Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 18:34   #4231

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

I faced a peculiar problem last night, while commuting back from work. Total distance is 10kms. I had to stop the truck to pick groceries, store was some 900mts from home. For the first 500mts everything was as usual, but as I approach my last leg of 400mts, I noticed that there was no pick up even with pedal to metal and there was unusual sound (can't describe) from the engine compartment.

My initial thoughts were of the clutch being the culprit and might have gone kaput, because, every time I press the clutch I could hear the growling noise. Decided to take the truck to service center this morning and to my surprise there were no issues with pick up nor the unusual sound could be heard. Did my truck went on to self-diagnose mode over night or is my truck an autobot.
Sarathmedepally is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 20:31   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Thanks, but then it has worked both times and I was on tank full.
It doesn't matter whether the tank is full or not. This pump is to clear off the air-lock in the pipe as far as I know.
Old 14th August 2015, 10:27   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarathmedepally View Post
I faced a peculiar problem last night, while commuting back from work. Total distance is 10kms. I had to stop the truck to pick groceries, store was some 900mts from home. For the first 500mts everything was as usual, but as I approach my last leg of 400mts, I noticed that there was no pick up even with pedal to metal and there was unusual sound (can't describe) from the engine compartment.

My initial thoughts were of the clutch being the culprit and might have gone kaput, because, every time I press the clutch I could hear the growling noise. Decided to take the truck to service center this morning and to my surprise there were no issues with pick up nor the unusual sound could be heard. Did my truck went on to self-diagnose mode over night or is my truck an autobot.

Did the check engine light come on when this was happening? If the vehicle was in limp mode, the check engine light should have come on!

Mabe you should have it checked for a leak in the turbo hose. Did you notice if the engine RPM was increasing or was that also stuck? Cannot think what else it could be.
Old 14th August 2015, 18:41   #4234

Nope, the engine check light wasn't 'ON'.

Engine RPM was increasing but after 1100 RPM (2nd gear) there was this weird sound from the engine compartment and I didn't want to take any risks so I went easy with the accelerator. In neutral with the bonnet open, I wasn't able to hear those weird noises even when I tried to rev up to 3000 RPM.
Old 24th August 2015, 13:37   #4235
BHPian

Has anyone tried to get the new HK unit installed on their STORME at a dealer level? I am one of those unlucky few who didn't get a music system with the EX.
Old 24th August 2015, 18:44   #4236
BHPian

I have Nov 2012 Storme running strong at 65k kms. Can somebody tell if the Harman Kardon music system of the new 2015 Storme can be fitted in my Old Storme?

I asked the showroom guy in Dhingra Motors Gurgaon, he said it cannot be done as dashboard locks behind the stereo are different. But I am sure some modifications can be done to achieve this.
Old 24th August 2015, 22:50   #4237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navsangeet View Post
I asked the showroom guy in Dhingra Motors Gurgaon, he said it cannot be done as dashboard locks behind the stereo are different. But I am sure some modifications can be done to achieve this.
That is the problem with these SAs, mechanics nowadays. They don't know a thing and mislead customers which brings in bad name to the brand. I am no automobile engineer, but i am sure it can be done specially for a brand like Tata since they do not make frequent changes to the size/shape/design of the area where the new unit can be fitted in dashboard.
Old 25th August 2015, 07:59   #4238
BHPian

No reason why the new stereo (inset) cannot fit the old one or ones that are blank (in EX for example)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-safari.jpg  

Old 5th September 2015, 17:15   #4239
BHPian

I faced the same problem. Was your fuel level low (in red band)? In my case that was apparently the problem. (Still not fully convinced with the SA's explanation, but it did not recur.

Last edited by chinkara : 5th September 2015 at 17:17.
Old 6th September 2015, 09:16   #4240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navsangeet View Post
I have Nov 2012 Storme running strong at 65k kms. Can somebody tell if the Harman Kardon music system of the new 2015 Storme can be fitted in my Old Storme?

Could be fitted, considering the shape and size of the slot/opening is still the same. However will it be a factory fit (if possible) is a big question. IMO the Harman system is not worth the effort since its not a full on integrated unit unlike in the Zest or the Bolt. When you don't get the automatic climate control and maps etc, there is no point putting this in, rather place the older touchscreen system sold as a part of the explorer kit. You will be able to integrate a rear view camera, a map application and a video player into the same system, and it looks neater too.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 12:12   #4241
Senior - BHPian

Sharing this pic I took at a late night pit stop during a recent long drive. Brings out the clean lines of the Storme.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20150901_1934411.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th September 2015 at 14:43.
Old 6th September 2015, 22:43   #4242
BHPian

Completed a baby step of my Polar Bear! 10K kms in 9 months, my fastest 10K in any vehicle. I know it is not a lot, but with an infant that's the best i could enjoy the beast. No issues, rattles. Recently got the beast detailed. More here ->(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3788907)

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20150906_180438798.jpg
hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 23:26   #4243
BHPian

Happy to share that another milestone has been crossed.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-imag0307.jpg

Got the 75k kms service done. Clutch and release bearing replaced as clutch was getting hard and slotting in 1 & R was becoming a difficult task. After replacement, it is butter smooth and light. Here's the UFO from a recent birding trip.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0035.jpg
stormerider is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 09:39   #4244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Mods
request you to pls add this picture in my above post. Was not able to do it earlier from my phone.

thanks
I see that you have put the roof carrier on top of your car. As is the Storme is nearly 6.5/6.8 feet tall, and with the roof carrier it may peak about 7 feet tall, with that height are you able to safely enter underground parking lots especially in malls? I see that the roof of these parking lots are less than a feet away from my Storme's roof, especially those damn signage bars etc.
Old 9th September 2015, 09:45   #4245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Happy to share that another milestone has been crossed.
Attachment 1411311
Got the 75k kms service done. Clutch and release bearing replaced as clutch was getting hard and slotting in 1 & R was becoming a difficult task. After replacement, it is butter smooth and light. Here's the UFO from a recent birding trip.
Attachment 1411312
Needless to say you have quite a lot of experience to share with. How is the engine? any signs on aging of interiors (rattling).

Regarding the clutch replacement, Have they put the updated clutch in new Storme or just replaced with the similar one your Storme already had? I am asking this because the updated Storme has super light clutch which puts almost all the Petrol cars to shame.

How well do those Hella lights perform? Which model? I have 500ff on my car but they are mediocre.

Last edited by mercedised : 9th September 2015 at 09:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks