Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 11:38   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

But you've driven the petrol! I suggest a spin in the diesel before making up your mind. The diesel has excellent driveability.
Does that mean that the turbo lag in the eco boost is worse than the diesel?

That will be a real dampener further hitting the eco boost sales. Can you give a comparison of the eco boost and the diesel in day to day driving characteristics. Please.

Last edited by drpudhi : 5th June 2013 at 11:42.
Old 5th June 2013, 12:04   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Just a small pointer on Bangalore on road prices:
An I20 Diesel top spec costs around 9.5 lacs.
Similarly a Swift Diesel top spec costs around 8 odd lacs.

Until quite recently, the general public used to be deeply shocked by such prices for hatch back cars.

Apparently the buying public have gotten used to this kind of pricing judging that these hatch back cars are still selling in decent numbers.

The Duster top spec Diesel, which many people feel is highly overpriced, seems to only be relentlessly gaining ground in terms of monthly sales numbers!
This is so true. Remember when the Getz CRDI was launched. It was considered to be on the higher side and initially people didnt like the idea of paying so much for the hatch. Same with i20 top spec and Polo. But the trend has completely changed now. High priced hatch backs are very common among people nowadays. The scene in Kerala is also different. The top spec Duster is way too common here in Cochin and also the newly launched Polo GT has many takers. I personally saw 4 GTs in Cochin in a span of 2 hours driving around the city. In spite of spending 9+ for the polo, they chip another Lakh for modding it. Ecosport is one model that people have been waiting and Ford got this idea that people are willing to chip the extra cash for safety since their mind set is already changed. Even if Ecosport comes to around 12L, I see a lot of people planning to buy it.
Old 5th June 2013, 12:24   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Just a small pointer on Bangalore on road prices:
An I20 Diesel top spec costs around 9.5 lacs.
Similarly a Swift Diesel top spec costs around 8 odd lacs.
Car prices in general have moved far slower than inflation and sometimes too slow. If you take the WPI (Wholesale Price Index) series since April 2004 - April 2013, then WPI or prices in general (at wholesale) have moved by 80%.

Like-to-like car prices, ex-showroom haven't moved as much. My Aug 2005 Santro (an equivalent non automatic) is available at Rs 4.00 lakhs (GLS) today. I paid Rs on-road of Rs 5 lakhs for the AT in Bangalore.

I think competition plays a big role in keeping prices in check and our market is the most competitive.

Cheers,
Old 5th June 2013, 12:36   #529
Senior - BHPian

On a different topic, with Vibe launching today. The amount of space, airyness and boot on offer in Vibe, how will it impact the Ecosport / Duster Segment (5 seater mini SUV)??

I know its like comparing a Bolero to a XUV. But Bolero does monthly numbers which cant be ignored!!

If someone has 6-7 lakhs, he/she will only consider the Vibe / other hatches. If someone has 12 lakhs, he/she will consider the Duster / Ecosport. But if someone has 9-10 lakhs, what will such a customer do??

If my requirement is comfortable 5 seater with good boot space, high reliability and respectable after sales, Vibe is certainly a VFM option. (Looks are subjective)

The 5 seater space has surely heated up!!
Old 5th June 2013, 14:50   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is so true. Remember when the Getz CRDI was launched. It was considered to be on the higher side and initially people didnt like the idea of paying so much for the hatch. Same with i20 top spec and Polo. But the trend has completely changed now. High priced hatch backs are very common among people nowadays. The scene in Kerala is also different. The top spec Duster is way too common here in Cochin and also the newly launched Polo GT has many takers. I personally saw 4 GTs in Cochin in a span of 2 hours driving around the city. In spite of spending 9+ for the polo, they chip another Lakh for modding it. Ecosport is one model that people have been waiting and Ford got this idea that people are willing to chip the extra cash for safety since their mind set is already changed. Even if Ecosport comes to around 12L, I see a lot of people planning to buy it.

naveen It may not be a volume generator for ford but 12L Pricing will certainly attract some buyers just for design similar to verna which is prices around 11L+ (top-end) but still it manages to sell about 4k+ units a month
Here in bangalore RXZ(o) duster is priced around 14.93L OTR but still trident Renault says it dispatches highest number of cars among all Renault dealerships Pricing is key for a certain set of people only so are dynamics and other aspects of the car
for majority of buyers its design (LOOKS), Mileage and Social status that matters
Old 5th June 2013, 17:13   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But you've driven the petrol! I suggest a spin in the diesel before making up your mind. The diesel has excellent driveability.
The 1.5L diesel mill too has the Turbo Lag, but somewhere before 1800 rpm it awakes up, & you can feel the mild shove. But, still it is manageable & would love to try the 2nd gear starts.
Old 5th June 2013, 17:22   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks GTO will surely test drive the diesel variant before making the final call.
However good the Diesel engine is the deterrent for me would be the rear seats. If its not a 5 seater then this vehicle is not for me and am afraid Ford might not be in a position at this point to do anything in this area.

Regards,
Kumar
Old 5th June 2013, 21:14   #533
BHPian

Regarding the question from 2000 rpm , I have a budget of 8lakhs and will still look to buy the ecosport.. This review certainly convinced me a good deal to go for the Ecosport.
Old 5th June 2013, 21:55   #534
BHPian

Ford will launch EcoSport on 15th June. As per the info that I have, post completion of Urban Discoveries campaign this week on 15th June the winner will be announced along with launch of the car.
Old 5th June 2013, 22:54   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-598046890956023438.jpg

Ford 1.0-liter EcoBoost is 'International Engine of the Year' for the second consecutive year in its category

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11306055...-engine-of-the
Old 6th June 2013, 09:21   #536
BHPian

Hi 2000 RPM ,

Further to your topic please note as below ( I would love to buy Ecoposrt but now the tight back seating worries me )

Much is said about 5 seating capacity in forums here but sadly almost all cars seat only 4 comfortably irrespective of outer body dimesnions , small or big , hatchback or sedan. I really hate when the vehicle is licensed for 5 but manages only 4. Recently I felt very embarassed and helpless when my parents and my daughter had tough time at the back on a long drive of 7 hours in my Fiesta. I enjoyed the driving pleasure which Fiesta offers but sadly my family at the back did not enjoy it at all. We were just 4 adults and 1 child , all medium built in a vehicle licesenced to seat five.
I am sure that all the manufacturers are doing it deliberately so that their bigger vehicles , read MUV and SUV also get buyers. However its very unfair.

Regards
Amol

Last edited by amolathalye : 6th June 2013 at 09:24. Reason: missed a point
Old 6th June 2013, 09:28   #537
BHPian

Can we just stop speculating on the launch date and just wait for the 'launch', please?

No offense to anyone, but there are so many messages where each one talks about some resource and a different launch date is making the thread cluttered with not-so-useful stuff.
Old 6th June 2013, 09:35   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi 2000 RPM ,
Much is said about 5 seating capacity in forums here but sadly almost all cars seat only 4 comfortably irrespective of outer body dimesnions , small or big , hatchback or sedan. I really hate when the vehicle is licensed for 5 but manages only 4. Recently I felt very embarassed and helpless when my parents and my daughter had tough time at the back on a long drive of 7 hours in my Fiesta. I enjoyed the driving pleasure which Fiesta offers but sadly my family at the back did not enjoy it at all. We were just 4 adults and 1 child , all medium built in a vehicle licesenced to seat five.
I am sure that all the manufacturers are doing it deliberately so that their bigger vehicles , read MUV and SUV also get buyers. However its very unfair.
I agree. Almost all hatchbacks and sedans available today are meant to comfortably seat only 4 adults, yet they are licensed for 5 (by our own government authorities), the only exception probably being the scala/sunny.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the manufacturers are doing this deliberately but this is the truth. Some sedans such as the Honda City manage space much better are any day better to seat 5 as compared to the Fiesta though.

As far as I am concerned, in my 6 years of owning the Palio, I've had to fit 5 adults probably only twice, so a capacity of 4 adults with decent legrooms works for me.

Last edited by sharninder : 6th June 2013 at 09:40. Reason: more info
Old 6th June 2013, 13:05   #539
BHPian

Hi Sharninder ,

I strongly feel that if a vehicle is licensed for 5 then it should accomodate 5 well. I understand that many poelpe do not regularly use to its max. capacity but I feel its importnat. If you have "just enough" space for 5 then 4 can occupy it comfortably at other times. I am sure it's possible if then can take care of the bump in between and the rear ac or gear console. Sometimes I feel that old premier padmini served us better as far as the space to body size ratio is concerned

Regards
Amol
Old 6th June 2013, 13:31   #540
BANNED

Ok Now this is Hopeless

I was studying hard for 2 years for Medical Entrance Exams. The Result came out yesterday.

and I have been waiting for the EcoSport for more than 1.5 years now. Surely, it isn't nearly as much as useful as Medical Education. Is it?
Called up the local Dealer. They put the launch on 20th June. Deliveries in July. 50K for "official bookings".

P.S. For those of you who are curious about the effect of Team-BHP on education,I got an All India Rank 4 in NEET-UG!!
I am guessing it would have bee worse without this great Website!

Last edited by agambhandari : 6th June 2013 at 13:33.
agambhandari is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks