Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2015, 11:02   #3871
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Now please tell me which other company goes so much out of their way to try and help a customer, especially when the damage has been caused because of the customer's fault? If this is not called personal service, I am not sure what is.
Exactly, very true.
This is why, most of us [who experienced TASS] says "TASS is not bad in servicing, but its inconsistent". Some locations are bad, some are very bad and some are too good.

This has been my experience with Concorde Motors for the past 10 years with TATA [first 5 years with Marina and next 5 with Safari].

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:22   #3872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Exactly, very true.
This is why, most of us [who experienced TASS] says "TASS is not bad in servicing, but its inconsistent". Some locations are bad, some are very bad and some are too good.

This has been my experience with Concorde Motors for the past 10 years with TATA [first 5 years with Marina and next 5 with Safari].

Prem.
Almost all Tass are improving, based on my experience over 4 years now. My dealer, Concorde in Mumbai routinely calls up to find out how the car is doing even after 10 months of sale, my regular service center Fortune in Thane is excellent in terms of service, we have a close rapport and lot of my small requests are catered to mostly free of cost. With a completely fuss free Storme and great service centers, I couldn't be happier. My next upgrade in about 2 years will almost certainly be a Tata if they develop a high end SUV by then.
Compared to the above I have faced the worst service or rather the lack of it from Royal Enfield. These guys are busy raking in money and are too busy to either build, service or maintain their bikes to a bare minimum standard.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:24   #3873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish to narrate the below incidence especially for those who believe Tata Motors service standards are poor and dealers disinterested.
I broke my RHS side mirror ......Now please tell me which other company goes so much out of their way to try and help a customer, especially when the damage has been caused because of the customer's fault? If this is not called personal service, I am not sure what is.
You are indeed very lucky to get this kind of experience. Hope TML is serious about spreading this kind of service mentality all across their service network within the country and outside. TML products are at par with the competition (or even slightly better from VFM perspective), however what makes or breaks the product is the service experience. It is really a welcome step to see the improvement in service levels
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:56   #3874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now please tell me which other company goes so much out of their way to try and help a customer, especially when the damage has been caused because of the customer's fault? If this is not called personal service, I am not sure what is.
Here's one from another company which is bashed no end for it's service as well -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-service.html

End of the day, it's perception that TML has to fight against. It will not change overnight, but will surely happen sooner than later if such positive stories continue to roll out.
Old 27th March 2015, 12:04   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
I wish to narrate the below incidence especially for those who believe Tata Motors service standards are poor and dealers disinterested.

Man! This is what I call a customer friendly service, not just in one ASS but two of them. Great to hear that. TATA keeps improving! My first car was TATA Sumo and used it for about 5 years and I loved driving it. Thanks for sharing the info.
Old 27th March 2015, 16:44   #3876
BHPian

Got the second free service done today for my beast at 6264 kms. I missed it by a bit (4500-5500kms or 6 months whichever is earlier) since i was on a longish trip to TVM and back.

Concorde Injambakkam charged me for 8L oil. Although user manual says 7.5L. I will send them an email with cc to Tata asking for an answer. This was requested by me and i paid for it, was not necessary, since TML recommends the 1st oil change only at 15000Kms.

Another very disturbing thing i noticed was that the SA was having a new circular with new service schedules for 2.2L Dicor engine for all vehicles with MY14. It said that from now on there will be oil change at every 20,000kms for Dicor engines. This means first oil change at 20,000kms, next at 40,000kms and next 60K and so on.
My first question: TML uses mineral oil Castrol Magnatec Professional 15w40. Is it recommended to change engine oil at such high mileage? That too in Indian conditions: heat, stop and go traffic etc.?
Second Question: When i paid approx. 37K for gold AMC - (3 years, 45,000Kms) - i calculated that i will get 3 oil changes, 1 fuel filter and some other materials used and changed till 45000Kms. But now with the new schedule, i will effectively get only 2 oil changes and not sure what else will i miss. I feel cheated. Not sure whom to reach out to.

Can BHP'ins who have recently serviced Storme, please confirm.

Tata now recommends tyre rotation every 10,000Kms, as against every 5000kms earlier.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 27th March 2015 at 16:46.
Old 27th March 2015, 18:19   #3877
BHPian

Looks like the service schedules are being altered keeping in mind the dipping margins of SA's, courtesy AMC's instead of the health of the vehicle and customer's peace of mind.
Old 27th March 2015, 18:32   #3878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Another very disturbing thing i noticed was that the SA was having a new circular with new service schedules for 2.2L Dicor engine for all vehicles with MY14. It said that from now on there will be oil change at every 20,000kms for Dicor engines. This means first oil change at 20,000kms, next at 40,000kms and next 60K and so on.
My first question: TML uses mineral oil Castrol Magnatec Professional 15w40. Is it recommended to change engine oil at such high mileage? That too in Indian conditions: heat, stop and go traffic etc.?
My understanding is, MY14 is the codename for the varicor 146hp engine on the current Aria. That oil change schedule should not be applicable on the current Storme. In any case, please have this checked.
Either ways, an extended oil change interval should be good news. Why waste precious money on oil, when it is seen not to degenerate. I, for one, would've been happy with such anotification, if circulated for Safari dicors too, since I cannot yet decide when to change oil. Even the current BS-III buses from TM and AL have engine oil change mentioned as 40k kms. 20k kms still has a high factor of safety, compared with these heavy duty engines, that are subjected to higher wear and tear.

Last edited by dkamath : 27th March 2015 at 18:34.
dkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 20:28   #3879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Even the current BS-III buses from TM and AL have engine oil change mentioned as 40k kms. 20k kms still has a high factor of safety, compared with these heavy duty engines, that are subjected to higher wear and tear.
Unfortunately some of us love our machines a wee bit more than our super efficient and maintained STC busses

BTW, the dealer called me within an hour of sending email. They will send .5L oil to my home tomorrow.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 22:58   #3880
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, the dealer called me within an hour of sending email. They will send .5L oil to my home tomorrow.
Check your engine oil level and check if they have filled with 8 litres instead of 7.5.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:58   #3881
BHPian

The oil level is currently a hairline above the max mark. Checked after the truck was resting all night. Hopefully that should not be of concern.
Old 28th March 2015, 15:53   #3882
BHPian

Quote:
The oil level is currently a hairline above the max mark. Checked after the truck was resting all night. Hopefully that should not be of concern.
Ideally you should check half an hour after shutting down a properly warmed up engine.
Old 28th March 2015, 23:23   #3883
BHPian

Is anyone here using magnetic sun shades on their truck? Summers have started with a vengeance in Delhi and it has become imperative to get some shade on the windows. I have tried to buy 2 sets till now (one from the market and one online); however, none has fit the storme properly. Will appreciate any headway into this from someone who has used them and found a brand which works. The problem I have faced is that the size is not as per the windows and every time I open the door, they fall out.
Old 29th March 2015, 17:56   #3884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Ideally you should check half an hour after shutting down a properly warmed up engine.
Most people I have spoken to advise morning on a cold engine?
Old 29th March 2015, 18:59   #3885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Most people I have spoken to advise morning on a cold engine?
I got the info from storme manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-screenshot_20150329185326.png  

damodar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks