Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 18:15   #3961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vistasp - thanks as usual, already informed to concerned departments. Action started.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear BEHRAM

Thank you as always for doing the needful. I got a call from the Tata Motors CSM and he has taken all my feedback and is now in the process of drafting an "internal" email to you (which he was at pains to stress cannot be CC'd to me).

Have taken the liberty of adding some other points as well, since it seems he has a "receptive audience" this time.

Last edited by ebonho : 30th April 2015 at 18:30.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 18:34   #3962
BHPian

OT: Stormerider, how come it was there in TASS even before the launch? I would love to try my hands on the so called upgraded version. Need to take the call at the earliest now as even my 8 year old daughter keeps taunting me on my 7 year old Dzire.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 30th April 2015 at 18:55.
Old 30th April 2015, 23:11   #3963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The LX version of Storme had rear discs and ABS all around. However, the newer version comes with the old LPSV setup without ABS and drums at rear.
I believe you would have been among the early ones to test drive the vehicle. Sworn to secrecy? Or can give some updates about the changed driving dynamics, clutch etc?
Old 30th April 2015, 23:31   #3964
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I believe you would have been among the early ones to test drive the vehicle. Sworn to secrecy? Or can give some updates about the changed driving dynamics, clutch etc?
LOL, no. When we drive the Storme, we will get the review out as soon as possible.
I just gleamed that from the specs.
Even while reviewing this version, I noticed that the LX version had both options specified in the user manual. ABS and LPSV
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 13:19   #3965
BHPian

Though it seems unlikely that TMIL wouldn't show and take feedback from a pro like you , given your reputation in this highly esteemed forum but I respect the privacy commitments/constraints and would really be looking forward to your official review .
Old 1st May 2015, 13:37   #3966
BHPian

Removing ABS from the lx version is a stupid move from Tata motors.
The Storme is already a barebones suv regarding features when relatively compared to the competition .
Hope to see atleast a major price reduction in the new model to justify the changes .
Is the TEAM doing a official review of the new Storme ?
al pacino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 14:31   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
OT: Stormerider, how come it was there in TASS even before the launch? I would love to try my hands on the so called upgraded version. Need to take the call at the earliest now as even my 8 year old daughter keeps taunting me on my 7 year old Dzire.
it had arrived in a trailer, and was there for washing, etc. I saw one more today very near to TASS.
Old 1st May 2015, 20:45   #3968
BHPian

When will they launch i? Waiting for more than an year now.
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:29   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
When will they launch i? Waiting for more than an year now.
I heard from a reliable source that its going to launch tomorrow i.e. on the 3rd. Hope it doesn't slip yet again.
Old 2nd May 2015, 12:14   #3970
Senior - BHPian

@xbox360, unlikely that the launch will be tomorrow. IIRC the Nano GenX which was supposed to be launched yesterday is delayed to 3rd week of May. Storme will be after that. Any idea of offers on Aria in Bangalore?
Old 3rd May 2015, 09:27   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@xbox360, unlikely that the launch will be tomorrow. IIRC the Nano GenX which was supposed to be launched yesterday is delayed to 3rd week of May. Storme will be after that. Any idea of offers on Aria in Bangalore?
You were right, no news of the launch. Was hoping to see a full page in the paper this morning.

Anyhow Concorde motors here in HYD have started taking booking as the pricing and the deals for May are out. Besides LX being lower in price, I am told that there is no other change on the pricing front.

I have gone ahead and booked a Silver VX 4X2 (sent them an email, they will be doing the formalities on Monday).
Old 3rd May 2015, 20:13   #3972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
You were right, no news of the launch. Was hoping to see a full page in the paper this morning.

Anyhow Concorde motors here in HYD have started taking booking as the pricing and the deals for May are out. Besides LX being lower in price, I am told that there is no other change on the pricing front.

I have gone ahead and booked a Silver VX 4X2 (sent them an email, they will be doing the formalities on Monday).
How much have they cut down on the discounts or have they totally withdrawn that? There would be a huge gap between LX and Ex and if they bring down the price of the former only.
Old 4th May 2015, 09:42   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
How much have they cut down on the discounts or have they totally withdrawn that? There would be a huge gap between LX and Ex and if they bring down the price of the former only.
There is an exchange bonus of ~30k this month which is no good to me as I have nothing to trade in. Besides they are going to find out if the corporate discount is applicable to this new launch or not, that's ~10-15k. I will know more when he comes to collect the cheque today.
Old 4th May 2015, 14:16   #3974
Senior - BHPian

Two fat sisters.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-201505010010.jpeg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-201505010011.jpeg
Old 4th May 2015, 15:09   #3975
BHPian

Hi All,

If the launch is today/tomorrow or already done:
DO we have a confirmation if the last row is front facing or still the same. Reason for multiple follow ups is looking to book this or will go for Aria.

Apologies for repeated questions.

Regarsd,
Saurabh.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks