Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 21:53   #211
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

As usual a great review, one that all of us were waiting for. Hats off to M&M for a competent, contemporary and classy product.

This confirms that at 7.00L the THAR is overpriced.
Old 14th October 2011, 22:03   #212
BHPian

People who have BOOKED, White color and AWD models might face delivery delays. M&M is offering a change of models/colors FOC, incase people are not willing to wait for too long.
Old 14th October 2011, 22:27   #213
asw
BHPian

Made for India SUV, still very nice looks and interiors. This would be the game changer in SUV segment
Old 14th October 2011, 22:28   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
I have booked the XUV and delivery is sometime in Jan 2012. But I will look forward to some ownership reports to see if this problem surface.

Question here. Do I need to rethink about my booking if this problem exists in the vehicles being delivered ?
If it were me, I would wait to see whether this problem creeps up in EVERY XUV sold till you get yours. Also if M&M is not able to fix it and if the issue is too annoying, I would cancel the booking. Else I will happily LIVE with it because its too good a fantastic package to be ruled out for just some rattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
btw i had a question my linea is 1280 kg 90 hp, and XUV is 2650 Kg with 140 bhp. If i get a RD box and pep my linea to 110 bhp, do i get the same kind of accelerating feel of XUV or somewhere close?
There are a couple of Lineas on this forum fitted with chips. You might want to go thru those to get an idea of the difference. I think Linea will have some lag unlike the XUV even after chipping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Mods, this is from my own earlier post. I am not trying to *bump* the thread but I need to seek the answers from somebody who has more info than me in this regard. Do you think any such thing is possible?
If I were you, my options for modification will these as listed below:

1. Change the grill to mesh grill instead on the one with vertical slashes

2. The grills on bumper edges are made of plastic, I would re-paint it to body color [Its subjective to decide whether you want all 4 strips to be body painted or just the top ones on either sides. I guess re-paintng only the top ones and leaving the bottom ones black will make the car look more sporty].

3. Re-design the vertical slashes & elongate it to touch the bumper [make it full size]. This will definitely make the car look better.

Depending on your location, please find an experienced and reputed modifier to get the work done. And yeah, I would not want hi-fi guys like DC to do this job. Am sure most metros have at least couple of good guys who can do good jobs on car mods [cosmetic].

If you can get some one to photoshop the mods to get a hang of how the car will look after the changes will help you take a call better as to what exactly you want in your car.
Old 14th October 2011, 22:46   #215
Senior - BHPian

My 2 bits:
Use the hyundai verna's L shaped fog lamps in the upper slot and a row of LED running lights in the lower slot. Can someone photoshop what i mean?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-mahindraxuv500inindia1.jpg  

Old 14th October 2011, 22:53   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My 2 bits:
Use the hyundai verna's L shaped fog lamps in the upper slot and a row of LED running lights in the lower slot. Can someone photoshop what i mean?
There is a picture of a XUV with the LED running under the grill slot. You may look in the older XUV thread. After seeing that picture I thought this may be the reason why there is a gap between the grill slots and the lower frame.
Old 14th October 2011, 22:57   #217
Senior - BHPian

Kudos Mahindra&Mahindra&Manson! Great vehicle, great review.

Nearly 3/4 of our cars now look overpriced ,some exorbitantly priced. Even though we have deal-breakers here in the form of unreliable electronics and un-premium dealerships, still the 5-oh-ohh will have cascade effect.

I assume those tail-cluster motifs are laser-etched. Maybe they can offer custom engraving to the owners when they book the car, just like Apple offered custom messages on iPods. Imagine "Love to Drive" etched in the tail-lamps.

Did I miss the turning radius?
Old 14th October 2011, 22:57   #218
BHPian

Kudos, first to TATA, for ARIA and to MAHINDRA for giving us this wonderful machine XUV 5 oh oh

This just shows how much advancement these 2 companies have made from the time they started. They can turn their products into world class ones, all they need to do is take care of small niggles associated with them and improve the aftersales. Kudos to them.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th October 2011 at 09:57. Reason: spelling
Old 14th October 2011, 23:33   #219
Senior - BHPian

There's so much heat generated, so much demand on the plate, hysteria if you will.

Makes a lot of marketing sense to jack up the price..... I'd bet my bottom dollar the pricing would go north soon. It would be foolish not to skim the the milk while you safely can.

Hope I'm wrong for the sake of customers who have booked to lock the price.

--Ramky
=====
Old 14th October 2011, 23:39   #220
Team-BHP Support

There is this other thread that talks about game-changers and breakthrough cars in India. And it didn't strike me that the XUV500 could be one of them. What a great SUV by Mahindra. they have out-done themselves here.

This is the SUV that will give Mahindra the 'take that Tata' moment. Much like what the Scorpio gave, for Mahindra several years ago. The XUV500 is more of a SUV than the Tata Aria, at least in terms of looks. And quality and equipment is comparable, I suppose. But what gives the Mahindra the edge is the pricing.

This is where Tata failed to make it large with the Aria. They got the pricing horribly wrong. And I believe that it might be too late to correct that now. The XUV500 has arrived. And what a SUV it is! I saw one on the road today, and it looks great.

But mahindra, please do something about that front bumper. The LEDs, those 'claws', is all a bit much IMO. It really ruins a perfectly good car. It needs a face-lift. Maybe a minor correction. It needs one badly.

Great job Mahindra! Truly commendable! You get my vote!

And before I forget! mason, great job with the review. You've covered everything necessary to be covered. Great photos, and a wonderful perspective of the SUV. You've given us enthusiasts the showroom-experience without even stepping into the showroom!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 00:04   #221
BHPian

Manson!! Fab Review-
Now in two minds re AWD or the FWD - even after thinking rationally -saving in cost - still tilting towards the AWD - no real reason - doubt if Ill use it off road much - or ever- had my share of fun with the Gypsys both 410 and 413
Views guys???
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 00:16   #222
BHPian

Much awaited review and a good one at that! Mahindra has delivered a product that lives up to their caption 'Rise', as rightly pointed out in the review notes when comparing the XUV to Scorpio.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th October 2011 at 09:59. Reason: spelling
Old 15th October 2011, 00:33   #223
Senior - BHPian

Nice description covering each and every angle and aspect. I think this is your first full report. No doubt why it had a 5star rating.
The vehicle is going to sell in large numbers; to individual owners - not as taxis I meant.
Old 15th October 2011, 01:08   #224
Senior - BHPian

Nice Review. Kudos to Mahindra for believing in themselves and bringing out the XUV500. The car looks nice , has all the basics covered and is priced well. And as somebody mentioned , it beats the fortuner on most parameters and is half its price.Lets hope the car does well and mahindra takes care of its prospective buyers once the car is out of the showroom and into someones driveway.
Old 15th October 2011, 07:06   #225
BHPian

Nice review and detailing. Thanks a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks