Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 09:42   #4306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Thank you iVTec! How did the floods treat you?

We were spared from the fury, as my area was more or less unaffected. But my Honda City was due for 60K KM service and my SA at Sundaram motors informed that there is a huge pile up of flood affected cars. So, I got it serviced at Vijayawada as I drove down there immediately post the floods. One thing that is striking about these floods in Chennai is the number of cars, especially the luxury barges that have been impacted. However, the SUVs have escaped the nature's fury due to their higher stance.
Old 25th December 2015, 15:33   #4307
BHPian

Good to hear that ivtec! Yes there's a big pileup at All service centres.Even private mechanics have their hands full.My nano has been soaked to the bone and is doing time at a local workshop.planning to bring it back to shape and sell it.
Old 25th December 2015, 21:00   #4308
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Now they have the engine in better state of tune and new 6speed gearbox also to the vx trim.
Though I agree that It's still too much to ask.
Yep, the 400 NM/6 Speed justifies the differential between EX and VX looked at in isolation keeping VX320 out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Yes, I just booked an EX last week and had done the math around this.
Looks overpriced by maybe 30-40k. And the discounts offered are the same too.
Congratulations Seek !! Looking forward to your ownership report as soon as you get the delivery !!
Old 28th December 2015, 11:37   #4309
Senior - BHPian

I did a quick calculation on my overall cost of owning the beast and it worked out to around Rs18 per km over the 28 month period. If I factor the tax benefit I got due the lease plan, it works out to Rs14 per km.. Either ways it was a good deal I guess. But the smiles the beast put on my face everytime I fired it up was priceless.
Old 29th December 2015, 10:39   #4310
BHPian

Hello Guys, the stock wiper blades (syndicate) on my storme has started malfunctioning. Time for me to replace. Any recommendations for any particular model of wiper blades from Bosch? I tried googling specific info. but could not find anything from Bosch for Safari storme. Please advice
Old 29th December 2015, 10:45   #4311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I tried googling specific info. but could not find anything from Bosch for Safari storme. Please advice
The Bosch frameless blades are called Aerotwin. They come in all lengths.

All you need to do is measure/know the length of your right and left wiper blade and get a similar pair of Aerotwins.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 11:03   #4312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hello Guys, the stock wiper blades (syndicate) on my storme has started malfunctioning. Time for me to replace. Any recommendations for any particular model of wiper blades from Bosch? I tried googling specific info. but could not find anything from Bosch for Safari storme. Please advice
Have you taken the Gold AMC ? if you have, pls note that you get 1 wiper blade replacement per year free
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 15:18   #4313
BHPian

Just wanted to share information on the minor mishap that happened today morning while I was on my way to office. At a traffic intersection, a truck started rolling back and hit the beast on the right side of the bonnet resulting in dents and scratches on the bonnet.

Luckily, nothing happened to the headlamp assembly or the bumper and truck just went ahead as if nothing happened. Since I was in heavy traffic, hence could not get down and talk to the truck driver about it.

Took the beast to the service centre in Ghaziabad and they told me that it could be repaired and brought to the same condition as it was before and also I am not claiming the insurance as the total estimate is coming around 4000 INR. They have promised the delivery in 2 days.

Have I done the right thing by not claiming the insurance as I thought that I would lose of the No Claim Bonus if I claimed which might be more that what I am required to pay from the pocket right now?

Also, getting the bonnet repaired rather than replacement is a good choice or not? Please comment.

Now just hoping that the injury to the beast heals fast and she is back to where she belongs i.e. on the road.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image1.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image2.jpg  

Old 12th January 2016, 17:42   #4314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Have I done the right thing by not claiming the insurance as I thought that I would lose of the No Claim Bonus if I claimed which might be more that what I am required to pay from the pocket right now?

Also, getting the bonnet repaired rather than replacement is a good choice or not? Please comment.
Cheers!
Perfectly fine to go ahead with the repair. 4k for such a huge bonnet is really a surprise and you should just go-ahead with it. Since it is from showroom as well, the paint quality will be maintained and you will see the same beast of yours back to life
anup7649 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 15:14   #4315
ISO
BANNED

From the photographs above, really shines the paint job of TATA. it is sad to see scratches on the bonnet.
Old 13th January 2016, 15:47   #4316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
From the photographs above, really shines the paint job of TATA. it is sad to see scratches on the bonnet.
Indeed it is very sad to see the dents and scratches on the beast. I cannot describe that feeling in words how I felt when the beast got hit. Its recuperating now and should be back in another day or so.

The paint job on Safari Storme is absolutely brilliant and I just had a paint protection done around a month back which further enhanced the shine which is very evident in the pics.

Cheers!
Old 13th January 2016, 18:04   #4317
BHPian

TASS have a new process in place for ensuring customer satisfaction surveys are undertaken in right honesty by the dealers. The dealers have been asked to take a pic with the owner of the vehicle serviced, its number clearly visible and parked inside the service bay along with a token gift. This pic goes to the HO along with the feedback form that the customer has filled.
Old 27th January 2016, 07:25   #4318
Distinguished - BHPian

Power Steering pump replaced on my Storme, under warranty.

There was an oil leak, and though the leak was fixed on 3rd try, there was a grinding noise coming when turning. Prerana Motors @ Peenya, Bangalore did an excellent job, taking care of this - and couple of other items - including the alignment issue that I have. Thanks to the team there !

Just that in this particular instance, the warranty verification process ( that the part is faulty) took a little more time than expected, and also delivery of parts from Pune. But overall, happy & satisfied !
Old 17th May 2016, 07:32   #4319
BHPian

This thread has gone muted for sometime now. Seems that the early adopters of Storme are quite happy and there are not too many niggling issues with the vehicle after 3 years of ownership. Please correct me if i am wrong

1. My a/c seems to be working a bit laboriously. Takes a longer time to cool, but it might be because of the unprecedented heat. However, when i switch on the rear a/c, there is a tic noise that is quite pronounced. Any one has had similar experiences ?

2. The clutch seems to have hardened a bit. Need to figure out what the issue seems to be

Is EMM EMM motors still a good place to give now that all my extended warranties are over or is there a mutli brand service center in North Bangalore which is trusted for Storme service. Any inputs would be very welcome
Old 17th May 2016, 07:42   #4320
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed the 50k mark in 3 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
2. The clutch seems to have hardened a bit. Need to figure out what the issue seems to be
Get it checked for hardness. May need some repalcements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks