Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2014, 11:32   #3721
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Completed 1st free service. ODO at 1175Kms. The sound coming while turning the steering was resolved. As per them it was the horn pad plastic getting touched with the steering base.
Another issue i noticed: The driver side power window would go up 80% and at that point there will be a minor shudder and then the rest would go up. The SA at Concorde, Injambakkam mentioned it is because of a faulty winder motor. They agreed to change it under warranty, but didnt have stock. Would get it changed this week or once i am back from my vacation.

Other than that it was smooth. Time taken 4.5 hours. Mainly because they had to open the power window winder motor to check.

Total Bill: 0.0
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 11:46   #3722
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

I think the drop would be more due to the reduced list of features and anticipation of an imminent face-lift.
Who would buy a depreciation disaster in December ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

At 8.99L, its Storme LX at the price of Aria LX!

Maybe trying to liquidate stocks to help cash flows required for smooth production of Zest & Bolt.

This is the price at which the Storme lx should have been launched and I had said this in the original Storme discussion thread but all the Tata fan boys flamed me for that. Of course I put my money where my words were and actually bought the vehicle but at this price more people would have bought the Storme and with better demand, Tata could have at least hiked prices a few times by now, rather they are cutting prices like they did for the Aria. What a marketing disaster this has been. On the cash flows part don't think Tata motors is so starved for cash and how much money do you think they will generate by selling a few hundred Stormes !!!

Last edited by narayan : 14th December 2014 at 11:48.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 19:48   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Another issue i noticed: The driver side power window would go up 80% and at that point there will be a minor shudder and then the rest would go up. The SA at Concorde, Injambakkam mentioned it is because of a faulty winder motor. They agreed to change it under warranty, but didnt have stock.
I have the same problem. Initially during the first service, they applied some spray on the rubber beads that guide the glass and it was okay for some time. However, the problem returned soon. During the second service they changed the rubber channel. It was okay for some time but once more the problem has returned. I have found that the window glass when going up tilts a bit forward as in the image below. If you pull it back to align it well with the channel, it goes up easily. So I don't thing it is motor that is faulty but the channel guiding the glass inside the door may be the cause. I am going to have that checked and rectify during the 3rd service as it is of no immediate concern.
(P.S.: The image has been rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise. So the upper part of the image is actually the right-side of the driver side door as seen from inside the car.)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0959.jpg  

Old 15th December 2014, 09:20   #3724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymant View Post
I have the same problem. Initially during the first service, they applied some spray on the rubber beads that guide the glass and it was okay for some time. However, the problem returned soon. During the second service they changed the rubber channel. It was okay for some time but once more the problem has returned. I have found that the window glass when going up tilts a bit forward as in the image below. If you pull it back to align it well with the channel, it goes up easily. So I don't thing it is motor that is faulty but the channel guiding the glass inside the door may be the cause. I am going to have that checked and rectify during the 3rd service as it is of no immediate concern.
Although I don't have a Safari, but the same problem I had with my Indigo CS. Got the rubber channel changed (have power windows fitted from the showroom). I had the exact same problem, if I adjust the glass a bit, it would roll up fine. After multiple rounds of investigation, they replaced the glass itself. It worked in my case. See if they can test it out with a new glass.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 10:58   #3725
BHPian

Quote:
I don't thing it is motor that is faulty but the channel guiding the glass inside the door may be the cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
See if they can test it out with a new glass.
Thanks. Will call TASS on Wednesday and inquire if the motor is back in stock. I will ask them to try these before replacing. Else will come back in January from vacation and visit TASS.
Old 15th December 2014, 12:02   #3726
BHPian

Quote:
I have found that the window glass when going up tilts a bit forward as in the image below. If you pull it back to align it well with the channel, it goes up easily. So I don't thing it is motor that is faulty but the channel guiding the glass inside the door may be the cause.
Quote:
Thanks. Will call TASS on Wednesday and inquire if the motor is back in stock. I will ask them to try these before replacing. Else will come back in January from vacation and visit TASS.
Even I had exactly same issue of misaligned glass on my Punto, (I guess Tata & Fiat have same vendor supplying window winders)

Issue is with the angle of channel. I did a DIY to fix it & took only 5 minutes apart from time taken for opening door pad & putting it back. Adjusted channel’s angle with the help of a screwdriver. Just push the bottom end of channel back or forth as required, by screwdriver till window alignment sets right.
Hope it helps.

Last edited by S.MJet : 15th December 2014 at 12:04.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 13:40   #3727
BHPian

SO I got delivery of my Storme on Dec 11, 2014 and have run it about 350 Kms in 3 days :-)
I like it and I dont like it comparing to my previous 3L Dicor. I love that its miles ahead in refinement and drivability but the 3rd gear is not that great uphill, the rpm just does not increase do whatever and that's how all the stormes were. this 3rd in my 3L was brilliant. Further now the console tells me that a door is open but does not tell me which one!. Earlier, I had lights on each door to tell me which door I need to close. Rest looks brilliant

Further, My car dd not have the Temp sensor like all the other 2014 stormes. It just blinked 0C. I fitted the sensor that I arranged - One for myself, One for Ganesh/Biju and one SPARE :-) in case any one needs it now. And Voila, I have temperature - 26 degrees right out of the showroom. The sales guys were surprised as well as happy for me. Here is a pic for all of you
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_2736.jpg  

rajismine is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 14:02   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi;

At 8.99L, its [I
Storme LX at the price of Aria LX[/i]!

IMO Atleast Storme LX has ABS. (Btw, What do you'll think is important for consumer : Aria with more power & mileage OR Storme with same power, abit lower mileage but ABS as a safety feature...?)
I was in the same boat till sometime back. For me ABS and Airbags were a mandate and i would have waited if there was a positive movement from TATA on a facelift with the Airbags coming in as standard. But it did not happen and so i took the plunge and Duster RXL 110 Bhp it is!

My ownership thread is being parked in Assembly Line by the MODS and hence you can get a glimpse of the same in
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-304.html Post No: 4556 and Post No: 4586
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 14:38   #3729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
SO I got delivery of my Storme on Dec 11, 2014 and have run it about 350 Kms in 3 days :-)
Congratulations! Enjoy the beast. Is the color Black or Urban Bronze. Sorry i couldn't make out from the photo
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 14:41   #3730
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Enjoy the beast. Is the color Black or Urban Bronze. Sorry i couldn't make out from the photo
Thank you. Its Astern Black
Old 15th December 2014, 22:27   #3731
BHPian

Quote:

Further, My car dd not have the Temp sensor like all the other 2014 stormes. It just blinked 0C. I fitted the sensor that I arranged
Congratulations!! The teaser pic is great.
And could you possibly post a picture of the sensor and the exact location to fit it. Thanx in advance.
Old 16th December 2014, 09:10   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Further, My car dd not have the Temp sensor like all the other 2014 stormes. It just blinked 0C. I fitted the sensor that I arranged - One for myself, One for Ganesh/Biju and one SPARE :-) in case any one needs it now. And Voila, I have temperature - 26 degrees right out of the showroom. The sales guys were surprised as well as happy for me. Here is a pic for all of you
Hi rajismine, I'm also in the same boat of 2014 Storme's without the sensor. Can you please share the details & where did you get it from so that perhaps even I can have it installed in my Storme.
Old 16th December 2014, 11:08   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!! The teaser pic is great.
And could you possibly post a picture of the sensor and the exact location to fit it. Thanx in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Hi rajismine, I'm also in the same boat of 2014 Storme's without the sensor. Can you please share the details & where did you get it from so that perhaps even I can have it installed in my Storme.
So attaching two pics:
1.) First is of the sensor. This pic is of BMW sensor and looks 90% same as safari sensor, except that it has a hole for a screw to fit it at a place where ever we like
2.) Second is the location. You have to put your hand in there to grab hold of a dangling wire with male socket, and put it in the female socket of the sensor and Voila
3.) Price was Rs 1500 and I got all three that my friend could arrange. He did not tell me the exact contact :( and since he was helping anyways, I did not push hard. I do have one spare (i used one and giving one to Ganesh in Pune) in case anyone needs it. I am sure there are more people who need it than i can arrange :-) :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-sensor.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-capture.jpg  

rajismine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 11:12   #3734
BHPian

Thanks guys for your wishes. Here is another pic of the tamed bull. This one does seem like a tamed bull while the earlier 3L was the Wild One
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_2864.jpg  

rajismine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 13:07   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
SO I got delivery of my Storme on Dec 11, 2014 and have run it about 350 Kms in 3 days :-) ....

... well as happy for me. Here is a pic for all of you

Congratulations!! She looks awesome in black, can you please post some more photos.

Secondly, as per the offcial Tata Safari website, the Dicor still comes equipped with a temperature sensor and the part number for it should be mentioned in the parts catalogue for both the Dicor and Storme. If I recall correctly someone here on T-BHP bought the sensor from TASS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks