Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 10:01   #4441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
When you adjust the beam height, does it go up and then come down?
The right side lamp goes up and down as required.
The left on with the old unit used to go down on its own and rise when the headlight was turned on. That too to a very low level.
The new unit does not move at all. And is infact lighting up the area just 12 feet ahead of the car. A very problematic issue but just hadn't had the time to take it to Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath
Do all of them display this behaviour or is it restricted to one/few of them?
All of them show this behaviour. Sometimes just the front right speaker works. Sometimes just the front left. If both work, sometimes the sound is distorted. Weird issue.

Thanks

Last edited by aah78 : 21st September 2017 at 23:57. Reason: Post edited. Do not use in-line replies within quotes please.
Old 26th July 2017, 10:42   #4442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
It is 2100 RPM for 320.
Hi @condor, Confirming that the rpm is identical in the Varicor320 engine too, for that speed
dkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:40   #4443
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
My replies in bold.
On the HL front, it is either the HL levelling switch and the corresponding wiring.

The ICE issue is most likely with the output PCB, can be repaired but since you are under warranty, better to be replaced.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 13:54   #4444
BHPian

Hi Safari Owners & experts,

Posting on behalf of a friend. He owns a 2015 Safari Storme EX and is keen on getting his HLs upgraded to HIDs. The neighborhood accessories guy told him to fit HID bulbs in the present setup which I suggested him not to. I was recommending him Morimoto FX-R 3.0 with 50W D2S Philips bulbs. Any other suggestions or comments would help.

Also, since Storme uses Halogen projectors just for Low Beam and regular halogens for high beam, is it possible to retrofitfit a Bixenon setup like the Fortuner? That is,
Low beam: bixenon projectors Low
High beam: bixenon projectors High + Halogen High
Old 30th July 2017, 15:03   #4445
BHPian

Hi Chaps

Urgent resolution needed

Long time since i dropped in here. But thanks to missus working from a farther distance she has been using the truck. Went to Coorg 2 weeks back and managed to drive it after a very long time. During this period the beast did undergo some maintenance work. Timing belt changes, brake pads and battery along with a full service plus shifted to Michelin Lattitude Cross AT tyres. Road noise visibly reduced and the truck seems to have found itself a good pair of running shoes now. All in all quite ok

After service and battery change, a strange thing has happenned The truck seemed to have become very sensitive to proximity. When remotely locked and left at the parking lot, the truck detects something and quickly starts hooting and blinking with warning lights. This happens multiple times during the day and night, so much so that when the guy who cleans leans on the bonnet to reach the farthest part it screams at him. Sometimes it screams when the raindrops are a bit fat. Took the truck the service station and they said they have been able to resolve it. The issues stopped for 3 days and now it is back with a bang. The frustrating thing is that living in an apartment complex this has made life hell for people staying near the parking area and obviously has translated to our life becoming a bit of a challenge managing the raging anger of sleep deprived neighbours
Any suggestions on what the issue is and how to overcome
Also, suggestions on disabling the warning alarms for a couple of days will also help as i will go to TASS only by Wednesday or Thursday
Thanks in advance
Old 14th August 2017, 14:23   #4446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
active Subwoofer - interesting - placed in the rear door - What Size?.
Digging up an old point.

ACM, I don't think @ NMS mentioned the rear door part.

Either way, there is no space (depth) in the rear door to mount a sub-woofer. It may have been possible if they had NOT made the centre section of the rear door recessed ( where number plate is placed).

Inside the panel :
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stormereardoor.jpg
Old 21st September 2017, 18:41   #4447

Hello,

I have a 2013 Safari Storme & the clutch needs to be replaced I want to replace it with the one on the new Storme or Hexa (Varicor 400) both of which are softer than my model which is really heavy especially driving in peak hour traffic in Bangalore. Can anyone let me know what are the possible issues from such a swap & what is the expected cost?

Last edited by aah78 : 21st September 2017 at 23:56. Reason: Post edited.
Old 21st September 2017, 22:14   #4448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madred15 View Post
I have a 2013 Safari Storme & the clutch needs to be replaced I want to replace it with the one on the new Storme or Hexa both of which are softer than my model
The clutch that you are refering to is the Self-Adjusting type which is in the new 400 Nm version. This cannot be retrofitted into our version of Storme because there are too many components that are different.

Question - which TASS in bangalore are you getting this done at ?
Old 22nd September 2017, 01:45   #4449

I was planning to do it at KHT Motors I will check & update once I have more information about this
Old 22nd September 2017, 07:13   #4450
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to do it at KHT Motors I will check & update once I have more information about this
Talk to one Mr. Prem [not myself] of Concorde service centre in "off" Hosur Road. He would take good care of Safari

Prem.
Old 22nd September 2017, 07:34   #4451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This cannot be retrofitted into our version of Storme because there are too many components that are different.
Correct

Quote:
Hello,

Can anyone let me know what are the possible issues from such a swap & what is the expected cost?
Cost. Pls check the attachment. My 4th free service invoice where some of the clutch parts were replaced. I just mentioned casually to the SA to check if clutch was ok and this is what he did
Attached Files
File Type: pdf STORME 4TH SERVICE.pdf (76.6 KB, 522 views)
Old 22nd September 2017, 07:49   #4452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Cost. Pls check the attachment. My 4th free service invoice where some of the clutch parts were replaced.
@madred15, this is just the clutch & immediately related components. The new Storme's clutch system has a few more bigger components that are different and cant be changed. If it had been possible, I would have done it myself. Though I had asked Piyush of SOUL some time back, a friend confirmed that again recently. ( Thanks to him for the guidance ).
Old 25th September 2017, 13:35   #4453

So the last 2 days offered me some good opportunities to drive a good distance in varied roads & to my surprise I found the clutch still working well though not optimally. I am wondering how long will the clutch last? my car has run 57,000 kms I plan to anyways get it serviced so will check with SA too. Any inputs on clutch & other maintenance actions that need to be looked at in this service will be appreciated. Thank you
Old 26th September 2017, 10:02   #4454
BHPian

Quote:
So the last 2 days offered me some good opportunities to drive a good distance in varied roads & to my surprise I found the clutch still working well though not optimally. I am wondering how long will the clutch last? my car has run 57,000 kms I plan to anyways get it serviced so will check with SA too. Any inputs on clutch & other maintenance actions that need to be looked at in this service will be appreciated. Thank you
Hello,

My beast has also completed around 58K on odd and I recently was feeling that clutch was slightly harder as compared to when it was new. I contacted TASS and they attended to it and changed the release bearing rather than the complete clutch assembly and boy it was back to new condition!

The clutch is super soft to operate and the overall drive of the beast has improved considerably. I am a happy customer now!

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 16:08   #4455
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile, a small milestone - though took more time than I had expected.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme60k.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
My beast has also completed around 58K on odd and I recently was feeling that clutch was slightly harder .. and changed the release bearing rather than the complete clutch assembly and boy it was back to new condition!
What is the price of the part ? Would you have the Labor for just this part of the work done?

Last edited by aah78 : 27th September 2017 at 21:05. Reason: Posts merged on request.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks