Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 09:36   #3946
BHPian

Thanks Tanveer, nothing in the glove box. Planning to take it to ASS and get it done. Also same time will get the bolts replaced.
Old 30th April 2015, 09:54   #3947
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Thanks Tanveer, nothing in the glove box. Planning to take it to ASS and get it done. Also same time will get the bolts replaced.
I have a set of bulbs in the glove box that came with the truck.

One feedback to BEHRAM DHABHAR and/or other faceless Tata Motors observers here.

A couple of days back I had my first opportunity of using the net in the 3rd row that came with the truck. To hold in place my Bullet spare motocross mudguards, rear sub-frame assembly etc. to transport to my mechanic's workshop. The four corners of the net have pretty El Cheapo plastic key-fob type press and release hooks. While getting them off and back on to the U shaped rings bolted into the floor of the truck, one of the plastic pattis (the straight one inside the curved hook part) broke off.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-htb1welcgvxxxxxhaxxxq6xxfxxxe.jpg

Normally I am a great proponent and unpaid advocate for Tata Motors policy of not giving too many frills in their vehicles, but what they give and put in, is top notch quality. That has been my experience to date of the interiors of the Storme.

This was the first real negative mark and deviation from that happy norm. Not pleased.

Last edited by ebonho : 30th April 2015 at 10:07.
Old 30th April 2015, 10:29   #3948
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vistasp - thanks as usual, already informed to concerned departments. Action started.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 10:50   #3949
BHPian

Given that I'm planning to get a Storme, these are two features I will miss. So will I be forced to go in for the Aria/Hexa?
Old 30th April 2015, 11:46   #3950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vistasp - thanks as usual, already informed to concerned departments. Action started.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks Behram, but I will not hold my breath waiting.

I was told (many times) that a special team from R&D would be speaking to me and probably even keeping my truck for a day for testing etc. about the repeat shock absorber issue.

I am still waiting for that elusive call. Maybe everyone was extremely busy with year-ending and all .....
Old 30th April 2015, 11:48   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
informed to concerned departments. Action started
Dear Behram sir, if I remember correctly, the net was removed long time back and was part of initial lots only. So what are we doing about a feature that was removed?

Also would request to have child part strategy for interior parts. Better quality is expected, but child parts would be welcome, so that we are not forced to change the whole rear console as in this case where my console looks like this -
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-imag0202.jpg

The plate for charging point broke off because of my neice stepping over a charger while it was plugged.

Whilst the other plate's locks were courtesy of TASS trying to fix the charger. Here's the image of the said plate-
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-imag0203.jpg

Last edited by stormerider : 30th April 2015 at 12:03.
stormerider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 11:55   #3952
Senior - BHPian

As this concerns Storme owners as well and BD sir is active here posting it on this thread as well.

What happens when friction modifier is added in differential oil in an open differential ( no LSD). I think only 4X4 storme VX has LSD and others are without. Is it harmless or can decrease life of diff ?
Old 30th April 2015, 12:46   #3953
BHPian

Now that the new storme is out with a new powermap (no change in engine mechanically except the clutch), what are the chances of getting this upgrade for existing owners. In city traffic, the 3rd gear has a lot of flat spots at lower rpm and accelerator does nothing to speed, rpm or anything. I am not worried about the upgrade to 148bhp but very interested in wider torque curve. Shouldn't tata do this for all since it kind of acknowledges that the existing powermap has flat spots - especially in 3rd gear in my case
Old 30th April 2015, 15:24   #3954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Now that the new storme is out with a new powermap (no change in engine mechanically except the clutch), what are the chances of getting this upgrade for existing owners. In city traffic, the 3rd gear has a lot of flat spots at lower rpm and accelerator does nothing to speed, rpm or anything. I am not worried about the upgrade to 148bhp but very interested in wider torque curve. Shouldn't tata do this for all since it kind of acknowledges that the existing powermap has flat spots - especially in 3rd gear in my case
Just got to drive the new storme at TASS, must say that the new clutch is very light. Would be great if we can swap to the new clutch when the change is due. Also the new steering is nice to hold along with the all black interior. But the chrome lining on the center console is a downer from my perspective.Though i still prefer my stormes central console and large space over the rear ac vents instead of the changes that have been made on the new storme.

I am not sure if they have made changes to handbrake, it felt a bit better than that of my storme. This one is an absolute necessity.

Last edited by stormerider : 30th April 2015 at 15:25.
stormerider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 15:39   #3955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
I am not sure if they have made changes to handbrake, it felt a bit better than that of my storme. This one is an absolute necessity.
+1 for both clutch & handbrake.

Btw, are the rear brakes discs or drums ?
Old 30th April 2015, 15:48   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
are the rear brakes discs or drums ?
Good point, sadly I didnt check, but if they are drums, obviously the handbrake will get better. It was a VX 4x2 that I tested.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:12   #3957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Just got to drive the new storme at TASS, must say that the new clutch is very light. Would be great if we can swap to the new clutch when the change is due. Also the new steering is nice to hold along with the all black interior. But the chrome lining on the center console is a downer from my perspective.Though i still prefer my stormes central console and large space over the rear ac vents instead of the changes that have been made on the new storme.

How was it to drive? Engine response and pickup? Did you get a highway pull on it?
Old 30th April 2015, 16:30   #3958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
How was it to drive? Engine response and pickup? Did you get a highway pull on it?
Couldn't get to use the heavy right foot. It's more drivable and effortless, torque delivery is surely better. As I mentioned, clutch is super light and butter smooth.
I prefer our good old grill than the LR inspired new grill.

OT: Would love to see a drag between the new and the old.

Last edited by stormerider : 30th April 2015 at 16:48.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:33   #3959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
+1 for both clutch & handbrake.

Btw, are the rear brakes discs or drums ?
The LX version of Storme had rear discs and ABS all around. However, the newer version comes with the old LPSV setup without ABS and drums at rear.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:38   #3960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
tsk1979 : The LX version of Storme had rear discs and ABS all around. However, the newer version comes with the old LPSV setup without ABS and drums at rear.
@Stormerider has mentioned that he tested the VX.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks