Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 09:46   #3226
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

One question - at traffic lights, do you continue to keep your hands / right hand on the steering wheel ? If yes, then what you say is correct - that you will have to reach out to the switch two times at each stop - to switch off & switch on.
I prefer to be a hands on driver . So yes hands are on the steering. Best practice from Dad's days

Quote:
But if you keep your hand on your lap / door etc, then it wont be such a problem. When you remove your hand from the steering wheel, you can first switch the light off & then place your hand at it's resting place.

On another note, do you leave your engine running at this time ? Because if the engine is switched off, then lights would also get switched off (except for the parking lights ? )
For short flight signals, there seems to be no point in switching off the engine. Also, when you are in a traffic snarl. I guess the idea would be to try and get your light controls on the indicator stalk and try and see if you can sacrifice the audio controls. Its more or less zero use for me as my audio control sits on the passenger seat
Old 18th August 2014, 11:23   #3227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
I prefer to be a hands on driver . So yes hands are on the steering. Best practice from Dad's days
Looks like the Dicor would have been better. May be you can get the Dicor's steering controls and solve your problem.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:34   #3228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Some interesting speeds I attained during the drive and the beast lived up to its expectations
Do PM me your interesting speed please. I shall do the same (the one time I had the guts to do something really interesting ...... )
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 12:01   #3229
Senior - BHPian

Guys
what is the purpose of these bolts that i see on both sides of the hood hinges. Some kind of adjustment ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img2014081700150.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img2014081700151.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img2014081700152.jpg  

Old 18th August 2014, 16:50   #3230
Senior - BHPian

I watched Singham Returns and the Storme is Ajay Degn's Ride in the Movie.

There are'nt much good shots of the Storme, but it indeed looks good. With Quality improving at Tata and with no niggles thread for the Storme, I think it will make a good buy. If only Tata had managed to give front facing seats and bucket seats options like in Scorpio.

- There is a lot of "Storme + Singham" Merchandise avaialble on Tata's ebay store.

Again OT - The movie features all police vehicles as Tata vehicles ranging from Stomer, Xenon, Grande and even the good old Tata 207 made into a police van for carrying criminals
scopriobharath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 18:00   #3231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

There are'nt much good shots of the Storme, but it indeed looks good. With Quality improving at Tata and with no niggles thread for the Storme, I think it will make a good buy. If only Tata had managed to give front facing seats and bucket seats options like in Scorpio.

- There is a lot of "Storme + Singham" Merchandise avaialble on Tata's ebay store.

Again OT - The movie features all police vehicles as Tata vehicles ranging from Stomer, Xenon, Grande and even the good old Tata 207 made into a police van for carrying criminals

I'm on the same boat, saw the movie on August 15th itself (1st day, last show). Was expecting a few car-chase scenes but sadly there were none.

Last edited by maglev : 18th August 2014 at 18:02.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 19:57   #3232
BHPian

Quote:

An update is around the corner, most likely in october/november. And if sources are to be believed, its definitely coming with a front facing third row, a slight hike in power and torque figures, an in dash harman 2 din(touchscreen in the top variant and manual in the lower ones). Coming to the last point- scorpio needed the bucket seat option more because of its unsettling ride while in storme, middle seat is the one people fight to grab . Its so damn comfortable. Lets keep the fingers crossed and cheques ready guys
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 20:32   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
An update is around the corner, most likely in october/november. And if sources are to be believed, its definitely coming with a front facing third row, a slight hike in power and torque figures, an in dash harman 2 din(touchscreen in the top variant and manual in the lower ones). Coming to the last point- scorpio needed the bucket seat option more because of its unsettling ride while in storme, middle seat is the one people fight to grab . Its so damn comfortable. Lets keep the fingers crossed and cheques ready guys
Thanks - I did not know a facelift is coming up. I only knew that the facelifts spotted were some Army/Military testing vehicle, in competition to Scorpio.

Since Storme is a new product, we cannot expect an all new Storme. All we can expect is the standard cosmetic facelift.

When the Storme was given for a test drive to owners and media (in Pune ???) one BHPian, who was invited had asked the Tata team about the probablity of front facing seats and also 4WD in the base model. Tata had answered negative mentioning design and space accommodation challenges of the front facing seat. However, I will be most happy if they offer front facing seats. It is a challenge to make front facing seats in the Storme / Safari as a part of facelifts. This requires major design changes including frame and body changes. I doubt if Tata is investing so much just to include front facing seats. The Storme has'nt flown out of the showrooms and neither did the all new Aria.

Thoughts ??
Old 18th August 2014, 20:46   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - I did not know a facelift is coming up. I only knew that the facelifts spotted were some Army/Military testing vehicle, in competition to Scorpio.

Since Storme is a new product, we cannot expect an all new Storme. All we can expect is the standard cosmetic facelift.

When the Storme was given for a test drive to owners and media (in Pune ???) one BHPian, who was invited had asked the Tata team about the probablity of front facing seats and also 4WD in the base model. Tata had answered negative mentioning design and space accommodation challenges of the front facing seat. However, I will be most happy if they offer front facing seats. It is a challenge to make front facing seats in the Storme / Safari as a part of facelifts. This requires major design changes including frame and body changes. I doubt if Tata is investing so much just to include front facing seats. The Storme has'nt flown out of the showrooms and neither did the all new Aria.

Thoughts ??
I am absolutely sure about the other cosmetic and mechanical updates. Third row front facing option is only an speculation as of now because of the way the test mules have been heavily camouflaged especially on the rear windows and door. Thats the only thing they might be trying to hide. Now coming to the practical aspect of third row seating . Access would be one pain. Climbing two steps up and then walk two steps with a bent back to reach the third row. Apart from the access issue, i wonder what they will be doing for the head space. Storme has a high floor as it accommodates the spare wheel underneath and someone like me with an average height of 5"9 couldn't keep a straight neck sitting on the jump seats. There you at least have an option of stretching your legs sideways which is not the case with front facing seating. If they lower the height of the seat, be ready to bury the knees in the chest . Am dying to see if they come up with a practical solution or just giving in to the public demand of doing away with the jump seats
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 08:43   #3235
BHPian

Tata safari has always been my dream vehicle, but after my experiences with TASS never ever considered one.

My wife is big fan of the Storme and so we took a test drive. We took back to back test drives in Xuv and Storme.

Here are my observations, please pardon me if I am wrong:

1) Total unprofessional behaviour by Tata sales team. They considered giving us a test drive as some sort of obligation and when we asked them a few questions about the ride quality. They said its like this only. This really put us off, instead the M&m sales team was so helpful and courteous.

2) The ride quality has definitely improved in Storme as compared to Safari, and is definitely better than the Xuv. Also the Storme felt more comfortable.

3) Braking in Storme is much better than the Xuv. Also the quality of interiors felt better in Storme.

4) Gear shift is much smoother in the Xuv as compared to Storme.

5) Most important point, met more happy customers at dealership with M&M as compared to Tatas

I am looking at Lx variant of the Storme as against the W4 in Xuv.
W4 comes with 2 airbags. I am still considering the Storme, because I still feel its a good product.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 09:02   #3236
BHPian

Quote:

There are'nt much good shots of the Storme, but it indeed looks good. With Quality improving at Tata and with no niggles thread for the Storme, I think it will make a good buy.
With respect to the movie, I don't really watch this genre/kind of movies but recently I was driving a "Singham Edition" Safari Storme, & I must accept, the logo & decals on the car looked awesome! Totally agreed on the quality improvement as well. I'm trying to vet the Storme against & XUV & I see the Storme winning in my criterias in almost all ways.

Quote:
Currently only few actual car accessories like mats & all. Waiting for the decals & the hood accessories to be available.

Last edited by rohansachar : 19th August 2014 at 09:03.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 11:06   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Tata safari has always been my dream vehicle, but after my experiences with TASS never ever considered one.

My wife is big fan of the Storme and so we took a test drive. We took back to back test drives in Xuv and Storme.

Here are my observations, please pardon me if I am wrong:

1) Total unprofessional behaviour by Tata sales team. They considered giving us a test drive as some sort of obligation and when we asked them a few questions about the ride quality. They said its like this only. This really put us off, instead the M&m sales team was so helpful and courteous.

2) The ride quality has definitely improved in Storme as compared to Safari, and is definitely better than the Xuv. Also the Storme felt more comfortable.

3) Braking in Storme is much better than the Xuv. Also the quality of interiors felt better in Storme.

4) Gear shift is much smoother in the Xuv as compared to Storme.

5) Most important point, met more happy customers at dealership with M&M as compared to Tatas

I am looking at Lx variant of the Storme as against the W4 in Xuv.
W4 comes with 2 airbags. I am still considering the Storme, because I still feel its a good product.
Storme is probably the best buy at this price point. Regarding dealership experience, I am very happy so far. Tata Motors collect direct customer feedback after every visit to the dealership to ensure the customer is happy. Still, I would suggest that you find a better dealer and then you can ride the Storme with peace of mind. You can also refer to my review of the Storme.
Old 20th August 2014, 13:56   #3238
BHPian

Hi all, its been a while since I checked the forum due to my renewed travel to Africa.

My wife took the liberty to take the Storme to her workplace in my absence and now the odo reads 4000 km in 65 days. No issues, niggles, rattled reported so far but for that rear door squeak which anyways got started.

The only grouse, I still havent received my permanent number and the dealer is now taking it seriously after I diplomatically told him that my next call will be to TML. Hope to get it by next week. Also, by that time the second service will become due which I will get done before I take off again to Africa.
Old 20th August 2014, 14:10   #3239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Hi all, its been a while since I checked the forum due to my renewed travel to Africa.

My wife took the liberty to take the Storme to her workplace in my absence and now the odo reads 4000 km in 65 days. No issues, niggles, rattled reported so far but for that rear door squeak which anyways got started.

The only grouse, I still havent received my permanent number and the dealer is now taking it seriously after I diplomatically told him that my next call will be to TML. Hope to get it by next week. Also, by that time the second service will become due which I will get done before I take off again to Africa.
How did you get delivery without a number in Delhi?
Old 25th August 2014, 11:05   #3240

Brought an astern black EX a couple of weeks back(June 2014 manufactured). Facing some weird noise (difficult to articulate :-) ), when the rev counter is in 1500-1800 range, which smoothens out after that. This happens especially in the 3rd and 4th gear. Because I am still in the run-in period so not taking it higher than 2000 revs. Never faced these kind of noises in my diesel Punto though. Am I being paranoid or should I take it across to the service center and get it checked?
P.S. :- Right now I am located in NCR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks