Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2014, 06:37   #4111
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Is the 5k charged for all the four doors? Is the boot door included?
Cost for all four doors will be 10000 Rs. You might get some discount on this. Boot not included.
2500 to 3000 Rs for single door .
Old 30th June 2014, 17:16   #4112
BHPian

Is anyone aware of the latest version of the map available. I recently checked in my car to find out that in my 2013 Aug model, the BASE MAP was 2009.09 version and PLACE was 2011.Q2 version. I got it updated to the 2012 version from the service station today and they said 2012 was the latest available with them. The old version was showing mistakes in distance to the destination and and many wrong turns to the destination. Could somebody throw some light on this.
Old 30th June 2014, 17:59   #4113
Senior - BHPian

Was driving in the rain yesterday (It was pouring on the Madras-Bangalore route). There is a fairly significant flaw - when you go thru stagnant water, a lot of the water ends up on your own windshield!

Checked the car this morning, the front bumper does not cover the wheels fully, in the interest of aesthetics. That is most likely the reason for it.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 18:25   #4114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Checked the car this morning, the front bumper does not cover the wheels fully, in the interest of aesthetics. That is most likely the reason for it.
Thats a known design flaw. Have experienced it many a times. Hence have learnt to slow down upon seeing big puddles. Any way I reduce speed when driving in rains.
Old 30th June 2014, 18:56   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any way I reduce speed when driving in rains.

Yes, very much required to slow down specially around puddles and stagnant water. Our large tires splash a lot of water around, which can cause inconvenience to bystanders and vehicles around us. I feel guilty if I splash on people even by mistake.

Specially the drains and muddy waters, the splash will end up on the rear arch and might rub off on the passengers during ingress & egress.
Old 30th June 2014, 23:54   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Is anyone aware of the latest version of the map available. I recently checked in my car to find out that in my 2013 Aug model, the BASE MAP was 2009.09 version and PLACE was 2011.Q2 version. I got it updated to the 2012 version from the service station today and they said 2012 was the latest available with them...
You can easily check and update it yourself at home using the PC software 'Renault MediaNav toolbox' and a USB pen drive. If I remember correctly, the latest India map is 2013 Q4.
Old 1st July 2014, 09:44   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
You can easily check and update it yourself at home using the PC software 'Renault MediaNav toolbox' and a USB pen drive. If I remember correctly, the latest India map is 2013 Q4.
Have you done this?
Please share the link from where you downloaded the update. Last time I tried to get an update, the page was asking me to pay.
Old 1st July 2014, 10:54   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Yes, very much required to slow down specially around puddles and stagnant water. Our large tires splash a lot of water around, which can cause inconvenience to bystanders and vehicles around us. I feel guilty if I splash on people even by mistake.

Specially the drains and muddy waters, the splash will end up on the rear arch and might rub off on the passengers during ingress & egress.
YES. I have heard that customising mud flaps (starting with large flaps meant for trucks) and fitting them particularly for the front wheels will minimise the body splash. Has anyone tried? Does anyone know a place which will do this kind of odd job? Cheers
Old 1st July 2014, 13:30   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Have you done this?
Please share the link from where you downloaded the update. Last time I tried to get an update, the page was asking me to pay.
Of-course, that was the very first thing I did after I brought home my vehicle. IIRC all you need is an account at Renault MediaNav portal, the PC software 'Renault MediaNav toolbox' and a USB pen drive.

The India map and updates are free for vehicles that are sold in India Updates can be downloaded from the PC software itself.

Renault Duster : Official Review-medianav.jpg
xjosephjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:41   #4120
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a news in TOI that Renault has increased price of Duster, Scala and Pulse. There is no mention on the amount though.
Article link.
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:41   #4121
Senior - BHPian

Duster prices to increase by 1%, due to raise in input costs.

Related Article.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/renault-in...from=home-auto
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:39   #4122
BHPian

Thanks @ xjosephjacob,

Got the map updated to 2013 Q4. Your info really helped.
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:17   #4123
BHPian

Could somebody confirm if EBD is available in the 85 RXl O model. Mine is Aug 2013 mode and I was told by the SA that the vehicle has EBD. Though the dash console has EBD sign in it (which I persume it is & can be seen in the background), it does not light up unlike the other signs like ABS, airbaga etc. Does that mean since it does not light up on switching on the ignition this feature is not available in my vehicle? Pl advise and thanks in advance...
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:54   #4124
BHPian

Hi guys, excellent thread.

I bought my Duster 110 PS in December 2012 basically after being convinced by this review & the outstanding ownership threads.

Its been a great drive for past 1 & 1/2 years. My use is basically for highways & Duster has delivered.

I have faced only one problem in my car to-date & wanted to share it here.

In January of this year I visited Pondicherry with my wife and 5 yrs old son. Drove from Rajahmundry (presently posted) to Chennai, next day reached Pondicherry. Spent some great 4 days there, and started back from Pondicherry via the beautiful East Coast Road, planning to spend the night at Vijayawada. About half way between Pondicherry & Chennai, I heard a sudden click sound from my Duster's engine & the electrical fault warning light (the one above the engine immobiliser light) came on. The car also lost acceleration and engine sound increased dramatically. I immediately called the Renault helpline, who inquired whether I can make it to Chennai or would require road-side assistance. As the car was moving and I didn't want to be stranded in middle of nowhere waiting for assistance, I intimated that I'll try to reach Chennai & would call back in case things took a turn for worse.

Renault assistance guided me to Renault OMR service station in Chennai. In order to ask for directions, I switched off the engine once I got somewhere near the Service Station and when I switched it on, surprise! the warning light went off & acceleration, engine noise returned to normal. Anyway, I checked in at Renault OMR service station, met the service manager & told him the problem. He said it may have been some dirt, etc. in the diesel which was choking the fuel lines and once I switched off the car the lines might have cleared. As I was planning to reach Vijayawada by night I asked him to do a thorough check-up. He opened a general service/check-up card and took my car for almost 3-4 hours, & booked me some Rs 300-400 for labour charges. I got the car back by around 2-3 PM with all-clear and started for Vijayawada.

After crossing TN-AP border, we stopped at a Petrol Station with CCD for fuel & coffee. But within minutes of driving off, the warning light along with loss of acceleration & engine noise again came on! After a while, the check engine light also came on . Again called Renault assistance, who informed that road-side assistance can be dispatched from Tirupati. But after discussing with my better half and taking a risk, we decided to try to reach Vijayawada. Reached Vijayawada late at night & crashed in a hotel.

Next day went to Renault Vijayawada & met the GM, Mr Satish, he was extremely helpful and asked me to leave the vehicle for couple of hours. Finally the fault was traced to malfunctioning fuel injector. Since, it was not readily available he offered to replace it from one of the service station cars & place order for a new one with Renault. I agreed & drove home. He was good on his word and called me back after about 2 weeks with information that Renault has supplied a fresh piece, which he replaced for the service station piece in my car. Everything done in warranty & no charges.

The car has been running well since then & I have added some 3000 kms more to the odometer. I am attaching pics of the dashboard that I took at that time.

Although at the time the experience was bad, but otherwise its been a great car and I still wouldn't trade in my Duster for anything
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20140117-17.45.44.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140117-18.21.06.jpg  

penpusher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:12   #4125
BHPian

After a long gap I did some more extra mods on my Duster. This time it is the DRL lighting. Cost me 6k to get this done. The long light is the DRL Neon tube as in Audi DRL type and other one is the round type.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-drl-3.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-drl-5.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-drl-1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-drl-4.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-drl-2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-drl-6.jpg  

jaisha8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks