Old 4th June 2014, 09:57   #2792
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Congrats Gaurav

Can you send me the number of the SA and what deals you got

I will also talk to the Concorde chap today
thanks all...will update the thread once I have the truck with me.

Himanshu please speak with Ajay: 9643200052 and give him my reference.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 10:04   #2793
BHPian

Some insights from the SA that I would like to share:

1) Zest and Bolt being launched this August
2) EX and VX Storme have the least demand, LX Pearl White maximum selling model
3) EX and VX command more cash discount if asked for
4) Aria base model gradually gaining ground, Tata Corporate recently closed a deal with a major SOuth India based fleet operator for 2000 Arias that replace all existing Innovas
garyag79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 11:40   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Finally Finally after 5 months of deliberations ever since I came back to India and 5 months of drooling over the beast on TBHP prior to my coming back, I have booked my Storme today.

Was in the same dilemma of Lx vs EX, eventually a premium of 140,000 on road for the Ex wasnt justified in my opinion.

Was in touch with Aristo Motors (Gurgaon) and Concorde (South Ex). Eventually went with Aristo as the SA their kind of followed up and dealt with me far far better than the Concorde SA.
Congrats buddy! Welcome to the growing family of very happy, very proud, very satisfied, and very in love Storme owners.

As a side note: I am loving the dirty look on my black Storme off late. Especially the dried rain drop pattern on a dusty Storme that greets me when I leave office for home thanks to open parking there.

Or maybe I am just lazy and rationalizing plain dirty for "butch overland tourer" look! LOL

Black is such a pain and also such a joy man .....
Old 4th June 2014, 11:44   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats buddy! Welcome to the growing family of very happy, very proud, very satisfied, and very in love Storme owners.

As a side note: I am loving the dirty look on my black Storme off late. Especially the dried rain drop pattern on a dusty Storme that greets me when I leave office for home thanks to open parking there.

Or maybe I am just lazy and rationalizing plain dirty for "butch overland tourer" look! LOL

Black is such a pain and also such a joy man .....
Thanks, your thread was one of the reasons my wife was after me for EX, had TATA not done the recent omissions, I would have gone for EX.

Color well, black and white look equally good on the Storme. Dirty white IMO makes the Butch Overland Tourer look even better.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 11:52   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Thanks, your thread was one of the reasons my wife was after me for EX, had TATA not done the recent omissions, I would have gone for EX.

Color well, black and white look equally good on the Storme. Dirty white IMO makes the Butch Overland Tourer look even better.
I agree. White Stormes with that contrast rear grey stripe on the tailgate look realy nice.
Old 4th June 2014, 12:10   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
That is not correct.

Gold 40,000 kms and 4 (not 5) years costs Rs. 19,895/-.

Extended Warranty costs 7,500/- and needs to be bought separately.

These are Tata Value Service rates, and dealers cannot charge different on their own. Please confirm.
You were absolutely right on this. Got a Gold AMC last saturday 40000/4 years, costed me around Rs.27485/- all inclusive.

All consumables now covered along with labor charges for scheduled services. One query i had which even the dealer could not answer to my satisfaction. Are even the plastics covered under AMC and extended warranty? For instance: I noticed that the door beading's for storme is really shoddy job from Tata and I am sure within a year or so the beading's will start coming out. Will the AMC and extended warranty take care of such stuff?
Old 4th June 2014, 12:14   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
You were absolutely right on this. Got a Gold AMC last saturday 40000/4 years, costed me around Rs.27485/- all inclusive.

All consumables now covered along with labor charges for scheduled services. One query i had which even the dealer could not answer to my satisfaction. Are even the plastics covered under AMC and extended warranty? For instance: I noticed that the door beading's for storme is really shoddy job from Tata and I am sure within a year or so the beading's will start coming out. Will the AMC and extended warranty take care of such stuff?
The beading just looks shabby (not linear, even), but other than that in my truck its stayed in place. Anyways, it wil be covered under warranty if at all. AMC is for parts and consumables and service. Warranty is for manufacturing and quality related defects, problems, issues.
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:20   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the growing family of very happy, very proud, very satisfied, and very in love Storme owners. Black is such a pain and also such a joy man!
Dear Vistasp - thanks for the first sentence of your quote. I feel nice and quietly satisfied, to read your genuine feelings in it. .

As far as the second sentence goes, I completely agree, black is the best color and it is always my first (and only) choice but it must also have complimenting interiors. It's a delight to own and drive a black car but it's also a huge pain to maintain it. Nothing comes close to a spotlessly gleaming black car! It also looks delightfully macho when it is caked with monsoon mud! I was once stopped by the cops in Mumbai when they could not read the registration number on the rear number plate and I had "only" driven on NH3 for 179 kms in blinding rain! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:41   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vistasp - thanks for the first sentence of your quote. I feel nice and quietly satisfied, to read your genuine feelings in it. .

As far as the second sentence goes, I completely agree, black is the best color and it is always my first (and only) choice but it must also have complimenting interiors. It's a delight to own and drive a black car but it's also a huge pain to maintain it. Nothing comes close to a spotlessly gleaming black car! It also looks delightfully macho when it is caked with monsoon mud! I was once stopped by the cops in Mumbai when they could not read the registration number on the rear number plate and I had "only" driven on NH3 for 179 kms in blinding rain! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram

As a fellow bawaji you would no doubt know and empathize that when it comes to anything mechanical, any praise is sincerely meant, as is the depth and range of genuine pissed off anger and abuse when things are not perfect or as we expect them to be.

So yes, you can take this (praise) to the bank, and yes, you can also feel justifiably satisfied and not just a little profesionally proud that you had a role to play in it.

I am loving the feel of the steering and tyres now. Perfect. A sincere thank you boss.

That said, I will be an old man with an enlarged prostate wearing adult diapers by the time you find the time from your punishing schedule!
Old 5th June 2014, 10:54   #2801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Behram - as a fellow bawaji you would no doubt know and empathize that when it comes to anything mechanical, any praise is sincerely meant, as is the depth and range of genuine pissed off anger and abuse when things are not perfect or as we expect them to be. So yes, you can take this (praise) to the bank, and yes, you can also feel justifiably satisfied and not just a little profesionally proud that you had a role to play in it.

I am loving the feel of the steering and tyres now. Perfect. A sincere thank you boss.

That said, I will be an old man with an enlarged prostate wearing adult diapers by the time you find the time from your punishing schedule!
Dear Vistasp - from one bawaji to another, thank you for your gracious appreciation. What I did to your car was to quietly talk to it, it told me what was troubling it, we corrected it by doing exactly what was required, so it is working properly now. . Good things are worth having in life, your vehicle is one of them.

I see your car everyday, quietly and very elegantly standing in your bungalow compound when I pass by very late at night. I know that we have to catch up, I'll call you and come over. I would love to see the Bullet motorcycle also. I'm crazy about the 500cc Thunderbird but horror stories about poor reliability is holding my purchase decision.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 5th June 2014 at 11:01.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 11:13   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vistasp - from one bawaji to another, thank you for your gracious appreciation. What I did to your car was to quietly talk to it, it told me what was troubling it, we corrected it by doing exactly what was required, so it is working properly now. . Good things are worth having in life, your vehicle is one of them.

I see your car everyday, quietly and very elegantly standing in your bungalow compound when I pass by very late at night. I know that we have to catch up, I'll call you and come over. I would love to see the Bullet motorcycle also. I'm crazy about the 500cc Thunderbird but horror stories about poor reliability is holding my purchase decision.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
For the good of the Storme owners community, please share what was done!
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 11:15   #2803
Senior - BHPian

Any news of upgrade to the interiors of the Storme ? Anyone ?

Is it so difficult to shoe horn the Aria dash into the Storme ?
Old 5th June 2014, 11:21   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Any news of upgrade to the interiors of the Storme ? Anyone ?

Is it so difficult to shoe horn the Aria dash into the Storme ?

Srini,

we have an insider active on this forum, hopefully he can shed some light without violating any confidentiality norms

I too am negotiating a deal for the Storme and would love to have an update on this issue
Old 5th June 2014, 11:38   #2805
BHPian

Forgot to share parting words from my SA which I take as compliments for all the TBHP community:

"Sir ye TBHP waale sawaal bade puchte hein" (with a sarcastic nod of the head)

translated:

"Sir, TBHP members ask a lot of questions"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks