Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 13:07   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Guys on the poor resale value of Tata vehicles - its a known fact that Tata vehicles don't command a resale like Maruti, Hyundai or Toyota vehicles but the valuations quoted above by certain Tata dealers are way too low. I think the reason could be that Tata dealers have such low sales that they don't sell these vehicles directly to buyers - rather they dispose it off to another used car dealer keeping a reasonable margin. The used car dealer in turn sells it at a good margin. So when you factor these, the exchange price quoted is very low. Pls try selling your vehicles directly. Its difficult to sell a Tata vehicle but if you want the best value you need to try hard and sell it directly. It might take a few months but you have to be persistent.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:53   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I have noticed that one of the rear shock absorbers has been leaking and will be taking it to TASS for a replacement. Have also udpated my ownership report at ~22k kms - for your review and comments
Old 15th September 2014, 20:14   #3333
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

A problem I had reported earlier has cropped back. The last few days I have noticed that turbo doesn't kick in properly. I mean the sound is very high but I don't get the kick I normally used to get at about 1700 rpm. I have to press the accelerator quite hard to gain speeds and the engine becomes quite noisy. The whistle has become job existent now. Last time Tass didn't find anything abnormal and just cleaned the air filter. I am planning to take it back to Tass on the weekend for a turbo check. Any pointers or suggestions from people who have faced similar problems.

Last edited by storme'd : 15th September 2014 at 20:16.
Old 16th September 2014, 00:36   #3334
BHPian

Look what I found, a Tata Safari Storme with a modified grill along with a Cadillac logo on it.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tata_safari_strom_brand_new_condtion_1_year_used_65_lacs1386181738542e.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tata_safari_strom_brand_new_condtion_1_year_used_65_lacs1386181738498e.jpg

Source link: http://www.autopunjab.com/2924-tata-...s/details.html
Old 16th September 2014, 06:30   #3335
Senior - BHPian

The grille design is actually very good and the aux lamp mounting is neat
Old 16th September 2014, 09:33   #3336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
A problem I had reported earlier has cropped back. The last few days I have noticed that turbo doesn't kick in properly. I mean the sound is very high but I don't get the kick I normally used to get at about 1700 rpm. I have to press the accelerator quite hard to gain speeds and the engine becomes quite noisy. The whistle has become job existent now. Last time Tass didn't find anything abnormal and just cleaned the air filter. I am planning to take it back to Tass on the weekend for a turbo check. Any pointers or suggestions from people who have faced similar problems.
I think the problem should be the diesel filter, I faced the same issue but the engine felt much better after the new filter
Old 16th September 2014, 10:22   #3337
Senior - BHPian

I had a great opportunity to visit Tata Motors plant this weekend and an updated Storme is indeed in the works. While they were not willing to confirm any mechanical changes, they did confirm that it will come with upgraded interiors and an updated infotainment system aka Zest.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:54   #3338
Senior - BHPian

Guys I just gave the beast to TASS to fix the leaking rear left shock absorber. The SA told me that they would only replace the faulty one and not the pair ( rear right ). Is this ok ? I thought shocks have to be replaced in pairs always ?
Old 16th September 2014, 10:55   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I had a great opportunity to visit Tata Motors plant this weekend and an updated Storme is indeed in the works. While they were not willing to confirm any mechanical changes, they did confirm that it will come with upgraded interiors and an updated infotainment system aka Zest.
Was there any indication from them on the timeframe for rolling out this update?
Old 16th September 2014, 12:16   #3340
BHPian

Quote:

I have been patiently waiting for this upgrade. Earlier there was a rumour it would hit the market during the festive season, but i think its now already late for the festive season. Navaratras starting within a fortnight.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 16th September 2014, 13:16   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
That's great news! Were you able to catch a glimpse of one? Any pics? Can't wait to see the new baby (rather foetus).
Old 16th September 2014, 13:20   #3342
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys no pictures. Our camera phones were taken. This was confirmed by their design guys. Can't say more.

Have also written about my experience of the factory visit here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3534390
Old 16th September 2014, 13:46   #3343
BHPian

6000 Km on the ODO and it has been a niggle free ride (touchwood). Planning to get engine oil changed at 7,500 km the SA said though it is not required but will anyways be good for the engine. Inspite of having relatively increased number of Stormes on the road, the beast still invites curiosity and queries.

Just as a visual check, i think the Zest ICE will fit into the space below the control knobs on the central console. Wondering if this is available off the shelf at TATA showrooms when the new Storme is launched. If yes, then will get the new ICE for sure.
Old 16th September 2014, 13:47   #3344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys I just gave the beast to TASS to fix the leaking rear left shock absorber. The SA told me that they would only replace the faulty one and not the pair ( rear right ). Is this ok ? I thought shocks have to be replaced in pairs always ?
They would replace the leaking one only and not the other one.

You can replace a single shock, but when the new one is installed, Do make sure that both are adjusted for same height. If this is not done, the vehicle would look tilted to one side and affect handling and in turn your tyres would wear out faster.

Also make sure the amount of compression is same in both the shocks when the vehicle is unladen and stationary.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 13:50   #3345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
They would replace the leaking one only and not the other one.

You can replace a single shock, but when the new one is installed, Do make sure that both are adjusted for same height. If this is not done, the vehicle would look tilted to one side and affect handling and in turn your tyres would wear out faster.

Also make sure the amount of compression is same in both the shocks when the vehicle is unladen and stationary.
How are the sections in bold done bro? I did not know these shockers were adjustable. In my case they simply took off the old ones and put on the new ones.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks