Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 19:09   #3586
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Booked Pearl White EX today. Should be delivered by 21st Nov.

Thanks everyone who had put in their experiences in this thread, which helped me decide to go ahead with the Storme dumping the XUV500. Special cheers to@ebonho, @narayan, @JASMEET_MATTOO, @ condor and many others.

My dealer told me, i cam take the AMC after a few days. Will need your suggestions, whether it makes sense to take the AMC. My running wont be more than 10K/year, atleast that's what it seems like now, with a new addition to the family.

I have taken the 4th yr. EW.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 19:20   #3587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post

My dealer told me, i cam take the AMC after a few days. Will need your suggestions, whether it makes sense to take the AMC. My running wont be more than 10K/year, atleast that's what it seems like now, with a new addition to the family.

Congratulations , I think if it is 10K Km per year AMC would be same as or may be expensive then normal service charges for initial 2 years at-least.
Old 11th November 2014, 19:24   #3588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks everyone who had put in their experiences in this thread, which helped me decide to go ahead with the Storme dumping the XUV500. Special cheers to@ebonho, @narayan, @JASMEET_MATTOO, @ condor and many others.

Hey congratulations on the booking! Thats quite a speedy delivery @21st Nov. Good luck. Keep the updates coming & post your initial ownership thread soon.

Certainly the right decision to go for the EW. As for the AMC - my personal opinion isn't too positive. I don't see any benefit of paying upfront and then getting lower bills at the services. Yes, they say that a lot of consumables are covered in the AMC but then I never needed anything. I prefer to pay for whatever needed at the time of the services. Be it costlier than AMC. Again - just a personal opinion & majority people will advise to opt for the AMC.

EDIT: BTW, have you asked them to share the VIN? Would be worth it to check that the car isn't much old.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th November 2014 at 19:47.
Old 11th November 2014, 19:43   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats bro! You are going to love the brute and enjoy her immensely. So will your family.

Do take the AMC. A little money extra now, and you are set for the next 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't see any benefit of paying upfront and then getting lower bills at the services. Yes, they say that a lot of consumables are covered in the AMC but then I never needed anything. I prefer to pay for whatever needed at the time of the services. Be it costlier than AMC. Again - just a personal opinion & majority people will advise to opt for the AMC.
I've done the calculations (most of us have). With the Silver, the benefits are least, but at least there is a benefit (money wise) and more importantly you are locking in the cost of service and consumables over the next 4 years (along with inflationary increases) now.

With the Gold, the advantage is even more. And a lot of non-consumables are even covered. For example, I have gotten a set of wiper blades free already. Suspension, clutch are two other big things covered. All belts too.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 22:04   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
BTW, have you asked them to share the VIN? Would be worth it to check that the car isn't much old.
Yes. my SA said that the EX is on its way to Chennai. However, i have told him to share the VIN before invoicing it in my name. But there are no way to record and ensure they'll do that. Only trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Do take the AMC. A little money extra now, and you are set for the next 4 years.
I was not offered a 4 year option. Only a 45000Kms, 3 year option at INR 38,xxx/-
Old 12th November 2014, 00:08   #3591
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations @hyper-VTEC: do post pics once the new car comes.
Could you share discounts if any?
Old 12th November 2014, 00:19   #3592
BANNED

Quote:

Heartiest congratulations buddy, and in no time will that 10k a year mark be breached, and you can thank the superb highway manners of the Storme for that. It will beg you every weekend to take it for a gasp of fresh air on the highways 😊

Any discounts or freebies bestowed by dealer though?
Old 12th November 2014, 09:52   #3593
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats hyper-VTEC! I can say this with experience, you'll love the Storme.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 11:26   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Could you share discounts if any?
Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Any discounts or freebies bestowed by dealer though?
TML Discount: 20000
Dealer: 10000
Free Reverse Parking Sensor (without camera): 4200 value

And the usual free sad quality floor mats/ mud guards, steering cover.
Old 12th November 2014, 12:08   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was not offered a 4 year option. Only a 45000Kms, 3 year option at INR 38,xxx/-
AFAIK, there is no 45000 kms option in Gold. Only 20, 30, 40, and 50,000 kms for 1,2, 3 or 4 years.

I got the 4 years 40,000 kms Gold AMC for 19,895.

If you take Silver AMC (only Service and Consumables covered), you can actually wait till just before completing 10,000 kms before you buy the AMC. The price remains the same, and in effect you get an extra 10,000 kms extension in coverage, because you buy x kms of coverage BEYOND the km point you buy it at (the cost is set within 10,000 km blocks). This is a loophole no one from TATA or the TASC will tell you. (this does not hold good for Gold, which is calculate from 0 kms regardless of when you purchase it)

Hope that helps.
Old 12th November 2014, 15:22   #3596
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, there is no 45000 kms option in Gold. Only 20, 30, 40, and 50,000 kms for 1,2, 3 or 4 years.

I got the 4 years 40,000 kms Gold AMC for 19,895.
I am interested in Gold AMC. But my dealer didn't have/offers that option. I will speak to my SA again. Is the Gold AMC dealer specific? I mean if I take it from dealer A, can i get my truck serviced from dealer B?

You bought the Gold AMC for 4 years for only 19xxx? I was quoted 3yr/45000kms for 39000 odd. Has the prices doubled in last few months?
Old 12th November 2014, 15:32   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am interested in Gold AMC. But my dealer didn't have/offers that option. I will speak to my SA again. Is the Gold AMC dealer specific? I mean if I take it from dealer A, can i get my truck serviced from dealer B?

You bought the Gold AMC for 4 years for only 19xxx? I was quoted 3yr/45000kms for 39000 odd. Has the prices doubled in last few months?
Hope this shows properly here:

(Sorry, it does not)

Basically in Gold AMC the price rises as per Contract Kms (exponentially) and not (hardly) per AMC years.

There is no 45000 kms AMC - I know because I had a huge argument with the Tata guys on this because you have to buy either 40000 or 50000 kms and if you want your 45000 kms service also includd then by default you have to buy the 50000 km AMC plan - which surprise surprise is TWICE the price of the 40000 km plan.

So for 40000 kms 3 years is 18650 and 4 years (my plan) is 19895.

Whereas for 50000 kms 3 years is 37332 and 4 years is 38764.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by ebonho : 12th November 2014 at 15:38.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 15:39   #3598
Senior - BHPian

There is a article on Autocar India website comparing Safari Storme and new Scorpio. Can we have an exhaustive and unbiased comparative thread on these two vehicles on TEAM BHP? Others seems too biased or incomplete.

Experts help needed here.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:02   #3599
BHPian

Quote:
So for 40000 kms 3 years is 18650 and 4 years (my plan) is 19895.

Whereas for 50000 kms 3 years is 37332 and 4 years is 38764.
So does that mean that Tata expects trouble to start right about the 40000 km mark.

On a more serious note. How much real benefit does the AMC offer as against paying for services?
Old 12th November 2014, 16:12   #3600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
So does that mean that Tata expects trouble to start right about the 40000 km mark.

On a more serious note. How much real benefit does the AMC offer as against paying for services?
I think they have factored in the costs involved for the 45000 kms service when calculating the pric of the 50000 km AMC.

When quizzed why they could not have the AMCs for 15000, 30000, 45000, 60000 kms instead of 10000, 20000, 30000 and 40000 kms, I was told that the reason was because this was a template carried over from their small car segment where the service interval was 10000 kms and not 15000 kms.

But the spread sheet I was given by the compan says Storme Gold AMC, so that reasoning does not wash somehow ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks