Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 01:18   #3121
BHPian

@garyag79 it's like that in all storme's. The red light means go ahead and open all windows . They have changed the meaning of Red from stop to Go.
Old 27th July 2014, 03:02   #3122
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

@ebonho , Nice to hear from you doc. I would definitely let you know , though i am afraid that the chances of the ones with heating elements to be launched in the aftermarket are very bleak. In the meantime, do let me know incase you want one for your friends dicor . It will be a convex mirror without the heating element. I can send that across as a small token of appreciation for the amount of knowledge a novice like me has gained from seniors
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 06:07   #3123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
garyag79 : The power window control switch that locks other windows ... has this red light glowing on it should ideally mean that all other windows are locked for operation but the driver one.

Is it the same in other stormed on the forum or Am I reading this wrong?

storme'd
: The red light means go ahead and open all windows . They have changed the meaning of Red from stop to Go.
The red light means - warning ! Driver does not have control on other windows

But yes, the common expectation / thinking is the light needs to light up other way
Old 27th July 2014, 08:19   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The red light means - warning ! Driver does not have control on other windows

But yes, the common expectation / thinking is the light needs to light up other way
Actually it is designed with child safety in mind. The red light really cautions the driver that the other windows are unlocked.
Old 27th July 2014, 08:27   #3125
BHPian

Face lifted Storme on the way.Please follow this link below.

http://motorbash.com/tata-safari-sto...tures-changes/

Can any Team Bhpian confirm this? As i am in for a Storme and if the news is true i might hold back for a while as i was going to book the EX next week.
Old 27th July 2014, 09:14   #3126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Can any Team Bhpian confirm this? As i am in for a Storme and if the news is true i might hold back for a while as i was going to book the EX next week.
That is just a "filler" article. The picture shown is also that of the concept "Ladakh" version that was shown in the Auto Expo.

AFAIK, no changes in looks expected - at least nothing major.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 09:28   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Elder brother's decision prevailed and we drove in a Strome.

He had readied it for the trip and guess what - it totally impressed.
Rajain
Thanks for sharing your experience and good decision choosing the Storme. Which variant does your brother have ?

Also could you pls elaborate on the preparation done on the vehicle ?
Old 27th July 2014, 10:44   #3128
BHPian

Okkk thanks all will ask my wife to take her comment back she was like "finally Tata gave me a reason to crib about,was wondering how can things be so right!!!!" Lol
Old 27th July 2014, 12:20   #3129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Well experienced the infamous attention to detail for which Tata have earned the reputation that they have. The power window control switch that locks other windows but the driver one is to my surprise programmed the other way round. When I press it and it has this red light glowing on it should ideally mean that all other windows are locked for operation but the driver one.however in my car it means all windows are liable to be operated.

Is it the same in other stormed on the forum or Am I reading this wrong?
It's exactly the same in mine too. And I think it's the same with others as well. Very confusing and irritating as well.

Ok, I'm facing an issue of some minor dust ingress from the beading of the rear door quarter glass (both sides). Anyone has this problem? Dusty guys like me (living in dusty areas, that is), like YGarg and Garyag79 and Stormerider could check? Will post a pic from the comp (TBhp does not have a Windows Phone app yet).
Old 27th July 2014, 14:03   #3130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Ok, I'm facing an issue of some minor dust ingress from the beading of the rear door quarter glass (both sides).
Has been reported in one Storme here, but that vehicle is driven in very dusty areas. I had forwarded a suggestion that the owner try to beef up the rubber beading, like was done on that duster (the owner has posted that here in TBHP, but I am not able to locate that thread .. may need to search more.

I have not received feed back on that- dont even know if the guy tried it.

Btw, this particular Storme has been reported with far more usage than all the Storme's here on TBHP. This was the only problem reported.

Last edited by condor : 27th July 2014 at 14:04.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:26   #3131
BHPian

Sasi I have been facing the exactly same issue of dust specially on the quarter glass. My truck is primarily driven on highways so thought its normal. Let me know if you find a fix as I haven't even been able to clean it.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:28   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Has been reported in one Storme here, but that vehicle is driven in very dusty areas. I had forwarded a suggestion that the owner try to beef up the rubber beading, like was done on that duster (the owner has posted that here in TBHP, but I am not able to locate that thread .. may need to search more.

I have not received feed back on that- dont even know if the guy tried it.

Btw, this particular Storme has been reported with far more usage than all the Storme's here on TBHP. This was the only problem reported.
Seems like I'm in the same situation. Ever since I got mine in Jan, a part of my daily drive (6-7 km) has been in a perpetual state of repair. They have been digging different sections of this road and relaying everything from 5' depth. So, the truck's been eating a lot of dust. Which also explains why I had to change the air filter at 15k service (it was completely gone). My truck's run almost 17000km now.
Old 28th July 2014, 08:35   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Rajain
Thanks for sharing your experience and good decision choosing the Storme. Which variant does your brother have ?

Also could you pls elaborate on the preparation done on the vehicle ?
Hi

Brother has a VX. The preparation was as simple as getting a good service done, checking all fluid levels, brake, clutch etc. We did not carry any spares. Tata had informed that there are numerous service centres all along and yes there were. We found 6-8 Tata service centres from Jammu upwards till Leh. Some are trucks only but tools and minor spares are available for all Tata vehicles. Leh also has a numerous Tata repair shops. One of them is authorised.

We also carried an extra 15 ltr jerrycan for fuel. However, I will say that due to moving the spare wheel from the rear of the vehicle to beneath probably required Tata to tinker with the fuel tank thereby reducing its capacity from 65 to 55. With an average of 10 kmpl the 'red line' for low fuel comes up in 425 or so. At higher reaches it was even lower as the fuel that was being burnt was more, average was less and the gears used were even lower. With a 65 ltr fuel the range was longer.

Upon our return when my brother took the vehicle for a clean up and check up - all that was needed was money spent on interior cleaning. The vehicle really did not need any expenditure on mechanical or electrical parts.

All in all a great vehicle experience given the terrain and heights it was driven in.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 10:09   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
It's exactly the same in mine too. And I think it's the same with others as well. Very confusing and irritating as well.

Ok, I'm facing an issue of some minor dust ingress from the beading of the rear door quarter glass (both sides). Anyone has this problem? Dusty guys like me (living in dusty areas, that is), like YGarg and Garyag79 and Stormerider could check? Will post a pic from the comp (TBhp does not have a Windows Phone app yet).
Yes Sasi, checked for this, me too have dust accumulated in that area.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:04   #3135
BHPian

Guys I suspect that the dust accumulation on that glass is happening due to faulty beading. I check mine and they were loose. In fact cleaning the outside with a toothbrush, I even saw a minor gap between the glass and beading which is the main culprit and allowing dust to gather inside. I have never driven my truck with windows down so no other way of dust getting inside. Even the rear door allows for some dust to enter the car.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks