Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:56   #2776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

I feel TML has gone bonkers

I am in discussions with the GGN dealer on Storme VX and they seem least interested in selling the vehicle. Moreover, when everyone is adding features to their vehicles, TML has stripped the Storme to bare bones even in the top end version.

The VX simply cannot justify a 1.5L premium over the EX anymore.

I want Airbags in my car but just dont see the rationale of the VX.

TML has created a royal mess with the Storme now.
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:05   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

I am in discussions with the GGN dealer on Storme VX and they seem least interested in selling the vehicle. Moreover, when everyone is adding features to their vehicles, TML has stripped the Storme to bare bones even in the top end version.

Hi Himanshu

If you need i can give you the contact number of the person from Concorde. They are based in South Delhi and have a direct sales team, very responsive. I had a good experience buying my vehicle from them. Let me know if you would like to have it.
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:35   #2778
BHPian

Hi,
1) It can fit in the rear passenger leg space in the Safari but then effectively no one can sit there. In the boot no problem
2) It takes about 30 mins or so but again depends how often one keeps opening before it reaches that temp
3) Build quality is very good but I cannot comment as compared to others as I have not seen the others

Anosh.F.Dhondy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Seems a good product from Godrej offering double the capacity (as compared to Tropicool 18 L model) at half the price! I hope it will fulfill my needs. By the way,
1) Does it fit in the rear passenger leg space (in Safari) or need to be carried in the boot?
2) How long does it take to cool the stuff to 22 °C below ambient?
3) Is build quality at par with its competitors?
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:46   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Hi Himanshu

If you need i can give you the contact number of the person from Concorde. They are based in South Delhi and have a direct sales team, very responsive. I had a good experience buying my vehicle from them. Let me know if you would like to have it.
thanks jasmeet, please PM me his number
Old 3rd June 2014, 13:44   #2780
BHPian

Quote:

That says why there was a 24% YoY decline in TML sales. I am now seriously giving thoughts about buying the Storme. The lacklustre attitude of TML is putting me off. However, there is no worthy competitor at this price
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:34   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Guys
there was this launch of Safari Soul website. I just went in there and registered now. Does anything happen in this forum ? any drives/activities that TML plans ?
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:19   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
there was this launch of Safari Soul website. I just went in there and registered now. Does anything happen in this forum ? any drives/activities that TML plans ?

Well I registered about 2 months back and have not heard anything from them yet!!
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:53   #2783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Well I registered about 2 months back and have not heard anything from them yet!!
Same here. Immediately as soon as they launched it in fact. No revert. Nothing happening at all.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:07   #2784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Same here. Immediately as soon as they launched it in fact. No revert. Nothing happening at all.
Isn't this a total waste of marketing effort for their flagship model ? Now let us now say " TML is so busy with Zest and Bolt that they don't have time for the Storme " -- I really wish we can have the Storme brand manager on this forum for an honest chat on what they plan to do with this vehicle/segment/brand
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:03   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Hi Himanshu

I also had a poor experience with Dhingra (GGN) and bought it from South Ex Concorde. Please go thru concorde.

But no music system is crazy - and it is all TML.
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:00   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I also had a poor experience with Dhingra (GGN) and bought it from South Ex Concorde. Please go thru concorde.

But no music system is crazy - and it is all TML.

Hi Chinkara

Could you pls share the final deal you got?

I will check out the Delhi dealers over the weekend
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:49   #2787
BHPian

Finally Finally after 5 months of deliberations ever since I came back to India and 5 months of drooling over the beast on TBHP prior to my coming back, I have booked my Storme today.

Was in the same dilemma of Lx vs EX, eventually a premium of 140,000 on road for the Ex wasnt justified in my opinion.

Was in touch with Aristo Motors (Gurgaon) and Concorde (South Ex). Eventually went with Aristo as the SA their kind of followed up and dealt with me far far better than the Concorde SA.
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:51   #2788
BHPian

Quote:

I agree with Jasmeet Mattoo. Just go to Concorde in South Ex. That's where I got mine. The sales guy who helped me with my purchase was Arun Dhyani. Very helpful chap. Give my ref if you meet him. His number is +918588860324.
Old 3rd June 2014, 23:18   #2789
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Finally Finally after 5 months of deliberations ever since I came back to India and 5 months of drooling over the beast on TBHP prior to my coming back, I have booked my Storme today.

Was in the same dilemma of Lx vs EX, eventually a premium of 140,000 on road for the Ex wasnt justified in my opinion.

Was in touch with Aristo Motors (Gurgaon) and Concorde (South Ex). Eventually went with Aristo as the SA their kind of followed up and dealt with me far far better than the Concorde SA.

Congratulations Gaurav. Awesome news and evidently the Storme community is definitely on the rise.
Old 4th June 2014, 07:21   #2790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Congrats, Gaurav ! Wishing you a long happy ownership of the Storme. And welcome to the club

Quote:
garyag79 : Eventually went with Aristo as the SA their kind of followed up and dealt with me far far better than the Concorde SA. himanshugoswami : I am in discussions with the GGN dealer on Storme VX and they seem least interested in selling the vehicle.
simple things that can make a difference, rather than wait for the customer to come back.

Quote:
garyag79 : Was in the same dilemma of Lx vs EX, eventually a premium of 140,000 on road for the Ex wasnt justified in my opinion.
himanshugoswami : I feel TML has gone boners. ... Moreover, when everyone is adding features to their vehicles, TML has stripped the Storme to bare bones even in the top end version.

I myself wanted Airbags, but no leather. Or I would have taken an EX with 4x4.

It is always going to be a challenge to meet everyone's expectations / requirements, unless they are able to introduce option packs and then flawlessly manufacture / customise according to the option packs ordered. If they can do that, then their production process can be truly called as having matured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks