Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2015, 17:42   #3796
BHPian

I am in coonoor now. Today while traveling to Emerald Lake I was following a bus and there were sounds coming like it is miss firing. However. While returning I realised the sound was coming from my beast. The sound is like sometimes a scooter or buses miss fire. I stopped and checked under the body to check if there are any lose dangling parts, but nothing. However soon after the sound stopped. Any pointers?
Old 1st February 2015, 19:12   #3797
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Fuel adulteration is one of the commonest causes.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 19:25   #3798
Senior - BHPian

Completed 11k kms in about 6 months of ownership in my pearl white VX. Nothing significant to report except the intoxicating thrill in munching highway miles at 3.5k rpm in 5th gear. One interesting observation though, the only sound I observed was the intermediate metal on metal contact sound heard when passing through mildly rough patches, the issue was finally resolved by TASS Ooty, who placed rubber plugs on the rear jump seat plastic struts and on the middle row metal struts (holding the seats in place), and voila a fully silent truck. Unlike the previous iteration (2.2 Dicor) the only sound this beast makes on any kind of rough roads is a firm thud thud and no squeaks or rattles.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:19   #3799
BHPian

New accessories launched. Here's a link to accessories kit page.
http://www.tatasafari.com/static/saf...sories-kit.php
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:48   #3800
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesnt seem much there in the list. There are more accessories on that Storme in the pic than there are in the page
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:53   #3801
BHPian

That's right condor. Most of them are useless, but I am really interested in that chrome bar used for fog lights. Need to see how it's mounted. I run a similar setup for Hellas on my UFO.
Old 3rd February 2015, 09:37   #3802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
New accessories launched. Here's a link to accessories kit page.
http://www.tatasafari.com/static/saf...sories-kit.php
Exactly what is meant by body wrap?
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:41   #3803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Exactly what is meant by body wrap?
The term is meant for vinyl wraps used to cover the whole body or a part in order to change the look and colour of the vehicle altogether. It comes in dull, glossy and printed shades. IMO, its expensive and doesn't look good either, leave aside the work i have seen on few super cars. But then they are super cars and Can look good even if my 7 year old daughter would have used her crayons on them
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:02   #3804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
The term is meant for vinyl wraps used to cover the whole body or a part in order to change the look and colour of the vehicle altogether. It comes in dull, glossy and printed shades. IMO, its expensive and doesn't look good either, leave aside the work i have seen on few super cars. But then they are super cars and Can look good even if my 7 year old daughter would have used her crayons on them
Thanks for the explanation.

In the picture at Storme site, it is the bumpers and side cladding that has been body wrapped to make it matt black. Why can't TM simply leave them unpainted? The same result will be achieved at far less cost. I hate body coloured bumpers!
directinjection is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 23:36   #3805
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted Black Storme on near Ejipura signal today evening, around 8. Who is it ?
KA .... 1063
Old 6th February 2015, 09:41   #3806
BHPian

Came back after a quick trip from Coonoor. ODO stands at 3105 Kms. Truck performed immaculately in the hilly regions and was comfortable at high speeds (read within 100 Km/hr) in highways. There were 2-3 instances where i heard the "mis-fire" kind of sound, but it vanished soon after and never resurfaced. I believed it was due to adulterated diesel which KPN Pump at Salem gave me (as ortho-surgeon pointed out).

Total Trip Distance: 1263 Kms
Diesel Consumed: 91.04 Litres
Effective "kitna diya": 13.87Km/Litre

I have a Chennai - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Trivandrum - Chennai trip coming up in March.

Few snaps from the Coonoor trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc00420-1280x853.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc00460.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc00496-1280x853.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc00473-1280x853.jpg  

hyper-VTEC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 09:19   #3807
Senior - BHPian

The Storme explorer edition kit came with a lot of goodies, I have installed it on my VX at the time of delivery. I got the body decals, the front nudge guard, rubber floor mats, door visors, the touchscreen music system, a tyre inflation kit and slime kit, chrome garnish on the lights all for Rs 45000. I feel its good value for money, especially when considering buying them separately and the quality and fit and finish are quite decent.
I am not sure if this combi package is available even now, what I see new is the body wrap and the small bar to mount lights and the blackened alloy wheels. Also in the pic the bigger off road tires, are they sure these bigger tires don't affect wheel clearance and turning?
Old 8th February 2015, 10:51   #3808
Senior - BHPian

Guys am facing a small issue. To recently I had an old blackberry handset which was paired to the alpine system and used to connect automatically whenever am in the car and turn the key on. Recently got S4 and got it pairs but I need to keep connecting every time I get into the car
I checked the settings but couldn't find any issue. is there any thing I'm missing here?
Old 9th February 2015, 13:05   #3809
BHPian

Hi,

Good to be back on this forum in 2015 after a long break. My truck has completed 25k and 16 months. Quick update on my longest drive on my truck. Drove to MP from Jaipur covering 2600 Kms in 11 days covering locations Orchha, Khajuraho, Jhansi, Panna, Kanha, Pench, Pachmarhi, Bhopal, Kota. Amazing experience throughout MP (beafutiful forest and roads throughout, except for strech from Bhopal to Kota, where my truck got hit on back bumper by some stone and broke black plastic cladding....) Truck rode well on very well laid roads, no roads, jungles, hills, villages with equal ease. Got lost twice once driving towards orchha near AGra in dense fog and again in Pench (because of reliance on google maps !!)...Will post some pics soon.

Now have to get the bumper fixed (black plastic under the bumper)....
Old 9th February 2015, 13:08   #3810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys am facing a small issue. To recently I had an old blackberry handset which was paired to the alpine system and used to connect automatically whenever am in the car and turn the key on. Recently got S4 and got it pairs but I need to keep connecting every time I get into the car
I checked the settings but couldn't find any issue. is there any thing I'm missing here?
In samsung phones you need to save password for bluetooth on your device. once done it will remember it and connect everytime you get into the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks