Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2014, 13:44   #2761
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That is not correct.

Gold 40,000 kms and 4 (not 5) years costs Rs. 19,895/-.

Extended Warranty costs 7,500/- and needs to be bought separately.

These are Tata Value Service rates, and dealers cannot charge different on their own. Please confirm.
My Bad i guess. As i already mentioned i find it very confusing! Also since i was in great hurry after the service, i had to leave the workshop ASAP.

The Concorde Guys will visit my place to give detailed break up on AMC and extended warranty this saturday. I will post here the complete details once i myself get out of confusion
Old 28th May 2014, 22:08   #2762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Stormed, please throw some more light on the issue by identifying model number of your Tropicool. Even though I don't expect ice formation, the model claiming -5 deg cooling (12 ad) should chill the bottle pretty soon. (Won't mind pre-cooling the fridge through 220v outlet either, as my purpose is to store snacks/food items). Further perhaps better cooling can be achieved if 12 V suppy could be extended to it directly from battery, with a separate switch.
Looking at all the refrigerator posts, I have a suggestion. Its simple; just stop at the nearest cold drink shop on the way. Not only will you get a chilled drink, you will have choice, a break from the drive and some time to take in the scenery. This works best for me so far! :-)
sasi405 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 11:39   #2763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Looking at all the refrigerator posts, I have a suggestion. Its simple; just stop at the nearest cold drink shop on the way. Not only will you get a chilled drink, you will have choice, a break from the drive and some time to take in the scenery. This works best for me so far! :-)
Semiconductor based cooling(as opposed to refrigerant based cooling) will never give you a chilled drink when ambient temps are hovering in the 40s. Expect about 20 degree over ambient cooling.
A better solution could be to use a insulated cooler, and fill it with ice before your trip. In most cities, ice can be had cheaply and it lasts for an entire day without issues.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 12:19   #2764
Senior - BHPian

I have a car refrigerator purchased from Chroma and is with Chroma brand , was approx 5K rupees some 3 years back, the SOP I use is to pre-cool the cold-drinks, water bottles in home refrigerator before travel and then they remain cool for up to 24-36 hours best is to let Ice crystals form in the liquid. Even if you put a fresh bottle / tetra pack in this mix it gets chilled in about 20 minutes of time.

The fridge has both AC and DC connectivity so whenever we stop for night halt we plug it into AC mains in the hotel room.

Last edited by amitk26 : 29th May 2014 at 12:21.
Old 29th May 2014, 12:51   #2765
BHPian

Will book my beast this weekend, however got another dampener, Tata is not offering even speakers in all the three variants. Wonder what are they smoking.

Need advice on the following:

1) Planning to upgrade to alloys only while taking delivery. Should I go for the standard Tata ones being offered in the VX, the dealer is quoting INR 27.5k for set of 4

2) Regarding ICE, the dealer said the single DIN Alpine unit is not longer being sold and Tata is offering the 2 Din unit only along with set of 6 speakers for INR 21k

3) Front bull bar

Should I opt for the above 3 from the dealer or go for after market fitments?

Thanks.

Last edited by garyag79 : 29th May 2014 at 12:55. Reason: Additional queries posted
Old 29th May 2014, 13:01   #2766
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Will book my beast this weekend, however got another dampener, Tata is not offering even speakers in all the three variants. Wonder what are they smoking.
The stock speakers were any way crap. So it doesnt really matter that they are not giving it now.

The OE was still fine, I guess. I am continuing with the stock 1-DIN unit.

Reg bull-bar : did you mean nudge-guard or crash guard ?
Do you need one ?
Old 29th May 2014, 18:06   #2767

Quote:
2) Regarding ICE, the dealer said the single DIN Alpine unit is not longer being sold and Tata is offering the 2 Din unit only along with set of 6 speakers for INR 21k
Is it a Blaupunkt 2 din touch screen system that comes with the explorer edition kit? Then I believe only 1 set of speakers will be provided with it. Another question is where other 2 speakers are going to be fitted?
Old 30th May 2014, 10:04   #2768
BHPian

@condor: I meant the nudge guard

@priyanknauni: it is the Blaupunkt system
Old 30th May 2014, 10:12   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That is not correct.

Gold 40,000 kms and 4 (not 5) years costs Rs. 19,895/-.

Extended Warranty costs 7,500/- and needs to be bought separately.

These are Tata Value Service rates, and dealers cannot charge different on their own. Please confirm.
Gold AMC as per yesterday rate list was for 4 years and is being offered at 23k. Strangely though, the Concorde showroom is offering the same for 38k for 5 years. The concorde SA sent me an excel whereas the other dealer had a proper printed rate card on Tata's letter head.

In the quote presented to me, the EX registration amount for my state is shown as 92k by one dealer and Concorde quotes 100K.

Last edited by garyag79 : 30th May 2014 at 10:18. Reason: Correction in figures
Old 30th May 2014, 11:45   #2770
BHPian

Quote:

Need advice on the following:

1) Planning to upgrade to alloys only while taking delivery. Should I go for the standard Tata ones being offered in the VX, the dealer is quoting INR 27.5k for set of 4

3) Front bull bar

Should I opt for the above 3 from the dealer or go for after market fitments?

Thanks.
Reg ICE, don't worry for OE speakers as these were of medium quality only. The 2-DIN Blaupunct unit was previously also being sold at 21 k (without speakers), so I don't think TATA is charging for speakers if youre getting the setup in 21k. To me, Alpine's sound quality (as well as build quality) appeared slightly better than Blaupunct so I didn't buy the 2-din unit. Only thing I really miss in Alpine is A2DP.

AFAIK TATA only provides plastic front nudge guard at a hefty price (16k), so searching aftermarket is advisable if you need one.

4 Alloys for 27.5 k aren't bad, and you can consider buying 5 so that you can rotate the wheels easily in future. But first be sure that you need them. Steel wheels of LX and EX are pretty good-looking too.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 10:08   #2771
BHPian

The Storme came home last weekend. Done about 600 Km since.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-photo-2.jpg
Overall buying experience was good. I did a PDI at April end, about 18 days after booking. After that, the delivery got delayed mainly because of me - delays in making the payment, not being here to take the delivery etc.

The good:
Ergonomics
View while driving
Headlamps

The bad:
Noisier Engine than the TD vehicle
Some poor welds, plastic joints etc.
See the plastic joint - very untidy looking
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-photo-3.jpg

See the weld - during PDI I was shocked and thought this was a defect. Then I looked into all the vehicles in the yard and they all had this. Definitely not professional, OEM quality.Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-photo-4.jpg

Overall, however, quite happy with the vehicle.
Maneuverability is not as big an issue as I expected. Brakes are good. Very stable at speeds - you don't realize when you have hit 100.
chinkara is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 10:21   #2772
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Congrats on the purchase Chinkara. Wish you many happy miles together.
By the way, the storme community in t-bhp has really grown. Good to see so many of us enjoying the product.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:16   #2773
BHPian

Hello,
I have recently bought a Godrej Chotukool fridge for my MM 540 and Safari. And when not on the move I use it at my site office. I am honestly very ahppy with the performance . It is a 40 lit capacity fridge. It maintains a 20 to 22 deg C temp difference between ambinent outside temp and temp inside the fridge( the company says it should do 28 Deg C but I have personally measured and so far not gone beyond 22 Deg C temp diff which I feel to be more than sufficient. It is light and easy to carry not to big or too small. It has a small sliding tray on top below the lid for smaller items and the bigger storage area below. I paid Rs 5800/- odd with taxes and delivery complete. You can order it online or through the post office. Try it if you want I am very happy with the product. the website is www.chotukool.com

Hope it helps

Anosh.F.Dhondy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
I want to fit a good fridge in my Storme, which could be used to store food items (rather than drinks) for kids over medium to long periods. The Waeco model (being sold by TATA) appears too small on inside given its exterior dimensions.
Through online search I've shortlisted Tropicool 12 AD (cools to -5 °C) & 18 AD (cools to 5 °C) models, but haven't seen any of them in flesh. Has anybody on this forum used them or any other brand?
Suggestions are requested regarding reliability, usability and best place to keep one inside the Storme. (And whether I should buy one at all )
anoshdhondy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 08:55   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Congrats on the purchase Chinkara. Wish you many happy miles together.
By the way, the storme community in t-bhp has really grown. Good to see so many of us enjoying the product.
I would say that the Storme community here in TBhp and the community at large outside TBhp has grown. When I got the truck in Jan, I would hardly see 1 or 2 others on the road over 4-5 days. These days, I see at least 1 a day regularly (other than my own, of course ).

Last edited by sasi405 : 3rd June 2014 at 08:56.
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:11   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoshdhondy View Post
Hello,
I have recently bought a Godrej Chotukool fridge for my MM 540 and Safari. And when not on the move I use it at my site office. I am honestly very ahppy with the performance . It is a 40 lit capacity fridge. It maintains a 20 to 22 deg C temp difference between ambinent outside temp and temp inside the fridge( the company says it should do 28 Deg C but I have personally measured and so far not gone beyond 22 Deg C temp diff which I feel to be more than sufficient. It is light and easy to carry not to big or too small. It has a small sliding tray on top below the lid for smaller items and the bigger storage area below. I paid Rs 5800/- odd with taxes and delivery complete. You can order it online or through the post office. Try it if you want I am very happy with the product. the website is www.chotukool.com
Anosh.F.Dhondy
Seems a good product from Godrej offering double the capacity (as compared to Tropicool 18 L model) at half the price! I hope it will fulfill my needs. By the way,
1) Does it fit in the rear passenger leg space (in Safari) or need to be carried in the boot?
2) How long does it take to cool the stuff to 22 °C below ambient?
3) Is build quality at par with its competitors?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks