Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 16:24   #4066
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
May be TML engineers have tried to answer the problem of steering brushing thighs/knees problem by changing the angle of steering.
I don't know why a tall guy would have the steering set on the low position but what I discovered (more than the brushing thing) was that it was impossible for me to climb in behind the steering with it set to the low position. Basically you get in with your left leg on the right side of the steering and then the leg swivels to the left side when you slide in on the seat. That swiveling motion gets blocked for tall guys.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 16:38   #4067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
the steering with it set to the low position. Basically you get in with your left leg on the right side of the steering and then the leg swivels to the left side when you slide in on the seat. That swiveling motion gets blocked for tall guys.
Exactly, with the change in angle now , i assume , this has been addressed.
Not that this was a big problem as such, but still a minor irritant for a new person (especially during the test drives, many wont adjust the steering wheel in an up position before getting in )
I am sure people actually owning the beauty must be so used to this getting in and out style that they might not even consider this a factor.

Last edited by madhu33 : 26th May 2015 at 16:43.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 16:42   #4068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Exactly, with the change in angle now , i assume , this has been addressed.
Or you adjust the seat low. You can have one (steering low) or the other (seat high). Not both.

No biggie for me personally. Both have been on highest position from Day 1 almost (barring some experimentation with both + seat slide position in between).
Old 27th May 2015, 00:36   #4069
BHPian

I've test driven the Storme 2-3 times. For me the seat is always at its lowest and the steering wheel at its highest. I find this very comfortable without my legs getting stuck. (BTW I'm 6 feet 1 inch). Hope it helps.
Old 27th May 2015, 09:24   #4070
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India has published the price list of the facelifted Storme. I don't understand why there was no official launch or announcement from Tata regarding the facelift.

Quote:

Although there has been no official launch yet, deliveries for the Tata Safari Storme facelift have already started. Dealers have been taking bookings for some time already for an amount ranging from Rs 10,000- 50,000. The facelifted car has been priced in the same range as the predecessor – starting at Rs 10.41 lakh.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)

LX - Rs 10.41 lakh

EX - Rs 11.61 lakh

VX - Rs 13.02 lakh (4x4 - Rs 14.34 lakh)
Source: Autocar India More here

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th May 2015 at 12:23. Reason: Please do not copy paste an entire article. Quote a small section and provide source URL of the news item. Thanks!
Old 27th May 2015, 10:54   #4071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Added features include rear parking sensors, centre armrest for rear passengers and a new audio system with a display screen, USB, aux-in and Bluetooth compatibility, and steering-mounted controls.
I thought all Stormes (and Dicors) already had that.

P.S. Had a pleasant chance encounter with another Team BHPian Storme (Urban Bronze EX with HR plates) today on the way to office. Flashed him from behind (sorry, it just does not sound kosher ....) and then pulled up alongside with a smile and wave.

A big shout out to @DragonRider Hope you read this and join in on the thread with your experiences.

Last edited by ebonho : 27th May 2015 at 10:57.
Old 27th May 2015, 11:32   #4072
BHPian

Quote:
A big shout out to @DragonRider Hope you read this and join in on the thread with your experiences.
It was a pleasant surprise indeed to have met you Ebonho !! I've been closely following this thread, and you, apparently are one of the stars on this thread. It was like meeting a celebrity . I drove all the way from Gurgaon to Pune a month back. Took a two days break in Gandhinagar at my cousin's place. The drive was one of the best experiences I've had in recent times with absolutely wonderful roads and the majestic/faithful Storme to keep company with.

Not trying to be pompous here but I think only us Storm'ers will know what it feels like, to drive a Storme on wide open highways and that, in a way sets us apart .
DragonRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 11:39   #4073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
It was a pleasant surprise indeed to have met you Ebonho !! I've been closely following this thread, and you, apparently are one of the stars on this thread. It was like meeting a celebrity . I drove all the way from Gurgaon to Pune a month back. Took a two days break in Gandhinagar at my cousin's place. The drive was one of the best experiences I've had in recent times with absolutely wonderful roads and the majestic/faithful Storme to keep company with.

Not trying to be pompous here but I think only us Storm'ers will know what it feels like, to drive a Storme on wide open highways and that, in a way sets us apart .
Must have been a lovely drive bro. How much time did the 900 odd kilometers to Gandhinagar take you? At how many kilometers did you have your first tankful? Did you need a second?

First thing I do when I reach home is to shampoo and polish Beastie. She was feeling very grubby alongside your shiny Urban Bronze beast.

Btw we have something else in common besides our Stormes. I'm from another Bihar (I never lived in Jharkhand) steel town - Jamshedpur.

Last edited by ebonho : 27th May 2015 at 11:48.
Old 27th May 2015, 12:06   #4074
BHPian

Quote:
Must have been a lovely drive bro. How much time did the 900 odd kilometers to Gandhinagar take you? At how many kilometers did you have your first tankful? Did you need a second?

Btw we have something else in common besides our Stormes. I'm from another Bihar (I never lived in Jharkhand) steel town - Jamshedpur.
I started at 9:30 AM in the morning (I know, should've started earlier) and reached Gandhinagar by 12:15 in the night. I did refill twice, although its not required at all, the first one being on Jaipur-Ajmer Xpressway and the second before Udaipur.

Jamshedpur is such a lovely place, I keep visiting it once an year. My in-laws stay in Jamshedpur (FIL was with TISCO).
DragonRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 14:10   #4075
BHPian

Got the car yesterday folks, few pictures are attached.

Talking about the car itself, my frame of reference is the 2.2 Safari and this feels like a step up in every respect.

1) Interiors are way way better, no longer tacky but on the edge of premium
2) Ride is a lot more silent and composed; the engine noise is close to nil inside the cabin
3) Braking is where I can tell the most difference, no more diving head first as used to happen before.

All in all I am so happy that the 'beast is back'
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img20150527wa0001.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img20150527wa0004.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img20150527wa0005.jpg  

xbox360 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 14:31   #4076
BHPian

Congrats buddy. You seem to be the first owner of the upgraded mighty beast on this platform. I noticed that the silver colour which looked very under-stated and subdued in the previous version is actually looking fantastic on the current one with this new grill and chrome strip. Wish you a million miles of happiness, joy and sheer power.
P.S do tell us the complete breakup of cost and discount if applicable.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 27th May 2015 at 14:34.
Old 27th May 2015, 14:46   #4077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Congrats buddy. ....
P.S do tell us the complete breakup of cost and discount if applicable.
Thanks a ton!

The price for the 4X2 VX goes like this in HYD-

Ex Showroom: 13,21,261
Life Tax: 1,85,230
Handling: 7,500
2yr AMC 15,200
4th Yr warranty 7,000
Insurance (50% NCB): 32,627

Total -- 15,68,818

Discount wise got ~15k (includes corporate discount plus what they could spare from their end) and got Matting as a freebie.

Last edited by xbox360 : 27th May 2015 at 14:47.
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 14:54   #4078
Senior - BHPian

Congrats xbox360! And a warm welcome to your beast into the Safari fold.

Just noticed that the chrome lip on the bonnet has been reshaped and shortened. Is the remainder on the two sides body color painted?
Old 27th May 2015, 15:17   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats xbox360! And a warm welcome to your beast into the Safari fold.

Just noticed that the chrome lip on the bonnet has been reshaped and shortened. Is the remainder on the two sides body color painted?
Thank you!!

Regarding the chrome lip, from what I recall it extends to the extremities of the bonnet and is abutted by the headlights on both ends. Will check the same again in the evening and will post back in case I got this wrong.
Old 27th May 2015, 15:44   #4080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Thank you!!

Regarding the chrome lip, from what I recall it extends to the extremities of the bonnet and is abutted by the headlights on both ends. Will check the same again in the evening and will post back in case I got this wrong.
Its probably the angle of the photo and light reflection then in Photo #2.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks