Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 11:28   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemedpunter View Post
Brought an astern black EX a couple of weeks back(June 2014 manufactured). Facing some weird noise (difficult to articulate :-) ), when the rev counter is in 1500-1800 range, which smoothens out after that. This happens especially in the 3rd and 4th gear. Because I am still in the run-in period so not taking it higher than 2000 revs. Never faced these kind of noises in my diesel Punto though. Am I being paranoid or should I take it across to the service center and get it checked?
P.S. :- Right now I am located in NCR.

Definitely you should take it to TASS. Its impossible to diagnose and fix such issues in an online forum. But do remember to come back and post complete details of what this "issue" was and what was the fix
Old 25th August 2014, 13:08   #3242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
How did you get delivery without a number in Delhi?
Its possible that if you are buying a vehicle from Gurgaon and want to register in Delhi, the dealer gives you the vehicle first and gets it registered later.

Happened with me when we bought our duster from Gurgaon.

However, the temporary number is valid for a month as far as my knowledge goes.
Old 25th August 2014, 13:28   #3243
BHPian

The LX variant of Storme costs 12 lacs on road in Bangalore.

I am seriously considering it.

I have only ONE question.

IS THE STORME A RELIABLE VEHICLE?

Reliability for me is paramount. I do long trips usually very early in the morning or late at night. I've never had a problems with the swift (80,000km) and Ritz (60000 kms) so far. Touchwood!
Old 25th August 2014, 13:50   #3244
BHPian

Second service done at Aristo Motors. I wasnt facing any issues so it was just the usual check up and cleaning. Vehicle was delivered to me in 2 hours and well cleaned.

Saw Zest at the workshop and loved the interiors and quality of materials. Guru told me that the new Storme is coming this Diwali for sure and with the Zest ICE.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 14:25   #3245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post

Reliability for me is paramount. I do long trips usually very early in the morning or late at night. I've never had a problems with the swift (80,000km) and Ritz (60000 kms) so far. Touchwood!
There are'nt much failures reported and also there is no "niggles" thread on the Storme. Mechanically it is reliable but it is to be noted that there are rattles and squeaks that are cosmetic niggles.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 25th August 2014 at 14:28.
Old 25th August 2014, 14:32   #3246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Typically all cars sold these days which are serviced at stipulated intervals work reliable enough to be taken on early morning or late night long trips. The Storme is one of those typical cars.
Old 25th August 2014, 14:41   #3247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have only ONE question. -
Know of one vehicle that has crossed 60k in less than 2 years. Fellow members Fortuner71 & Sasi Menon are also clocking some good numbers.
Old 25th August 2014, 17:48   #3248
Senior - BHPian

@ortho_surgeon: I am also an ortho surgeon. At SPARSH, Bangalore. Please be warned that Lx does not have 2nd row air conditioning which is absolutely essential if rear seat is used. Also remember a face lift is expected soon. I was also looking to pick up one and had visited Aadhya. But now put things on hold. And hoping to get a better deal.
Old 25th August 2014, 18:08   #3249
BHPian

@ Ortho Surgeon: I can say, it is a reliable vehicle. I also happen to have LX, and has run 48500 in 18 months. I did have a breakdown (gear lever pin fell) when i had to call the on road assistance. I have had few warranty replacements, but never a hassle. Squeaks are there, but still a nice vehicle.

@Narayan- Got my turbo replaced finally. As per the SA, they have changed the vendor for turbo, but when I showed him that both the new and the old turbo were made by Garrett, he called in there technical person. This guy told me that TATA has asked Garrett to alter the design of the turbine a bit in the new turbo. Not convinced, but atleast the taking off sound is now gone.

Last edited by stormerider : 25th August 2014 at 18:13.
Old 25th August 2014, 19:33   #3250

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Definitely you should take it to TASS. Its impossible to diagnose and fix such issues in an online forum. But do remember to come back and post complete details of what this "issue" was and what was the fix
Thanks @narayan for the advise. Took it to TASS and it seems to be a mount issue and that the bushes seem to be causing the issue. Not sure if I am explaining it well. Rectification should take about half an hour or so. Will be getting it done over the weekend and then post what all has exactly been done.
Old 25th August 2014, 21:30   #3251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
@Narayan- Got my turbo replaced finally. As per the SA, they have changed the vendor for turbo, but when I showed him that both the new and the old turbo were made by Garrett, he called in there technical person. This guy told me that TATA has asked Garrett to alter the design of the turbine a bit in the new turbo. Not convinced, but atleast the taking off sound is now gone.
Even I doubt what the SA says otherwise all of us would be facing this sound. Stormerider, at what kms did your above issues surface ?
Old 25th August 2014, 21:57   #3252
BHPian

@wildsdi5530 If I ever buy a Storme, it will be Lx.

Tata vehicles are depreciation disasters, so want to go for the cheapest variant. I think the front AC will be enough, as very rarely the rear seats will be occupied.

Guys we have had 2 Tata vehicles with us, the problem starts after warranty expires. I just hope the servicing and quality of parts has improved.

@narayan. Even the Safari Dicor had a problem with the Turbo charger.

I just don't have the patience and the time to dance behind the service center to get my work done. But if things have changed now, then its excellent.

Xuv 500 w6 costs 2.3 lakhs above the Lx, but the Storme won my heart over long back, but my mind still hesistant to go for it.

Thanks a lot guys for sharing your inputs.
Old 25th August 2014, 22:10   #3253
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Saw two Stormes yesterday separately on the road and felt something different. The stance of the car felt different and the ground clearence felt reduced. Both the cars looked very nice with this reduced Ground clearance and near perfect horizontal stance.

Has tata tweaked the suspension of the Storme?

Regards
Rachit
Old 26th August 2014, 09:51   #3254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hey Guys,

Saw two Stormes yesterday separately on the road and felt something different. The stance of the car felt different and the ground clearence felt reduced. Both the cars looked very nice with this reduced Ground clearance and near perfect horizontal stance.

Has tata tweaked the suspension of the Storme?

Regards
Rachit
Have not heard of any suspension tweak. Could it be the load? I know people sitting would have heen visible but sometimes we load our vehicles with stuff which look smaller but weigh like hell. My dzire boot almost weighs down and touches the road every time i carry even one injection mould in it.
Old 26th August 2014, 10:32   #3255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Even I doubt what the SA says otherwise all of us would be facing this sound. Stormerider, at what kms did your above issues surface ?
Around about 42000 on odo. We thought it has something to do with the choked filter we had to deal with a couple of days earlier. But looks like this has nothing to do with it.
The technician also told me that he has changed turbo on 1 more car. And I saw that turbo lying on the warranty room.
Since bhpian Sunit was also complaining, have asked him to show his storme also to the same guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks