Old 25th May 2016, 15:13   #4336

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
5. The wiper spray is now not aligned properly and is spraying partially on window and outside window as well
use a paper pin - insert the pointed end into the jet nozzle, and adjust the direction.

Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
I also plan to do WB/WA at Madhu's before giving it for servicing. Is this better or should i reverse the sequence.
either way is fine. Just tell them to Not do WA/WB during servicing. Even if it is free.

Originally Posted by rkg View Post
No, they do service Strome and Aria at Concorde, Opp Chirst college. My ARIA is serviced there only for the past two years
General perception has been that only the cars are serviced at Dairy cir center. Many years back, they sent my Sumo to Kudlu gate, even though it was a routine oil-change service.

However, bigger repairs, body shop work go to Kudlu gate.
Old 25th May 2016, 15:32   #4337
rkg

either way is fine. Just tell them to Not do WA/WB during servicing. Even if it is free.

General perception has been that only the cars are serviced at Dairy cir center. Many years back, they sent my Sumo to Kudlu gate, even though it was a routine oil-change service.

However, bigger repairs, body shop work go to Kudlu gate.
Yes body shop and bigger repairs go to Kudlu gate. but service is done here also

Concorde does not do WB and WL for ARIA and Safari at hosur road. they send these two cars to madhus. It seems their WB/Wl platform can not lift these two cars.

They have two bays for ARIA/Strome at Hosur road

Last edited by rkg : 25th May 2016 at 15:35.
Old 25th May 2016, 15:53   #4338

Originally Posted by rkg
It seems their WB/Wl platform can not lift these two cars.
What kind of platform do they need to do WA/WB ? Even Madhu's does the rotation with simple jacks.
Old 25th May 2016, 16:00   #4339
rkg

What kind of platform do they need to do WA/WB ? Even Madhu's does the rotation with simple jacks.
Madhus have pit type for Wheel alignment.
Concorde has a lift type system, where car is lifted for WA
This lift system can not take 2 + ton load. Thats what they have told me.
Even Madhus confirm that Safari and ARIA come to them for WA from Concorde, Hosur road.
I do not know about other Concorde service stations as i have never visited them
Old 25th May 2016, 16:07   #4340

Surprising. I have seen Lathangi Ford using such a platform, but they also service their Endy's there.

On another note, does your Odo show the running from Dairy Cir to Langford & back ?
Old 25th May 2016, 16:36   #4341
rkg

Surprising. I have seen Lathangi Ford using such a platform, but they also service their Endy's there.

On another note, does your Odo show the running from Dairy Cir to Langford & back ?
Generally I stand there and get the service done. Seen myself, their WB machine can not take 16" tyres( rather they don't have proper locking nut or some thing like that). Then they told me about WB/WA being done at Madhus. Later madhus confirmed to me the same.

Last edited by rkg : 25th May 2016 at 16:38.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 17:24   #4342

I went for engine oil replace between the 30-45,000 km cycle. I was told by the SA that the Gold AMC now covers only two services and though TATA will honour the 45 km service under the Gold AMC that I took 2 years ago, he still will have to check once with TATA. Anyone had similar experience of this recently.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 14:25   #4343

Seems like all the discussion has moved to the Varicor 400 thread. Nonetheless, completed 40,000 km in 26 months. As I have been reporting before, no issues whatsoever in the ride to highlight. My Blaupunkt LCD screen lost its touch capabilities and developed a mind of its own, it kept on increasing the volume changing mode by itself. Since the 2 year warranty was over, I went to a local shop who replaced the LCD screen with a new one for INR 1,700 and its working fine now.

Got a few basic external mod jobs. Black sticker along A/B pillars, front chrome grill that has STORME embossed and a dark tint on the third row side windows. Only thing left to do is smoking tail lamps that I should get done soon.
Old 12th August 2016, 22:37   #4344

Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
I went for engine oil replace between the 30-45,000 km cycle. I was told by the SA that the Gold AMC now covers only two services and though TATA will honour the 45 km service under the Gold AMC that I took 2 years ago, he still will have to check once with TATA. Anyone had similar experience of this recently.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Gold Amc essentially covers all services till the promised km or time, as per your service manual! They can't deny it. Even though they might have changed service interval to 20k.
It will also cover every running repair till the promised km or time, except tires, battery and bulbs.
I have exhausted all my gold Amc of 4yr or 1lac km without the Tasc saying anything about service interval. And am still continuing with the 15k service interval.

Last edited by stormerider : 12th August 2016 at 22:39.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 16:14   #4345

I have been inactive for quite some time now, but thought that I would tell the story of my Storme at one go.

I completed 2 years in May. No major problem - except the footwell coming off.

And then the problems started.

First, I had a small accident. A small crack on the front bumper and radiator grill.
But I did not have the time to give the car to the body shop - so continued driving.

We went on a long trip. Suddenly the boot got locked / jammed. Had to do some gymnastics to get the luggage out from the rear seat. (I am 6'2" and 100 kgs - I took this as the contribution of my car towards my weight loss agenda)

Then on 13 July suddenly my car stopped while taking a U turn on MG road in Delhi. Anyway, got the car towed to Arya Motors Gurgaon. More sweating.. in a suit no less, to get the car to the side. The car is really concerned about my health, I thought)

Timing belt failure.. the vehicle was serviced at Aristo Motors 2 weeks back.

Anyway since the vehicle was in the garage I asked them to get the body work done. 7 days for insurance approval, 7 additional days for parts to arrive -- I am hoping to get the car today (more than 1 month).

Now the fun part. The car is in my wife's name. Around 25th July she receives a call: "Mam, Arya Motors se bol raha hoon. Apke parts aa gaye hain, please gadi leke aa jayiye.." She was

My Wife: "gadi to aapke pas hi hain ... "
Him: "Achha, aap gadi leke nahi gaye the?"

My wife called me up, panicking.. I went there the next day and checked that the car was indeed there, but they had no clue that it was there it seems. SA said: "Month end tak ho jayga sir!"

Next - I receive a call on 3rd or 4th August. "Sir, I am speaking from Tata Motors Pune... Wanted to check if the vehicle you have taken delivery on 31st July is running ok.."
Myself: "The car is still at the workshop madam. It is not running, neither ok, nor non-ok."
Confusion. "Oh! Are you sure you have not taken delivery sir? Maybe someone in your house may have taken delivery...."
Myself: "In my house there are only 2 licensed drivers madam; me and my wife. And I am pretty sure neither of us have taken delivery of the car."

I was in Kochi for work. So I called the SA who assured me that the car was indeed there and it would take another 7 days to complete.

Yesterday I went there and saw the dicky still locked, drops of white paint on the Urban Bronze bonnet, and the car needing a wash. Asked them to correct all that and get the car ready tomorrow.

After 13 years of "boring" Maruti ownership, I like the new source of hilarity in my life. Wonder when or if the laughter would turn to tears.

Last edited by chinkara : 17th August 2016 at 16:16. Reason: Added content
chinkara is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 12:05   #4346

So I got the car back on Thursday. Overall work done seems satisfactory.
chinkara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 21:42   #4347

Originally Posted by chinkara View Post

And then the problems started.
How many kms on odo? Timing belt failure is a scary thing to happen. I suffered once with it on my 800 in middle of congested road.
Old 20th August 2016, 21:47   #4348

We went on a long trip. Suddenly the boot got locked / jammed.
One reason for this would be the luggage pressing against the lock lever of the rear door. Have had this issue, at the airport.

Maybe someone in your house may have taken delivery...."
Oh, yeah. May be the lady knows how to hide a Storme in her vanity bag ?
Old 22nd August 2016, 10:19   #4349

One reason for this would be the luggage pressing against the lock lever of the rear door.
That can be the case, but their might be an issue with the rear latch and lever. I have got the rear lockset replaced in warranty for more than 6 times in 3.5 years. It happens if you drive in sandy conditions or off road. Dust enters from under the chrome strip and gathers around the grease on the latch wire, jamming the movement and both inner and outer handles go free. Sometimes this jams the lock also.
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:17   #4350

I faced the rear door jamming issue this monsoon. Took it to SA and he said this has happened because of dust and rain which jams the locking system. The assemble was cleaned and the lock hinge was given a big blow with a heavy hammer so as to tilt it at a small angle on the inside. Its working fine now.

The door rattling issue had not surfaced ever since I had used the grease and tape method for the hinges, however my co pilot door was rattling for two weeks and its hinge too was rammed with a heavy hammer so as to tilt it a bit outwards. Its working fine now.

Couple of interesting points to note:

1) My Storme Lx is June 2014 and during delivery I was told that wiring for fog lights has not been provided. Whereas my ASS showed me the wire that is present near fog light slot and it can be fitted at their end. The only issue will be the switch, which he said a 50 Rs after market will do. Will get this done in my next service.

2) My headlight holder had burnt and to change it they had to completely take out the bumper as the light holder cannot be reached from inside. ASS told me that this is probably the only design flaw in an otherwise well thought of vehicle.