Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2015, 07:39   #3886
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I got the info from storme manual.
Thanks. For all the years i've been driving cars, i always checked oil levels after the car has been sitting idle for atleast 6-8 hours.
Old 30th March 2015, 08:03   #3887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hyper-VTEC : Thanks. For all the years i've been driving cars, i always checked oil levels after the car has been sitting idle for atleast 6-8 hours.
@Hyper-VTEC: the manual does not say that the oil should Not be checked later than 30 minutes of switching off the engine .

The idea is to not check when the engine has just been shut off. Checking on cold engine is just fine. Just like we check air pressure on cold tyres.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 19:30   #3888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Is anyone here using magnetic sun shades on their truck? Summers have started with a vengeance in Delhi and it has become imperative to get some shade on the windows. I have tried to buy 2 sets till now (one from the market and one online); however, none has fit the storme properly. Will appreciate any headway into this from someone who has used them and found a brand which works. The problem I have faced is that the size is not as per the windows and every time I open the door, they fall out.
I am using magnetic sun shades, its good... can't go without one in Jaipur summers. Got these from Delhi...online purchase. Need to check the receipts w.r.t. to which company. Though they are no exact fit, but stick on window /door frame. However They do not fall off and I have set of 6 shades for all windows.

Hey got it from AutoFurnish, price was 3799/- Website address is www.autofurnish.com

Last edited by sunit5 : 30th March 2015 at 19:35.
Old 1st April 2015, 11:55   #3889
BHPian

Indian Autos Blog says, Tata Safari Storme FaceLift to be out in two weeks.

Safari Storme facelift will get subtle exterior changes. A new, Land Rover like grille and a mesh-type design for the airdam were the only changes observed in spyshots. Another minor change is that the front fenders of the SUV would sport new ‘Varicor 400′ badges, highlighting the improved engine

The Link...http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/t...n-april-175197
Old 2nd April 2015, 00:17   #3890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
I am using magnetic sun shades, its good... can't go without one in Jaipur summers. Got these from Delhi...online purchase. Need to check the receipts w.r.t. to which company. Though they are no exact fit, but stick on window /door frame. However They do not fall off and I have set of 6 shades for all windows.

Hey got it from AutoFurnish, price was 3799/- Website address is www.autofurnish.com
I checked out a few sun shades on ebay and almost all the customised magnetic shades were in the range was 1100-1500. Wonder how does one find out the quality? Anybody bought them from ebay?

I hope they don't increase the prices and bring it down at par with its arch rival Scorpio which has been positioned quite strategically in terms of pricing and features. A 4x4 lx with at least two air bags as standard across the variants is the need of the hour. They are gonna leave the competition miles behind if they understand the market pulse at this crucial time.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd April 2015 at 01:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged, thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 01:02   #3891
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Will try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I checked out a few sun shades on ebay and almost all the customised magnetic shades were in the range was 1100-1500. Wonder how does one find out the quality? Anybody bought them from ebay?
None of these will work. I have now tried most of them and unfortunately none fit perfectly despite stating they are for storme. Will try the auto furnish ones and update.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd April 2015 at 01:14. Reason: Fixed quotes, thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 07:33   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

None of these will work. I have now tried most of them and unfortunately none fit perfectly despite stating they are for storme. Will try the auto furnish ones and update.
I remember seeing the fixed pull up shades for all windows for the Safari/Storme in their online accessory store in the website. I am not sure if it is being sold or not. Can someone confirm?
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:35   #3893
BHPian

Quote:

I am using these from last one yr, these are good. Only issue is that the joint in the frame breaks, but still it sticks. Will share photos soon... need to take them out from store and start using it as its getting hot now in Jaipur.
Old 5th April 2015, 17:24   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
I am using these from last one yr, these are good. Only issue is that the joint in the frame breaks, but still it sticks. Will share photos soon... need to take them out from store and start using it as its getting hot now in Jaipur.

Finally got something that works. These are a bit smaller than the normal ones and don't cover the entire front window. But still they manage to wedge between the beading and prevent excessive heating. Will update photos later.
Old 7th April 2015, 20:28   #3895
BHPian

For those who don't believe in Storme's capabilities

psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 20:34   #3896
BHPian

Have been observing a couple of pain points lately which are quite worrying:

1. Engine has off late become quite noisy. A distinct tak-tak sound comes on idling which never came earlier. Showed this to the SA at Concorde Mathura Road who also found it abnormal but was dismissed by the folks on the floor. The sound is still there and engine noise inside the cabin had gone up but they are not accepting it

2. After the truck is driven in traffic for a while with frequent clutch presses, the car shivers / trembles / jumps on releasing the clutch. This is amplified by driving in traffic but is fine if clutch is used less. Could this be a problem with the clutch?

Look forward to some inputs and accordingly will take it up with Concorde.

Rahul
Old 13th April 2015, 23:06   #3897
BHPian

Quote:

1. Engine has off late become quite noisy. A distinct tak-tak sound comes on idling which never came earlier. Showed this to the SA at Concorde Mathura Road who also found it abnormal but was dismissed by the folks on the floor. The sound is still there and engine noise inside the cabin had gone up but they are not accepting it

2. After the truck is driven in traffic for a while with frequent clutch presses, the car shivers / trembles / jumps on releasing the clutch. This is amplified by driving in traffic but is fine if clutch is used less. Could this be a problem with the clutch?

Rahul
Mathura road SA has a pretty good reputation. If you aren't satisfied, tell them straight that you are going to escalate the matter. And if you do have the AMC, then you got absolutely nothing to worry about. Even otherwise, you should go with your own gut, instead of taking their word and get the clutch thoroughly checked.
Old 14th April 2015, 03:21   #3898
BHPian

Quote:

Rahul
Hi Rahul

The tak-tak during idling could be an issue with the injectors. This would also cause the engine to run rough and noisy. Hope this helps.

If your majority driving is in city traffic, have you done a highway trip since the issue started? Sometimes a highway trip with engine under load can give it an Italian tuneup that clears out slight clogging of injectors. System-D additive can also help with this.
param22k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 09:12   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Mathura road SA has a pretty good reputation. If you aren't satisfied, tell them straight that you are going to escalate the matter. And if you do have the AMC, then you got absolutely nothing to worry.
I have the gold AMC cover for 4 yrs and 60K Kms. What all does checking the clutch entail? Sometime back they bled it and said it was fine! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Hi Rahul

The tak-tak during idling could be an issue with the injectors. This would also cause the engine to run rough and noisy. Hope this helps.

If your majority driving is in city traffic, have you done a highway trip since the issue started? Sometimes a highway trip with engine under load can give it an Italian tuneup that clears out slight clogging of injectors. System-D additive can also help with this.

Most of these issues have cropped up since the last service done around a month and 900 kms back. Haven't done any highway trip either. Do you recommend getting the injectors cleaned / changed or something else? Thanks.

Last edited by noopster : 14th April 2015 at 12:17. Reason: Fixed quote tag
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 11:48   #3900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Excellent point. Sadly my weekends are reserved for my bikes, and my Storme clogs her arterries on Pune city roads ferrying me to office and back on weekdays. But I've been meaning to do this (a highway blast on Saturday night with the kids to Lonavala or something similar) for some time now. Thanks for the input.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks