Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 10:49   #4261
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

That moment when you close friend and a walking talking advert of Ecosport and Tata basher drives your Storme and says "Why did I buy Ecosport :-("

This post may not be relevant here, but after 1.5 years of ownership if someone who sits in your Storme for the first time, is appreciative about everything and gives a high five to TATA, you cant hide your smile and have to share the moment with fellow Storme owners.
garyag79 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 13:02   #4262
BHPian

My Storme just completed 1 year of satisfied ownership with 19000+ kms on the odo. Now lately I am noticing that the car is acting a bit jittery on the highways (my daily run includes 50kms on the highways). I tried wheel alignment & balancing and multiple times tyre pressure monitoring. None helped.

Any suggestions as to how I can solve this? Will changing the Shock Absorbers lead to an improvement?
Old 12th November 2015, 13:22   #4263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
My Storme just completed 1 year of satisfied ownership with 19000+ kms on the odo. Now lately I am noticing that the car is acting a bit jittery on the highways (my daily run includes 50kms on the highways). I tried wheel alignment & balancing and multiple times tyre pressure monitoring. None helped.

Any suggestions as to how I can solve this? Will changing the Shock Absorbers lead to an improvement?
The culprit here could be the Center link which may need replacement. This was replaced in my Safari after a lot of wobbling and nothing helped the problem. Only an expert mechanic could identify that the center link needs to be replaced and 4 years one........ still never ever the problem has resurfaced. Hope this helps !!
power ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 13:28   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
The culprit here could be the Center link which may need replacement. This was replaced in my Safari after a lot of wobbling and nothing helped the problem. Only an expert mechanic could identify that the center link needs to be replaced and 4 years one........ still never ever the problem has resurfaced. Hope this helps !!
Thank You. I am taking the Strome for a checkup on saturday. Will get it checked up.
Old 15th November 2015, 12:11   #4265
BHPian

Got the Storme checked up yesterday, replaced the rear coil springs under warranty. Changed the ride quality quite a bit. Will need some more highway driving to determine the improvement.
Old 15th November 2015, 20:34   #4266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
That moment when you close friend and a walking talking advert of Ecosport and Tata basher drives your Storme and says "Why did I buy Ecosport :-("
This post may not be relevant here, but after 1.5 years of ownership if someone who sits in your Storme for the first time, is appreciative about everything and gives a high five to TATA, you cant hide your smile and have to share the moment with fellow Storme owners.
I concur - at least with the Safaris I have owned. (original and Dicor)

Now looking to buy a new 4 x 2 Storme and hope that a (new) driver will take care of it...

The other reasons are that they are *tough* vehicles - you should see the other cars that have hit me, while our Safaris receive only minor glancing scrapes/dents.
Old 15th November 2015, 20:45   #4267
BHPian

2006 Tata Safari Dicor 4x4 - Info on Transmission/Differential Additives Needed

Hi All,

Was wondering if any of you know if Tata requires additives for the transmissions/differentials of 2006 Safari Dicor 4x4?

I had my manual stolen somewhere - which is why I cannot refer to the manual.

Maybe someone has a soft copy of it?

I now give my car to the Concorde guys at Worli - who are decent if they are completely supervised, but they are stating that there aren't any gear oil additives.

In the US, my police-equipped Chevy used to have a limited-slip differential that required a special additive, which I used to diligently change. (Before moving back to India, I had to let it go - after she had served me for over 10 years and traveled at least 550,000 miles!)
Old 20th November 2015, 12:31   #4268
BHPian

Has anyone here replaced the rear suspension bush set for a complaint related to the vehicle lunging forward and backward while pressing and releasing the accelerator in normal driving conditions?
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:39   #4269
BHPian

Re: 2006 Tata Safari Dicor 4x4 - Info on Transmission/Differential Additives Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Hi All,

Was wondering if any of you know if Tata requires additives for the transmissions/differentials of 2006 Safari Dicor 4x4?

I had my manual stolen somewhere - which is why I cannot refer to the manual.

Maybe someone has a soft copy of it?

I now give my car to the Concorde guys at Worli - who are decent if they are completely supervised, but they are stating that there aren't any gear oil additives.

In the US, my police-equipped Chevy used to have a limited-slip differential that required a special additive, which I used to diligently change. (Before moving back to India, I had to let it go - after she had served me for over 10 years and traveled at least 550,000 miles!)
In my Storme, I need to change front diff, rear diff and transfercase oil at prescribed intervals. I don't think it needs an additive. It is the same Brog Warner unit of the Dicor and therefore, I think, should be the same for your bull too.

You can download the soft copy of owners manual from the support site of Tata Motors. Linke below.

https://service.tatamotors.com/?q=co...-manual#Safari
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:36   #4270
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

For 4x4 vehicle with rear LSD, generally there is an additive added to reduce wear and tear of the rear LSD.
Old 29th November 2015, 04:41   #4271
BHPian

Re: 2006 Tata Safari Dicor 4x4 - Info on Transmission/Differential Additives Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
In my Storme, I need to change front diff, rear diff and transfercase oil at prescribed intervals. I don't think it needs an additive. It is the same Brog Warner unit of the Dicor and therefore, I think, should be the same for your bull too.
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
You can download the soft copy of owners manual from the support site of Tata Motors. Linke below.

https://service.tatamotors.com/?q=co...-manual#Safari
Unfortunately, the Dicor version is not available there to download. :(
Old 1st December 2015, 13:53   #4272
BHPian

My Storme just completed 20000 kms in approx. 1 year and 1 month of ownership. It has been an absolute pleasure to own this beast and there have been (touch wood) no niggles barring the tail gate noise which has been duly attended by the technicians on every visit to TASS.

One more small niggle that has recently come up is the noise when auto folding the ORVM mirrors. When I got the beast checked up after returning from the drive of 2500+ kms, they cleaned it and put some kind of spray into it to reduce the noise.

They also mentioned that due to the dirt, the motor underneath the mirrors were making that noise. I am thinking that if that is the case, then the noise would come back sooner or later.

How about getting the mirrors replaced under warranty? Any other suggestions to resolve this? Please help!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_0120-2.jpg  

Old 1st December 2015, 13:56   #4273
BHPian

@ iabhishekKumar -
If i am looking correct, you took a photo of the gauges when driving at 100 KMPH ? You have to be brave to do it.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 13:18   #4274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
@ iabhishekKumar -
If i am looking correct, you took a photo of the gauges when driving at 100 KMPH ? You have to be brave to do it.
I completely agree with your comment but it was rather a quick 2 second affair and I was on an empty stretch at Yamuna Expressway. Took a look at the back through rear view mirror and at the front before attempting the picture.

I would be more careful in future. Thanks for reminding me about the same.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 13:12   #4275
Senior - BHPian

@Mods. Sorry for going OT on this. Please move the post to appropriate thread.

I am planning to get a pre worshipped Safari Dicor either 3.0L (Preferably 4X4) or the 2.2vtt. Most of the 2007-2009 trucks I have seen have done close to 1 lakh kms. So assuming all periodic services have been done properly and the car was not abused, will it be safe to take the plunge? My usage will be very minimal in city and the truck will be used exclusively for interstate runs with family. And a quick enquiry with SVC suggests both 3.0 and 2.2's parts are still available without much delay.

And as a disclaimer, I am not much into cars, in a way suck at driving and am perfectly okay with TATA brand. I am fed up of scraping and bumping my Vista's underbody on Bangalore's Lunar landscape and want something with a higher GC. And I am not a speed freak (While driving of course!) and that is how I arrived at the Safari, which is the only truck I can afford right now. Please pour in your suggestions regarding the Safari query and alternatives I have. And no, Please don't suggest EcoSport. Not my cup of tea.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 18th December 2015 at 13:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks