Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:17   #3346

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Friends,
Am in the process of getting the accessories donw for my duster. Need your inputs / suggestions on the following:

1. My carwala is suggesting going for Augusta seat covers ( art leather) he is quoting 15k forthe same and 4 k for steering wheel leather

2. He is suggesting to go for components for fromt speakers and coaxial for rear. Pioneer work out about 6.5 for 2 pairs.

arethe above rates fair? Any feedback on augusta? Is pioneer good for duster ( not changing the oem HU)
Old 24th November 2013, 20:23   #3347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebu View Post
Friends,
Am in the process of getting the accessories donw for my duster. Need your inputs / suggestions on the following:

1. My carwala is suggesting going for Augusta seat covers ( art leather) he is quoting 15k forthe same and 4 k for steering wheel leather

2. He is suggesting to go for components for fromt speakers and coaxial for rear. Pioneer work out about 6.5 for 2 pairs.

arethe above rates fair? Any feedback on augusta?
If you go aftermarket, you can save quite a lot of money. Dealers will always have HEAVY margins on accessories. Please do search around a bit.

4K for a steering wheel leather is day light robbery!

Quote:
...Is pioneer good for duster ( not changing the oem HU)
Are you talking about speakers? All brands have different sound signatures - please listen to Pioneer, JBL , Polk etc and take a call. Please avoid Xplod at any cost.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th November 2013 at 20:26.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:26   #3348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
4K for a steering wheel leather is day light robbery!
+1. At 4-5K one can get Karlsson class steering leather covers instead of Art Leather. Ceebu, please do check other options.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:40   #3349

Thanks ! Really helps.. any inputs on augusta? Didnt find any results when I searched.. I used autoform on my i20 and was happy with it, but this guy swears by augusta..
Old 24th November 2013, 21:14   #3350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks ! Really helps.. any inputs on augusta? Didnt find any results when I searched.. I used autoform on my i20 and was happy with it, but this guy swears by augusta..
No idea on that. I have Karlsson for the whole. That was almost an year ago. But I still dont repent that I paid the extra cash. The fabric seats that I had did not have enough bolster, which this leather kind of provides to quite an extent. On the whole quite happy.
Old 24th November 2013, 22:06   #3351
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my 110 RxZ(O) yesterday. Had to upgrade from RxZ due to non-availability of Silver in RxZ!

Guess I'm satisfied considering I have the vehicle with me albeit without license plates requiring one more trip to the dealer.

Where can I get good quality foot mats in Bangalore? I did not take that from the dealer because I wanted good quality ones, not the fabric ones from the dealer.
Kartik Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 22:56   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Finally took delivery of my 110 RxZ(O) yesterday. Had to upgrade from RxZ due to non-availability of Silver in RxZ!

Guess I'm satisfied considering I have the vehicle with me albeit without license plates requiring one more trip to the dealer.

Where can I get good quality foot mats in Bangalore? I did not take that from the dealer because I wanted good quality ones, not the fabric ones from the dealer.
Congratulations on your ride. Finally the wait is over

Get paint sealant treatment for better protection.

For floor mats, I'll recommend to go for the noddle mat (black). Buy a roll and cut them to shape.

Last edited by HillMan : 24th November 2013 at 22:59.
Old 24th November 2013, 23:17   #3353
BHPian

Friends, I do not login on this site often. Except for that I just live day in and out on Team-BHP.
For the last few days we have been thinking of replacing our 6 year old SX4zxi petrol. During this period we have driven the car for just approx 45000 odd kms. After looking at just about every option in the market we have shortlisted Duster as the new possible purchase. I just wanted to share the deal that I am being offered in Delhi.

The RXL 85 diesel is priced at 1117000 OTR that includes 5500 worth of accessories(footmats/mudflaps/ etc), zero dep insurance and 2 years extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year.

The dealer is giving us a discount of approx 50-52k and I am getting the car for an on the road price of 1065000.

Except for that we have shortlisted some of the accessories that we plan to install directly from the dealer.

These are :-
Front and Rear Bull Guard - 18000 Rs
Both Side Steps - 14500 Rs
Chrome Kit - 3000 Rs
Graphix(Duster) on both sides - 2500
Door Visor - 1200
Side View Mirror Blinkers - 3000
Reverse Parking Sensors - 6000
Rear View Camera - 5000

Additionally the dealer has agreed to give a discount of 15 percent on the above accessory list.

I had absolutely no plan to install any of the above accessories till I saw one of the cars ready for delivery yesterday in white color. With all these accessories installed the car was looking much much better than the plain jane model.

Friends, please let me know if the above deal looks good to you ?
Is there a possibility of any further discounts on the car and also the accessories ?

For now I am playing the wait and watch game as to If a better deal can be grabbed.

Please do share your thoughts. Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 10:20   #3354
BHPian

I would say get everything except the Bullguards and sidesteps from the dealer.
Do your homework and check out the local auto market- You should be able to get in done in half the budget.
Old 25th November 2013, 11:36   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Congratulations on your ride. Finally the wait is over

Get paint sealant treatment for better protection.

For floor mats, I'll recommend to go for the noddle mat (black). Buy a roll and cut them to shape.
Thanks, yet the long wait is over. I already got the pain sealant treatment done as I feel that the Duster's paintwork needs more protection than should be normal. Already the aerial hitting against the roof scratches the roof a little bit
Old 25th November 2013, 11:45   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post

Except for that we have shortlisted some of the accessories that we plan to install directly from the dealer.

These are :-
Front and Rear Bull Guard - 18000 Rs
Both Side Steps - 14500 Rs
Chrome Kit - 3000 Rs
Graphix(Duster) on both sides - 2500
Door Visor - 1200
Side View Mirror Blinkers - 3000
Reverse Parking Sensors - 6000
Rear View Camera - 5000
I too got a discount of 52K on my 85 RXL (O) when I got it this month.

For the accessories, I think everything is overpriced, as is the case usually with the dealers.

- While it is not advisable to get bull bars, still my dealer offered 14K for both, front and rear. You can easily get them outside as well for 9-10K (both).

- Side steps were offered for 11.5K by my dealer, and even they'll be much cheaper outside.

- Getting the reverse sensors + camera from the dealer is advisable, as it involves playing with the wires, which if done from outside, may cause warranty issues. Still, my dealer had a pack worth 9K which had both the sensors and the camera.

- Chrome kit for 3K is daylight robbery. I got it outside for 1200.
Abh1nav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 14:02   #3357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Is the chrome kit worth it? I mean the quality or does it feel very plastic?

Does it have the chrome door handles for the inside as well?
Old 25th November 2013, 17:12   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post

Same questions that HillMan asked, plus - Can you post some pics of the chrome kit on your Duster?

Thanks!
Old 25th November 2013, 20:14   #3359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Is the chrome kit worth it? I mean the quality or does it feel very plastic? Does it have the chrome door handles for the inside as well?
I really like the chrome kit, and in my opinion, the handles look much more premium with them. They also feel better. You can get the chrome kit for just the handles as well, and skip the tail lights/fog lamps. That is available for 600-800 I guess.

There are no chrome door handles for the inside though.

One of the forum members has reported rusting on the chrome kit after a while, but the shop owner from where I got the kit said that nobody has reported such a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Same questions that HillMan asked, plus - Can you post some pics of the chrome kit on your Duster? Thanks!
I'll surely put up the pictures but only after a couple of days as my dad took the car today.
Abh1nav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 22:22   #3360
BHPian

Hi, is anyone among us using 235/60-16 or 235/55-17 All Terrain tyres in duster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks