Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 15:52   #4081
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Its probably the angle of the photo and light reflection then in Photo #2.
Yes the right side of the lip in the pic is not white but probably reflecting the white from the wall

I am going to check the same in the evening though, you never know ....
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 15:58   #4082
BHPian

Congrats man and wish you many happy miles with the beast!

Eagerly waiting for your Ownership report
Old 27th May 2015, 21:08   #4083
BHPian

Congrats xbox360 and a warm welcome to the Storme family. Wish you many successful miles.
Old 27th May 2015, 21:31   #4084
Senior - BHPian

Safari Storme Automatic spotted testing.

Pic Courtesy FB Safari Users Group

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-11329964_10154265210452619_4942065363654734737_n.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 28th May 2015 at 12:06. Reason: Inserting image
himanshugoswami is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 22:24   #4085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Safari Storme Automatic spotted testing.

Pic Courtesy FB Safari Users Group
Nice share. Its interesting [and positive] that AT being in EX variant instead of the "top end" only !
I hope, AT variant comes in quicker than the time that TML took for the earlier upgrades.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 22:40   #4086
BHPian

WOW AT box for the beast will be one market changer. I will be in market very soon to look for a new car and if the Safari Storme is launched in the AT, then this will be one that I will surely look forward to buy. Hope its launched by Diwali festival.
Old 28th May 2015, 00:28   #4087
Senior - BHPian

Definitely hope they bring in a low cost Automatic. I remember GTO's comment on how AMT's worked great for cars with heavier torque, maybe Storme could get an AMT version too!

Will look forward to that, rather than the current version where the gearknob develops abit of play after crossing 5000kms itself! Also would relieve the Storme of the long gear-throws!

May also be they figure out a way to fit a 2-din system for the Sorme AMT! (Due to the short gear throws). This along with the low cost & long lasting new clutch would go quite decently well together!
Old 28th May 2015, 09:44   #4088
Senior - BHPian

Ever since i saw these spy pics on FB, i I was a little restless, so got in touch with my "undercover mole: in TML . Little Birdie update- the Storme AT under test is a six speed auto with torque bumped upto 400NM as this gearbox is well suited for the additional torque. This same tune and gearbox combo will be offered on the Hexa. Apparently the sightings of the Storme with Varicor400 badge were the AT test mules. The current five speed manual cannot handle 400 NM of torque.
himanshugoswami is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 11:14   #4089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ever since i saw these spy pics on FB, i I was a little restless, so got in touch with my "undercover mole: in TML . Little Birdie update- the Storme AT under test is a six speed auto with torque bumped upto 400NM as this gearbox is well suited for the additional torque. This same tune and gearbox combo will be offered on the Hexa. Apparently the sightings of the Storme with Varicor400 badge were the AT test mules. The current five speed manual cannot handle 400 NM of torque.
Pic of storm with Automatic sticker on rear windshield is doing rounds on facebook
Old 28th May 2015, 12:48   #4090
BHPian

Let's step back in 2012, when TATA amazed (at-least) me with a Xenon paired with AMT, which is nowhere to be seen. There there was news about Safari Storme AMT and now it seems like regular torque converter with 6 speed AT.

What's the point in R&D if its enjoyed by the internal teams only? When TATA when?

Last edited by ampere : 28th May 2015 at 12:50. Reason: Typo fixed
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 14:45   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Its interesting [and positive] that AT being in EX variant instead of the "top end" only !
TML (and most other manufacturers for that matter) test their new features on top-end models. It is indeed interesting and odd at the same time. Also, this might suggest that the Storme 4X4 might not come with the optional AT box?
Old 28th May 2015, 15:00   #4092
BHPian

An automatic Safari Storme with torque @ 400...finally TATA is getting real. But when? The market share has been sliding for quite sometime.

I guess automatic will come with 4x4. Tatas don't mess this up.
Old 28th May 2015, 15:13   #4093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
An automatic Safari Storme with torque @ 400...finally TATA is getting real. But when? The market share has been sliding for quite sometime.

I guess automatic will come with 4x4. Tatas don't mess this up.
Hope you have heard these lines from Mirza Ghalib: "Tere waade par jiye hum to ye jaan jhoot jaanaa, Ke khushee se mar na jaate agar 'eitabaar hota". (Translation from google - It’s false I live in hope, Of promises made by you;
For would not I die of joy, If I thought them to be true)

Personally I have given up all hopes from TATA and now I will not wait for any decent product from their stable in a long time. They make huge promises and deliver very little. Last Auto Expo had so many promising products displayed, but as someone mentioned earlier, they are for their internal R&D team only.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 15:55   #4094
BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't Aria with AT showcased in the last Auto Expo? Its been over an year and no sign of that unicorn yet. Testing to death is good, but bringing to market at a "right" time is also important. Look at the original Storme- by the time they brought it to market, it was too little, too late. The market had moved on and Storme was a flop.

I hope they can get the AT in whatever they want to mate it with, in time...before its too late once again.
Old 28th May 2015, 23:07   #4095
Senior - BHPian

I am sick and tired of all the testing done by Tata and Mahindra for their AT Safaris and XUVs. Will they keep on testing for 100 years? Can't they see that cheapest AT diesel SUV is at 30+ Lakhs today and there is a huuuge void under that.

For heaven's sake launch an SUV with AMT/TC/CVT/DSG or whatever but give us a clutch-free drive through the mayhem called inner-city traffic. How many more years do these guys need to realize this?
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks