Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2022, 15:47   #4801
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
This was the official tata accesory sold with the explorer edition car.
I did check with the dealer. The sales manager said they liquidated their stock. One more place am yet to check.

More than helping in city, I am looking for small ways to make some changes, after all these years.
Old 30th May 2022, 12:12   #4802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I did check with the dealer. The sales manager said they liquidated their stock.
One more place am yet to check.
Does Tata have a system like Maruti where they can check if any other dealer has stock. Leoshashi keeps referring to it.

Which is the other place you're referring to?
Old 30th May 2022, 12:37   #4803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Does Tata have a system like Maruti where they can check if any other dealer has stock.
That would work for running parts. The Storme is now not a running model, and dealers would not keep stock of accessories for old models.

Key Motors and Kropex are not too far for me.
Old 1st August 2022, 12:39   #4804
BHPian

Any pointers to get an driver & co-passenger or center armrest for the Safari Storme LX

Checked boodmo.com but could not find any and also tried local accessory shops however the Storme centre console is too wide for generic options.

Any idea if any seat cover installer can attach one or should we approach a carpenter / fabricator to make a custom one using Youtube designs ?
Old 7th August 2022, 08:39   #4805
BHPian

Dears, has any one faced issue with BCM module in storme? Mine is the refreshed version, 2015 model. Has done 78k kms till now. Never had any issue in these 7 years apart from a few rattles here and there. Now the park lights along with all dash board lights automatically turn off after some time. There is no regular pattern. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes to turn off and sometimes just a few seconds.
TASS recommended checking with another BCM module which obviously was not in stock! As per them relays are intact and BCM could be the culprit.
Another doubt, is the BCM module plug and play or does it require any kind of vehicle specific programming?
Old 7th August 2022, 21:58   #4806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Dears, has any one faced issue with BCM module in storme? Mine is the refreshed version, 2015 model. Has done 78k kms till now. Never had any issue in these 7 years apart from a few rattles here and there. Now the park lights along with all dash board lights automatically turn off after some time. There is no regular pattern. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes to turn off and sometimes just a few seconds.
TASS recommended checking with another BCM module which obviously was not in stock! As per them relays are intact and BCM could be the culprit.
Another doubt, is the BCM module plug and play or does it require any kind of vehicle specific programming?
Hi BipB,
Had the same issue and was suggested the same solution after the prior checks. Surprisingly, found the real culprit by accident a few days before giving the car to the service centre. The culprit was a GPS tracking device that had been plugged in. The moment I removed it never faced any issues with headlight or AC going off randomly for a few seconds.
Pls check if you have also plugged in something in the OBD port recently as that could be the culprit.

Cheers,
zadoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 12:32   #4807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadoom View Post
Hi BipB,
Had the same issue and was suggested the same solution after the prior checks.

Cheers,
Thanks Zadoom. I have checked that already. There's nothing attached to my OBD port.
BipB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 06:41   #4808
BHPian

Going for a major service for my 2014 Storme (5 speed, 320nm). Have few questions:

1. How much brake fluid is required for a complete replacement and bleeding? Owner's manual says "as needed".

2. The Gearbox requires GL4 75W90 oil. Any synthetic oil available in India with these specs?

3. Any guidance to which power steering oil to use?

4. My understanding is that Front Axle is for 4X4 vehicles only. Which 85W140 to use for rear axle?

Thanks.
Old 9th August 2022, 15:22   #4809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Any pointers to get an driver & co-passenger or center armrest for the Safari Storme LX

Checked boodmo.com but could not find any and also tried local accessory shops however the Storme centre console is too wide for generic options.

Any idea if any seat cover installer can attach one or should we approach a carpenter / fabricator to make a custom one using Youtube designs ?
I can't PM you as I am a Newbie here. I would like to suggest another solution. My Safari Storme Vx 4x4 Sept 2015 with just 30k on odo was totaled in an accident few months back. The car is getting deregistered at RTO and is parked at my home in Bangalore. After deregistration it will be taken away by a scrap dealer selected by insurance company, may be during this week or next week. The seats are in good condition (frankly I havn't entered the Strome after the accident) and also have lumbar support and height adjust. If you are interested to get the seats, I will connect you to the Scrap dealer (after they pickup my car) and you might deal with him directly. I don't have any commercial interest in this. I and my family loved Storme and miss it a lot.

@mods, please delete this post if you find it to be inappropriate or not in accordance with forum rules.
speed79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:56   #4810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
After deregistration it will be taken away by a scrap dealer selected by insurance company, may be during this week or next week..
@Speed79, pls mail me your contact number thru the link in my profile. A friend (another TBHP-ian) and I would like some parts.

I tried to send you a mail through your profile page, but you have opted to Not receive any mail

Last edited by condor : 9th August 2022 at 15:57.
Old 9th August 2022, 16:12   #4811
BHPian

Quote:
@Speed79, pls mail me your contact number thru the link in my profile. A friend (another TBHP-ian) and I would like some parts.

I tried to send you a mail through your profile page, but you have opted to Not receive any mail
@Condor I could not find how to send my contact number through link in my profile. I have enabled receiving email from members, so you may reach me on email.
speed79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 16:15   #4812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Going for a major service for my 2014 Storme (5 speed, 320nm). Have few questions:

1. How much brake fluid is required for a complete replacement and bleeding? Owner's manual says "as needed".

My Storme had a brake lining rupture because of which had to get the brake fluid replaced completely. On checking my invoice it shows 250mL of Brake Fluid (Dot 4) as something that has been invoiced.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
zadoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 16:43   #4813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
I have enabled receiving email from members, so you may reach me on email.
Hi @Speed79, I did send a message, but looks like the feature is not working (reported separately). You will have PM feature enabled soon, once you become a regular member.

Meanwhile, please do keep up posted on the status of the de-registration. Thanks !
Old 10th August 2022, 17:48   #4814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
I somehow think its not the BCM. Its the trigger switch located inside the trim below the drivers side near the left foot. This switch triggers the above in case of accident when the ball bearing inside it gets a shock and forces the circuit to complete causing similar things as you mentioned above.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:54   #4815
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @Speed79, I did send a message, but looks like the feature is not working (reported separately). You will have PM feature enabled soon, once you become a regular member.

Meanwhile, please do keep up posted on the status of the de-registration. Thanks !
Looks like I need to post more on the forum to become a regular member.

Yesterday I got RC cancellation letter from the RTO. It took me exactly 3 months and several visits to RTO to get the letter which should normally take 1 month. I had not taken services of any agent as they had been asking from 20k to 30k for this simple work. The only amount that I had spent on RC cancellation process was Rs. 300 to get Chassis number cut by a fabricator.

I need to inform insurance company and scrap dealer about receiving the RC cancellation letter.
speed79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks