Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2012, 14:09   #3376
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Taking the delivery of my Red W8 in an hrs time from India Garage, Palace Road. Here are the details
  • Booked on 18th June
  • Ex-Show room after the revision - 1338162/-
  • Road Tax+Handling 259011/-
  • I got the insurance from outside. Got it from Oriental and paid 43603/-
  • Opted for only the foot rest. 9500/-
  • Will be getting the 3D Kaagu mats and paint protection done from outside
  • Between SBI and India Garage they have charged me 7500 more and India Garage has promised to return the same
  • Will wait for some time before I get the reverse camera installed

So far the experience with India Garage has been good. In fact when I booked the sales guy came home to collect the cheque. He was even ready to come to my place with the demo car. I had built a relationship with these guys when I walked in on 17th June for the first time for a casual look at the car.

I was able to do the PDI. Initially the SA told me PDI can be done after the payment. I casually asked him to verify his statement and then get back. I was called for the PDI the very next day.

A suggestion for people who have booked. Keep the SA in good humor. Start calling for delivery date abt 6 weeks after the booking. Eventually you will get a date.
hsprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 14:43   #3377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprabhu View Post
Taking the delivery of my Red W8 in an hrs time from India Garage, Palace Road. Here are the details

I was able to do the PDI. Initially the SA told me PDI can be done after the payment. I casually asked him to verify his statement and then get back. I was called for the PDI the very next day.

A suggestion for people who have booked. Keep the SA in good humor. Start calling for delivery date abt 6 weeks after the booking. Eventually you will get a date.
Congratulations hsprabhu! Enjoy the ride and have a great time with the beast. Do post your ownership report along with some pics!
btw: a noob question, who is the SA? The guy who closed the sale during the booking? I spoke to one of these guys while booking, but then when I started asking for the delivery date, I was referred to the XUV team lead. Want to make sure I am keeping the right guy(s) in good humor .
Old 25th September 2012, 15:45   #3378

Quote:

Can you highlight what all did u check in the PDI?
and Congrats on buying the car.. happy driving!!!
Old 25th September 2012, 16:17   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So far the experience with India Garage has been good.
Did India Garage offer you a decent test drive of the XUV? A colleague and good friend is struggling to get one. The chaps on St. Mark Road refused for an extensive test drive and only let you drive around the block and back which is less than a km.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 25th September 2012 at 16:36.
Old 25th September 2012, 16:30   #3380

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Did India Garage offer you a decent test drive of the XUV? A colleague and good friend is struggling to get one. The chaps on St. Mark Road refused for an extensive test drive and only let you drive around the block and back which less than a km.
Try the Sireesh Auto @ Yelahanka . there was no restriction on the TD and one could go all the way to BIA.. perfect road for a TD
Old 25th September 2012, 17:07   #3381
BHPian

Quote:
Did India Garage offer you a decent test drive of the XUV? A colleague and good friend is struggling to get one. The chaps on St. Mark Road refused for an extensive test drive and only let you drive around the block and back which is less than a km.
Sireesh auto in Hosur road gave me a really long test drive. They were really friendly and cordial. you could ask your friend to go there
gandalf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 21:29   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
One downside being creaking sound from the front, don't know if it is from cut bush or general monsoon issue. Anyway taking my car for second service will get it checked up.
Cheers
Thanks for the feedback. Please do keep us posted about the creaking noise from the front suspension -- findings from investigations during next service and whether it gets rectified and if so, how?

Other XUV owners too have talked about suspension noise on this thread.
Old 25th September 2012, 22:34   #3383

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda

Thanks for the feedback. Please do keep us posted about the creaking noise from the front suspension -- findings from investigations during next service and whether it gets rectified and if so, how?

Other XUV owners too have talked about suspension noise on this thread.
Have the same problem. Maybe the car's only done 3500 Kim's so the suspension takes some time to settle. But the creaking sound from front passenger side especially over speed breakers or bad roads at specific low speeds is surely there.
Ravi1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 07:01   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
btw: a noob question, who is the SA? The guy who closed the sale during the booking? I spoke to one of these guys while booking, but then when I started asking for the delivery date, I was referred to the XUV team lead. Want to make sure I am keeping the right guy(s) in good humor .
Thanks and yes will upload pics with ownership report soon. For me some X took care of booking. After a month or so he asked me to contact Mr Y to get the delivery date. And it was Mr Y whom I kept in good humour and referred to as SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjain View Post
Can you highlight what all did u check in the PDI?
and Congrats on buying the car.. happy driving!!!
Somewhere in this thread someone has posted a very detailed PDI spreadsheet. Took a print of that and followed what I felt were critical as the list is exhaustive

Quote:
The first test drive was for 10 mins. I told the SA I would need a longer test drive. What he suggested was "Sir come on non-busy days. I can take you on airport road. You can take a long test drive". So it depends on when you go there. Weekends are busy. Best days are the non-auspicious days (and I wouldnt know which are those). They do oblige for the long test drives.
Old 26th September 2012, 09:56   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and yes will upload pics with ownership report soon. For me some X took care of booking. After a month or so he asked me to contact Mr Y to get the delivery date. And it was Mr Y whom I kept in good humour and referred to as SA
Thanks Buddy! I will try and build a rapport with this guy.
I am planning to go for the same accessories that you did, foot rest and the 3D mats. The challenge is that in Hyderabad, the footrest is being quoted at 15K. have posted on the XUV facebook page and got a note from M&M to send these details to the customer care email. Hope they bring parity in prices by the time I pick up mine (tentative date is Oct 16th).
Did you go for the underbody treatment or the paint protection?
DoneAndDusted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 10:14   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Foot step should be 9500/-. PM me your mail id I can send you the scanned price list from India Garage. You can show it to the guys in Hyderabad.
Will go for paint protection and 3d mats. May be this weekend. Will upload some pics after that. Have not made up my mind about under body protection. Will think it over.

Last edited by hsprabhu : 26th September 2012 at 10:15. Reason: Missed responding to one more question.
hsprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 00:31   #3387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Foot step should be 9500/-. PM me your mail id I can send you the scanned price list from India Garage. You can show it to the guys in Hyderabad....
Why don't you share the scan copy on this thread? Others also will benefit from taking a copy of that and producing to the dealers when they have a different quote. More than that, PM is going to help only the members who have the privilege [25 posts+].

Please upload it here for the benefit of newbies & non-members too!

Update::
Quote:
...have posted on the XUV facebook page and got a note from M&M to send these details to the customer care email. Hope they bring parity in prices...
Guess the M&M dealers should be cursing team-bhp & it's members! First we created an issue for the insurance quotes, now accessories packages. Sure we are troubling them with their (thick) margins!

Quote:
I suggest you get these things outside of dealers. My pick will be 3M for both unless there is a better reputed team / org.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th September 2012 at 00:40. Reason: Added the "Update" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 07:42   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprabhu

Foot step should be 9500/-. PM me your mail id I can send you the scanned price list from India Garage. You can show it to the guys in Hyderabad.
In Bangalore, Sireesh auto sells it for 9000. I fitted a pair yesterday.

When I asked about cheaper alternatives, he said they were available at unauthorized accessories shops, but they were not planning to stock those.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 09:13   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks HsPrabhu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Guess the M&M dealers should be cursing team-bhp & it's members! First we created an issue for the insurance quotes, now accessories packages. Sure we are troubling them with their (thick) margins!

I suggest you get these things outside of dealers. My pick will be 3M for both unless there is a better reputed team / org.
Thanks for your input swift. Will check out the 3M option outside of the dealer. btw: would you recommend both paint protection and underbody treatment? I had tried the underbody sometime ago on my old IKon , but really did not see any benefit. Even after this, the exhaust/muffler developed a hole . I know underbody does not cover the exhaust, but then i really don't see a need for it in a dry place like Hyderabad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
In Bangalore, Sireesh auto sells it for 9000. I fitted a pair yesterday.

When I asked about cheaper alternatives, he said they were available at unauthorized accessories shops, but they were not planning to stock those.
Thanks tachobells. Can you also please post the price list from Sireesh?

I am attaching the price list I received from VVC motors hyderabad for everyones benefit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf img057.pdf (276.7 KB, 677 views)
Old 27th September 2012, 10:04   #3390
BHPian

Quote:
Even after this, the exhaust/muffler developed a hole . I know underbody does not cover the exhaust, but then i really don't see a need for it in a dry place like Hyderabad.

I am attaching the price list I received from VVC motors hyderabad for everyones benefit

I did under body treatment from a local garage. The choice was either Wurth or 3M. I opted for 3M. It cost me Rs.2500\-. Hope it lasts considering current weather conditions in Kerala. I watched their entire process and can say they applied it cleanly. Asked for waxing and has recieved a quote of about Rs.1500\-, which, may do after 3 months. I don't intend to do polishing. Went to Pete's to enquire about their package. They have a package for interior and exterior detailing, it would cost Rs.7000\- and it would take 2 days according to them. They use smart wax products. Any comments/info about this treatment? The details are available here : http://www.petes.in/smartwax.html.

I really don't know what to say, believe Mahindra has given a free hand to dealers for quoting the accessories price list. Do see my earlier post with attached price list for the difference. Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2911428

OT : during my delivery, the SA told me that mahindra would send you a letter confirming the extended warranty which is 3yrs & Unlimited kms. I have seen only @SDP quoting the same. Just want to check with fellow XUV users/buyers.

Last edited by Vasuki : 27th September 2012 at 10:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks