Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:48   #2986
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Buddy , please post the pics of your PC storme. Have seen the professionally taken pics of the colour , would love to see how it looks otherwise . thanks
Sure will post some of the pics soon.

A query reg AC: How do the two modes (Normal and Economy) differ in their working i.e. do they cut-off the air-conditioning based on cabin temperature (with a difference in temperature setting), or based on timer (with a difference in time setting)?
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:18   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Make sure you touch 3000 rpm mark either on 2nd gear or 3rd gear. I do it many times a day for few secs whenever i get chance
From what I understood from Condor's post, he is not talking about simply touching 3000 rpm, but about keeping it there (for 30 seconds?).

I guess most of us even in normal daily commute mode while driving a little aggressively would be going well past 3000 rpm in 2nd before shifting to 3rd.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:45   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
From what I understood from Condor's post, he is not talking about simply touching 3000 rpm, but about keeping it there (for 30 seconds?).
In a city like Bangalore maintaining 3000 RPM for 30 seconds in bumper to bumper traffic becomes a huge challenge LOL.

But IIRC he also mentioned somewhere do this at least once a week. So i try to follow this religiously in my house lane during sunday mornings when i get chance
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:59   #2989
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
In a city like Bangalore maintaining 3000 RPM for 30 seconds in bumper to bumper traffic becomes a huge challenge LOL.

But IIRC he also mentioned somewhere do this at least once a week. So i try to follow this religiously in my house lane during sunday mornings when i get chance
Can't you just put it in idle and rev hard? I mean you do not need to drive at 3000 rpm.

Infact the goal is to clear the carbon, so short bursts to 3500-4000 should be enough until you see clear exhaust. If you do not, you are running rich
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:03   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Infact the goal is to clear the carbon, so short bursts to 3500-4000 should be enough until you see clear exhaust. If you do not, you are running rich
You mean normally in spite of being a diesel, the exhaust should be colorless? Not black?

I also think it is an inherent feature of some engines. For example, most Scorpios belch out black smoke, while you do not see Safaris doing it so much (or to the same extent).
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:08   #2991
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You mean normally in spite of being a diesel, the exhaust should be colorless? Not black?

I also think it is an inherent feature of some engines. For example, most Scorpios belch out black smoke, while you do not see Safaris doing it so much (or to the same extent).
No, this is not 1965. No modern diesel should smoke. Only when revving hard, you can see a burst of smoke as the engine reaches the required rpm, but sustained black smoke.... not right.
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:15   #2992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No, this is not 1965. No modern diesel should smoke. Only when revving hard, you can see a burst of smoke as the engine reaches the required rpm, but sustained black smoke.... not right.
I did not mean sustained black smoke. I meant on hard acceleration (like you see the vehicle ahead moving right and then trying to overtake the vehicle in front of it).

So you mean that time the black smoke is normal? I don't know about my own Storme. The one time I was driving with another Dicor, neither of us were smoking. Even on accelerations.

But on pretty new Scorpios, it is pretty common. Hope that clarifies.
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:51   #2993
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did not mean sustained black smoke. I meant on hard acceleration (like you see the vehicle ahead moving right and then trying to overtake the vehicle in front of it).

So you mean that time the black smoke is normal? I don't know about my own Storme. The one time I was driving with another Dicor, neither of us were smoking. Even on accelerations.

But on pretty new Scorpios, it is pretty common. Hope that clarifies.
Unless you have a DPF, on hard acceration you will have unburnt fuel, esp if you are something like 1200-1300rpm and in higher gear.
This is black smoke
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:30   #2994
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Red Safari Storme in Koramangala(Bangalore) today. It belonged to FM Radio City (with all-round decals).

MAYBE it could be made to look good with specific posturing for pictures. But in the real world, I don't think this beast looks stately in Red colour at all. (Just my personal opinion).

-Rgds
Old 3rd July 2014, 22:10   #2995
BHPian

It looks like Tata are using Rohit Shetty's Singham 2 to further promote Tata vehicles as per the link below.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/singham-re...scorpio-577726
harendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 12:19   #2996
BHPian

My truck.Some snaps from a dhaba on salem -ulundurpet rd and kotagiri.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-086.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-093.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image-2.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image1.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20140204_074554.jpg  

PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:35   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful beast Pradeep. I was eyeing the white Storme a lot more than the Urban Bronze one when I was trying to decide an alternative color to black (typical Indian grandmother issues with black etc. etc.).

But finally I decided that Black was yummy enough to risk fighting the many ugly demons I was guaranteed to fight if I chose it.
Old 4th July 2014, 16:41   #2998
BHPian

A big hearty thanks to the fellow members @himanshugoswami and @garyag79 for recommending ARISTO motors. It was a pleasant surprise considering that they represent TATA motors. Mr. Ajay could not make it personally as he had some personal problem at home and infact, was very apologetic about it over phone. He had sent over another colleague Mr. Ashish who was equally courteous and a pleasure to discuss and deal with. Someone coming over all the way from Gurgaon to Noida only for a "prospective" deal , that too right on time, was commendable. My 98% possibility of buying this beast has added another 1% only because of the wonderful attitude of these guys. Once again, thanks to both of you
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 01:02   #2999
BHPian

Did a little bit of 'interesting highway driving' today on the way back from office. When I reached home and parked, I noticed some kind of a burning smell coming from the rear wheels / brakes area. Is that normal? Or have I pushed the brakes too far? In any case, I am due for the 15k km service next week. Will get them checked; hope I haven't burnt anything out due to my 'interesting' driving today.
Old 5th July 2014, 10:11   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Did a little bit of 'interesting highway driving' today on the way back from office. When I reached home and parked, I noticed some kind of a burning smell coming from the rear wheels / brakes area. Is that normal? Or have I pushed the brakes too far? In any case, I am due for the 15k km service next week. Will get them checked; hope I haven't burnt anything out due to my 'interesting' driving today.
Nothing better than the smell of burning rubber- NIRVANA!
Nothing's wrong, you just pushed it, and braked hard sometimes in your "interesting" highway drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks