Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2023, 16:58   #4921
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

- As shared by my mechanic.

There must be an invisible fingerprint sensor for the thumb

Jokes apart, I haven't seen a storme with broken handle so far.

Last edited by autocrat : 7th August 2023 at 16:59.
Old 7th August 2023, 19:01   #4922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Did you also reward that mechanic or find out what he's been smoking/sniffing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
There must be an invisible fingerprint sensor for the thumb

Jokes apart, I haven't seen a storme with broken handle so far.
So will you both sponsor me one handle each if I show you the broken handles ?
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 21:30   #4923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Weird Issue in My Stoeme
I think this related to High Pressure Fuel Pump or the injectors itself. Did they test pressure on the common rail? and on the injectors, with mechanic stethoscope they can hear the sputtering of injector.

Don't leave it to TASS, take it to a FNG in mumbai and they will isolate the issue.

In my opinion based on the above symptoms it's hp fuel pump. All the best, hope you will find a fix soon.
90Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 10:26   #4924
BHPian

Quote:
So will you both sponsor me one handle each if I show you the broken handles ?
Off topic :
Haa haa! Sir, if that gets us your darshan, of course!

We haven't met in person since 2013!

Back on Topic :
I seriously thought you were joking! do we really need a manual for how to open car doors now! or just reward Tata Quality Control for another genius move
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 11:19   #4925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
I think this related to High Pressure Fuel Pump or the injectors itself. Did they test pressure on the common rail? and on the injectors, with mechanic stethoscope they can hear the sputtering of injector.

Don't leave it to TASS, take it to a FNG in mumbai and they will isolate the issue.

In my opinion based on the above symptoms it's hp fuel pump. All the best, hope you will find a fix soon.
Thanks, that was very helpful. Actually the weirdness of the problem is that it is very erratic in nature. You drive the vehicle for 30-40kms and suddenly the check engine line, abs light, ems light all will glow up. Engine will start sounding like a tractor and eventually would shutdown. And after that if you start the vehicle, it starts normally as if nothing happened. And because of this, by the time the mechanics could inspect anything, everything becomes normal.
Error code shows P0088-2a error code which is for rail pressure sensor. Let's see what happens. Will keep you posted.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 00:52   #4926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Thanks, that was very helpful. Actually the weirdness of the problem is that it is very erratic in nature..
It's like your diesel tank has contaminants in it? Have you refilled diesel recently? For first 30-40 kms it might take ~2L fuel which might come from the fuel lines and top of the tank, after that, when it gets all mixed, contaminants flow in to injectors there by misfire and check engine light. If you have recently filled diesel and facing problems after that, then probably it's diesel, do a water test in diesel and check for contaminants if possible, also when was the last time you have changed the fuel filter?

Last edited by 90Horses : 9th August 2023 at 00:55. Reason: corrections
Old 9th August 2023, 10:21   #4927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
It's like your diesel tank has contaminants in it? Have you refilled diesel recently? For first 30-40 kms it might take ~2L fuel which might come from the fuel lines and top of the tank, after that, when it gets all mixed, contaminants flow in to injectors there by misfire and check engine light. If you have recently filled diesel and facing problems after that, then probably it's diesel, do a water test in diesel and check for contaminants if possible, also when was the last time you have changed the fuel filter?
As a matter of fact, that is the first thing we checked and fixed. Cleaning the tank, replacing both diesel filters and cleaning fuel lines and draining the water from sedimenter. But the problem still persisted. I guess the dirt is already in the hp pump so too late I guess
Old 22nd August 2023, 14:46   #4928
BHPian

Hi All Storme owners,
can anyone confirm if the part highlighted in the attached image is part of the Air conditioning unit? Asking since yesterday noticed not exactly continuous but very frequent drops of liquid dripping in the parking lot. This was after I came back from a drive of about 1 hour. Since the drops are falling near the middle underbody cover was not able to check whether it is water or something else.

TIA
Mayank
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme-engine.jpg  

zadoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:08   #4929
BHPian

Cross posting here since no response in preworshipped Safari thread.

MODS, please remove if found not suitable

Hi Safari experts,

Any pointers on the price of used storme at Hyderabad ?
91K , 2017, 4X2 Vericor 400 VX - Found in Spinny. They are quoting 8.75lakh and car seems to be in good condition. Will it be wise idea to plonk that much amount in a Strome now?

This has to be driven majorly in highways as I have an Eon for daily drive through traffic. Will Storme be a reliable car to do occasional highway and weekend runs ? Intend to keep it as long as possible. How easy / hard will be the maintenance and FNG support ?
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:19   #4930
BHPian

Dear fellow bhpians,

I am pleased to share that my Safari Storme 2013 model has completed 10 years and 1 lakh KM. I still do not want to change my car and pretty much satisfied with it.

I did engine remapping to increase power at lower rpm and it is more responsive and eager to run at push of throttle.

While I want to retain the vehicle, request your advice on following issues, which areas to check when I am taking it to mechanic/garage.

Though the suspension is fairly new, I feel still jerks are felt more inside the cabin and ride it not steadier when compared to my experience so far. Which areas I should look into / get it checked.

Is there a way to reduce body roll, which is specially felt on brakers like back of vehicle is not in line with front on brakers.....I do not run them over and do reduce my speed.

Please do share your thoughts, it will tremendously help me as I am not very technical.
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:53   #4931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Is there a way to reduce body roll, which is specially felt on brakers like back of vehicle is not in line with front on brakers.....I do not run them over and do reduce my speed..
I dont think you are referring to actual body roll behaviour. From what you have posted, it looks to me like you are referring to that side-ways movement at the back side when you go on rumble strips. If this is what you are asking about, then not to worry about that. It happens due to the nature of /behaviour of the shock absorbers on rumble strips. I and others have seen it, and I just go a bit slow on these.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:57   #4932
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think you are referring to actual body roll behaviour. From what you have posted, it looks to me like you are referring to that side-ways movement at the back side when you go on rumble strips. If this is what you are asking about, then not to worry about that. It happens due to the nature of /behaviour of the shock absorbers on rumble strips. I and others have seen it, and I just go a bit slow on these.
Thanks Condor for reply, no its not the normal behaviour, its much more then the normal one, which is true for bumpy ride as well.

What areas should I ask my mechanic to check.
Old 2nd September 2023, 21:18   #4933
Distinguished - BHPian

what is your tyre pressure ? Get it checked/filled at Shell
Old 25th September 2023, 15:38   #4934
BHPian

Hi Folks

With a heavy heart, I have decided to sell my Safari Storme VX 2X4, Astern Black. With my knee and ankle giving me trouble 2 issues came to the fore. One is climbing in and getting out and the second is the use of clutch. I think Bangalore driving with a manual transmission gave my left leg more than its share of wear and tear. I had to move to an automatic transmission vehicle and a lower entry/exit one.

Given this my usage of Storme has reduced the past 6 months. Also, thanks to WFH and hybrid model my travel has reduced. I feel bad that i am not able to give it the drive it used to have earlier.

I am looking for a buyer who would show the same amount of dedication in maintaining and utilizing the Storme as me.

If anyone is interested do PM me. I am based in Bangalore
subraiyr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 21:26   #4935
Geo
BHPian

Sorry, if this is considered as spam. Admins, if this is inappropriate, please feel free to remove the comment.

I am looking to buy a Tata Safari Storme or a Safari Dicor in Bangalore. If you know about a well-maintained one, please let me know in DM.
Geo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks