Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2014, 01:09   #3136
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I suspect that the dust accumulation on that glass is happening due to faulty beading. I check mine and they were loose. In fact cleaning the outside with a toothbrush, I even saw a minor gap between the glass and beading which is the main culprit and allowing dust to gather inside. I have never driven my truck with windows down so no other way of dust getting inside. Even the rear door allows for some dust to enter the car.
So thats practically the first manufacturing "defect" we have come across or is it just a problem with a particular lot. Other storme owners, please check the same and confirm.
Old 29th July 2014, 07:09   #3137
BHPian

I have a 2014 Storme and have done 5200kms in 4 months. I have not faced the problem yet even on dusty offroad tracks.
Old 29th July 2014, 07:55   #3138
Distinguished - BHPian

Mostly only some Storme's. I do not have that problem, and Storme'd's Storme is just the third one I have heard with dust ingress. With regards to the other one I had mentioned - that Storme is used a lot where there are no roads.
Old 29th July 2014, 11:22   #3139
Senior - BHPian

I have small leaves that get under the outer edge of beading and are difficult to pry out while washing the buffalo. Does that count?

Speaking of washing, I have taken to washing her only once a week on the weekends while the rains last. The rest of the week she is free to enjoy herself wallowing in the mud like a water buffalo.

Is it possible to reduce the side spash by putting wider mudflaps only for the monsoons? Somehow I do not see Dicors having the same extent of side splash muddiness like the Stormes. The entire side cladding is covered in mud. As is the entire tailgate. I just have the wiper pattern clean front and back.

Last edited by ebonho : 29th July 2014 at 11:26.
Old 30th July 2014, 12:00   #3140
BHPian

Got my second service done on 24th, which solved the issues of vibrating window glass and rattling doors. However the Right tweeter (which was not working for long) wasn't replaced as SA was reluctant to replace it under warranty. After a long discussion he agreed to put-up a request to Alpine, and kept the faulty tweeter.
Though it was a matter of few hundred bucks only, I didn't agree to buy one as I want to check the process of availing warranty on third-party items. Unlike battery, I wasn't given any warranty card for Alpine HU / speakers, so don't know how to prove my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Ok, I'm facing an issue of some minor dust ingress from the beading of the rear door quarter glass (both sides). Anyone has this problem? Dusty guys like me (living in dusty areas, that is), like YGarg and Garyag79 and Stormerider could check? Will post a pic from the comp (TBhp does not have a Windows Phone app yet).
Thanks for calling me dusty .
But I haven't found any dust accumulation on the rear quarter glass so far so can't comment on it. However, I suspect the quality of beading because IIRC somebody on this forum has reported water seepage through this glass beading also.
If you want to check the integrity of beading, you can pour few mugs (or buckets) of water from outside and check on the inside.
Old 30th July 2014, 18:40   #3141
BHPian

hey, i jus wanted to confirm 1 thing. I went for the TD of the Storme today. The SE told me that the new versions of the Storme are not coming with the factory fitted alpine music system, not even on the VX varient. :what:

Can someone please help by shedding some light on this matter?
Old 30th July 2014, 19:35   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
hey, i jus wanted to confirm 1 thing. I went for the TD of the Storme today. The SE told me that the new versions of the Storme are not coming with the factory fitted alpine music system, not even on the VX varient. :what:

Correct. They stopped it months back. Hopefully the refreshed version will come will media player
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 20:32   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post

That is correct. The 2014 model has seen the following two downgrades.
  1. Music system is not a standard fitment anymore.
  2. Leather seats have been replaced with fabric seats.
My Storme is from the first lot of the 2014 model. I was surprised to see the downgrades at the time of delivery.

I, in fact, liked both the downgrades because
  1. The buyer now has the freedom of choosing a music system better than the below average quality stock Alpine unit.
  2. I think with a decent art leather seat cover, the fabric seats look almost the same as the leather ones and keep looking better in the long run. It does not require much maintenance and the buyer always has the option of changing the seat covers when they start looking bad.
The dealer had actually compensated me with a top spec'd Sony music system with 4 speakers and a set of good quality art leather seat cover since I was not intimated of the changes before the delivery date.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 21:07   #3144
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Got my extended warranty and amc certificate sans the booklet from the dealer today. Harvinder from aristo motors told me that tata has launched a customer service scheme in which if a storme or aria stays in a workshop for more than 2 days for general service simple repairs then Tata will pay to the customer 2000 rupees per day. This obviously excludes accidental repairs for which estimate of beyond 2 days is given.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 08:45   #3145
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav have you got your RC yet? Aristo gave me another temp registration receipt since one month was up in my earlier registration
Old 31st July 2014, 10:05   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Gaurav have you got your RC yet? Aristo gave me another temp registration receipt since one month was up in my earlier registration
Not yet, Harvinder told me that since these guys are new they dont have a middleman at the RTO, infact he was saying for a lot of vehicles sold by them RCs are pending, all files he is expecting to get cleared next week.

All Senior sales people including regional and city level SAs or star performers have been busy with Bolt till its launch. He said that its an issue with all dealerships where at the moment it is difficult to locate the main SAs.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 10:12   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

Brother has a VX. The preparation was as simple as getting a good service done, checking all fluid levels, brake, clutch etc. We did not carry any spares. Tata had informed that there are numerous service centres all along and yes there were. We found 6-8 Tata service centres from Jammu upwards till Leh. Some are trucks only but tools and minor spares are available for all Tata vehicles. Leh also has a numerous Tata repair shops. One of them is authorised.
Curious to know if your brother's VX is 4X4.
Old 31st July 2014, 10:17   #3148
BHPian

Hi Guys...Got my third service @15 k Kms done day before yesterday. No issues as of now. Very satisfied with this Beauty!
Old 31st July 2014, 10:22   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Curious to know if your brother's VX is 4X4.
No its a 2 WD. And I must say the power is more than adequate. In fact all through our Leh drive we never felt the need for a 4WD. Hundreds of Xylos and Innovas drive all over Leh besides A Star, Beat, i10, Santro etc.

I did ask my brother if he wanted 2WD or 4WD. He said the wait period of a 4WD was way longer and he decided not to wait that long.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 18:36   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Need some input: I feel the vehicle is running a little rough (engine) after the 15K service. Should I take it and get the diagnostics run? Maybe a reset? Will they do it? Will it help? Anyone done this nefore? Its at 16850km now.

Regarding ORVMs, both my ORVMs have a small sticker saying 'MANUAL' stuck on the glass, though they are electric operated in my car. What does that mean/ QC issues at plant? Or they simply have the same glass in both electric and manual ones?
Hi Sasi,

did you get this checked as I am also facing same issue after 15K service and my KM are also aroung 16k.

One more issue i noticed is that right side rear tyre wear on outer side is little more then other tyres... I just got the rear shockers changed under warrnty at 15K service, is that causing this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks