6.5 lakhs.
During the TD the used cars dealer I took along to have it checked found only two issues with the car, brake calipers and suspension work ( front & rear). Is it a good buy at this price and what would be the cost of getting these two things fixed at ASS ?
Old 23rd July 2018, 15:21   #3145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Hello Gentlemen, I am looking at a pre owned 2012 Jetta Comfortline with 67K on the odo. The asking price is Rs.6.5 lakhs.
During the TD the used cars dealer I took along to have it checked found only two issues with the car, brake calipers and suspension work ( front & rear). Is it a good buy at this price and what would be the cost of getting these two things fixed at ASS ?
I got my rear suspension changed last year and the total was around 21k (See image below)

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-capture.png

If you know the VIN of the Jetta you are looking at, just call your local VW service centre, ask for the parts department, give them the VIN and ask for prices and availability of the parts you want.
Immix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 16:15   #3146
BHPian

Hello experts, I am about to close a deal for a pre-owned Jetta TDi Comfortline Manual. The car is 2012 manufactured, 47K run with ECU remap done. The car is well inspected, drives well and cost finalized is around 6.50 lacs. Any pointers what all to look for in a pre-owned Jetta.
Old 25th July 2018, 00:25   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
I got my rear suspension changed last year and the total was around 21k (See image below)
Also, please keep in mind that GST on parts is now whopping 28% so please confirm with the workshop to get an accurate estimate as suggested by Immix.

-------------------------

Quote:
On the other hand, had first bad experience with Automark Volkswagen, Ahmedabad today. They confirmed over call that wiper blades are in stock & I can get them replaced today however when I reached the workshop, an SE attended me after 20 mins of wait & said that only LHS blade is available; Total waste of 2.5 hours on Sunday & running cost of 50 kms.

Also, he mentioned that VW doesn't allow sales of parts over the counter. I must get wiper blades installed by them & have to pay the labor. Is it true?
Got my wiper blades changed during last week. After 4-5 calls to the workshop manager regarding my bad experience of my previous visit, a guy finally visited my office & replaced wiper blades in the parking. I let go off labor charges due to this extended support by the workshop. Total cost of both the blades: 3072 INR (including tax and labor). Labor charges were around 140 INR + 18% taxes. Due to import fees deposit Amazon now charges on trico wiper blades, OEM blades are cheaper than them.

Also, wiping operation is far better than trico blades. There is a minor noise during the operation if you listen very carefully. Overall, I am satisfied with OEM blades.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 10:57   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Hello experts, I am about to close a deal for a pre-owned Jetta TDi Comfortline Manual. The car is 2012 manufactured, 47K run with ECU remap done. The car is well inspected, drives well and cost finalized is around 6.50 lacs. Any pointers what all to look for in a pre-owned Jetta.
Well, that looks like a steal especially in BLR, the car has plenty of miles to serve... I suggest you take it to a VW/friendly garage and have them inspect it thoroughly, get it fully serviced/oil changed/interiors cleaned/exterior polished so you get almost a new experience!
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 13:30   #3149
BHPian

VW symbol on the car's key fell somewhere & I couldn't find it. VW surely could have provided a better key for such an awesome car. I haven't heard any case like this before am not sure whether it's available as a part or not. Does anyone have idea?
Old 31st July 2018, 13:21   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
VW symbol on the car's key fell somewhere & I couldn't find it. VW surely could have provided a better key for such an awesome car. I haven't heard any case like this before am not sure whether it's available as a part or not. Does anyone have idea?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pc...ceBeautifyAB=0
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks