Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2019, 17:39   #4546
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

After 6.5 years of use, the batteries in my remote look not usable any more. It uses 2x CR2016 type.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img20191016wa0001.jpeg

Last edited by condor : 16th October 2019 at 17:41.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 00:22   #4547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Dears, need some help on how to replace the fog lamp bulbs of storme. Is it easily accessible through the wheel well or should the whole bumper needs to be removed?
Hi,
If you need to replace the bulbs in the fog lamps you would need to remove the bumper to access them, there is no space at all to even touch them from the front grill (when removed). Fog lamp uses h3 55w bulbs.
varun560061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 18:35   #4548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
Hi,
If you need to replace the bulbs in the fog lamps you would need to remove the bumper to access them, there is no space at all to even touch them from the front grill (when removed). Fog lamp uses h3 55w bulbs.
there should be no need to remove the bumper. the fogs are accesible from behind the bumper so if you put it on a vehicle lift or crawl underneath, it should be doable.

I'm speaking from my experience with my 2.2 dicor.
Old 22nd October 2019, 18:37   #4549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
there should be no need to remove the bumper.

That is the difference. Dicor vs Storme. Varun has helped me also with the Storme, and he is correct here.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 20:06   #4550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
there should be no need to remove the bumper. the fogs are accesible from behind the bumper so if you put it on a vehicle lift or crawl underneath, it should be doable.

In the dicor the fogs are accessible from under the bumper, in the Storme and the Hexa, you need to undo the wheel well cladding.
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:35   #4551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
In the dicor the fogs are accessible from under the bumper, in the Storme and the Hexa, you need to undo the wheel well cladding.
Thanks. Will try that once I am back home in December. Hope it works!
Old 29th October 2019, 20:26   #4552
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello fellow Storme owners, I read about the poor fuel lid opening mechanism in Storme. I haven't had such issue in all of 6 years I had my Dicor with me.

Today I was absolutely frustrated to find myself at the fuel pump, and the fuel lid of my storme wouldn't budge open. I tried opening through the rear door but lack of light(cabin light was insufficient and my mobile was dead) left me returning back home without refuelling. I called my driver and he says it happens frequently and he has to open it manually, almost every time. After spending 17 lakhs on a product which isn't even 18 months old yet, and having to go through this, makes me think about never going again to Tata showroom for a new car.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 29th October 2019 at 20:28.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 18:49   #4553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Today I was absolutely frustrated to find myself at the fuel pump, and the fuel lid of my storme wouldn't budge open. I tried opening through the rear door but lack of light(cabin light was insufficient and my mobile was dead) left me returning back home without refuelling. I called my driver and he says it happens frequently and he has to open it manually, almost every time. After spending 17 lakhs on a product which isn't even 18 months old yet, and having to go through this, makes me think about never going again to Tata showroom for a new car.
Its a well known issue not just on Storme but on quite a few other cars that have an electromagnetic fuel lid opener. The first thing I checked on the Nexon was whether it has a basic cable driven fuel lid . Thankfully it does. Some times simple things are better.

You should have asked the fuel bunk operator for mobile light to open it from the manual opener in the boot. They are infact used to opening it for customers & would have obliged. I have seen them do it many times to help totally confused owners who aren't aware of the internal fuel opener.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 19:04   #4554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I tried opening through the rear door but lack of light(cabin light was insufficient and my mobile was dead)
Does your (newer) Storme not come with the rear roof-mount lamp ? We have one on the roof, just inside the tail gate.

In case you dont, you could try something like this:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post1986838 (Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Turbo)
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 18:58   #4555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Does your (newer) Storme not come with the rear roof-mount lamp ? We have one on the roof, just inside the tail gate.
The Stormes that are manufactured after September 2016 does not have 3rd roof mount lamp. Just a cost reduction from TATA.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 19:13. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Prateek19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 14:12   #4556

Folks, I recently relocated to Kolkata from Hyderabad, due to which I sold off my 5 years old Storme.
Am looking to buy a Storme in Kolkata (second hand) preferrably 2014-15 make. Kolkata Storme lovers please help incase you have any leads on a good vehicle on resale.

Mods - please assist incase this post is offtopic.

Last edited by Stormed : 21st November 2019 at 14:16.
Old 24th November 2019, 20:05   #4557
Distinguished - BHPian

79000 km on the odo today. About 6 yrs, 7 months. And incidentally that is 79 months . Would have loved it if I had run it more.

The Storme is doing fine. The only change I am thinking of at this time is to replace the low-beams with HID instead of the stock halogens. If I do then it will be 55w 4300k HID's.

Of late, have ended up twice in sticky situations where a 4x4 was required. Had to get help once, but managed to get out the second time. Both times - slushy soil. But no plans to change, though have an eye out for another model. If doubly lucky, will find a 4x4 on that.

That apart, no worries.

Last edited by condor : 24th November 2019 at 20:11.
condor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 10:21   #4558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
79000 km on the odo today. About 6 yrs, 7 months. And incidentally that is 79 months . Would have loved it if I had run it more.
What a lovely coincidence! Congratulations on the milestone Condor!
Quote:
The Storme is doing fine. The only change I am thinking of at this time is to replace the low-beams with HID instead of the stock halogens. If I do then it will be 55w 4300k HID's.
Do ensure that the dust-caps are good & hard. If they are rubber based, the HID wires going through them cause tiny movements & the beam edge vibrates on rough roads. I suggest you replace the dust caps with a harder set if you can during this upgrade.

In case you need some pointers for good suppliers for these conversion kits - PM Me please. Recently I dealt with quite a few of them for my own car upgrade research!
Quote:
Of late, have ended up twice in sticky situations where a 4x4 was required.
This is how the new car itch starts...
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 11:18   #4559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow Storme owners, I read about the poor fuel lid opening mechanism in Storme. I haven't had such issue in all of 6 years I had my Dicor with me.

No issues in 4 years plus of ownership. Its a small issue that is easily taken care of. Not something on which you should be questioning your decision to buy the Storme.
Old 25th November 2019, 11:23   #4560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
No issues in 4 years plus of ownership. Its a small issue that is easily taken care of. Not something on which you should be questioning your decision to buy the Storme.
I can understand what you feel. I had a fuss free Safari Dicor for 6 years too. But guess what, we tend to adjust ourselves around the inadequacies of the Safari as a product. For an example, almost all safaris/stormes have rattling rear child seats or tailgate(not on Storme though).

The fixes have always proved to be temporary. I am nitpicking, yes! But when other brands can provide vehicles without such issues, why can't Tata work on them?
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks