Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 12:45   #5896
BHPian

Horn

Does anyone else feel the horn is not easy to use?
I rarely use the horn, possibly once a day.
A planned use is OK in the Ecosport - when you see people on the rural roads a hundred feet away. But when you need to honk suddenly I greatly miss the convenience of honking using the thumb.
Ford should seriously look at such small things being advised on this and other forums.
Old 9th December 2013, 13:00   #5897
BHPian

Re: Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
A planned use is OK in the Ecosport - when you see people on the rural roads a hundred feet away. But when you need to honk suddenly I greatly miss the convenience of honking using the thumb.
Ford should seriously look at such small things being advised on this and other forums.
Its comparatively difficult as we have to stretch the thumb.
Try pressing the horn pad at the extreme edges(left & right), its easier to press there than in the middle which requires quite some pressure.
Old 9th December 2013, 14:10   #5898
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Horn

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Its comparatively difficult as we have to stretch the thumb.
Try pressing the horn pad at the extreme edges(left & right), its easier to press there than in the middle which requires quite some pressure.
Yep the sides are easier. Basically one does need to take ones hands off the wheel to do it. This is more so for those who are not used to vehicles with Airbags as in general vehicles with Airbags do have a firmer Horn Button in the models with that feature.

Of course this horn button is probably designed as per the usage pattern for Europe (though it could be for Latin America also) where the horn is used very sparingly and is seen as an insult to the vehicle or person one honks at.
In such cases it is hardly an emergency use. In India we do need to use it at times to move human and animal traffic out of the way especially in villages or even highways but the horn button does not seem to have been designed for it.

We can be thankful though that the horn itself does not stop working with just about 10-20 presses like those of many of the Premium European Vehicles. Replaced the Laura Horn n number of times.

Irrespective this horn will never really be easy to use and one sadly needs to make adjustments to our driving style to accommodate for that.
Old 9th December 2013, 15:36   #5899

I am getting an FE of 10.8 km/l for my TDCI,with city driving and AC on, always.It has crossed hardly 1100 kms.Is it a cause for concern? Should I take the vehicle to the dealer?
Old 9th December 2013, 19:20   #5900
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
I am getting an FE of 10.8 km/l for my TDCI,with city driving and AC on, always.It has crossed hardly 1100 kms.Is it a cause for concern? Should I take the vehicle to the dealer?
Yes, you should be worried. Unless you drive only on crowded roads. Even 1.5 petrols are delivering more than 10.8kmpl.
Old 9th December 2013, 19:37   #5901
BHPian

I have shared my experience on my EcoBoost
  • High Octane Petrol
  • New Tweeters
  • Paint Protection Film

In my ownership thread ... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ost-heart.html
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 21:09   #5902
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a measured number or from the MID? if its from the MID, suggest you reset it and check again. Take the car on a long highway drive and check the FE. In Bangalore city traffic I get 14-15kmpl as shown on the MID with 100% AC, on a recent highway trip it showed between 16 to 18kmpl (MID). Never bothered to check the actual FE by a tank to tank method.
Old 9th December 2013, 21:42   #5903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post

Is this a measured number or from the MID? if its from the MID, suggest you reset it and check again. Take the car on a long highway drive and check the FE. In Bangalore city traffic I get 14-15kmpl as shown on the MID with 100% AC, on a recent highway trip it showed between 16 to 18kmpl (MID). Never bothered to check the actual FE by a tank to tank method.
MID in Ecosport is pretty accurate in my observation in last 1k+km in my Ecoboost model. I get about 10.5 kmph in mixed traffic.
If a diesel is giving anything below 14-15 kmpl it sure is a matter of concern. It is either driving habit or something with the vehicle IMHO.

Does anyone know how to adjust the brightness of the instrument lighting in ecosport? I find it too bright for my choice but not been able to find how to adjust it?

Last edited by techfreak : 9th December 2013 at 21:46.
Old 9th December 2013, 22:45   #5904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post

MID in Ecosport is pretty accurate in my observation in last 1k+km in my Ecoboost model. I get about 10.5 kmph in mixed traffic.
If a diesel is giving anything below 14-15 kmpl it sure is a matter of concern. It is either driving habit or something with the vehicle IMHO.

Does anyone know how to adjust the brightness of the instrument lighting in ecosport? I find it too bright for my choice but not been able to find how to adjust it?
Switch on headlights to reduce brightness. I think that's the only solution.
Old 9th December 2013, 23:35   #5905

Quote:
Does anyone else feel the horn is not easy to use? I rarely use the horn, possibly once a day. A planned use is OK in the Ecosport - when you see people on the rural roads a hundred feet away. But when you need to honk suddenly I greatly miss the convenience of honking using the thumb. Ford should seriously look at such small things being advised on this and other forums.
I'm surprised to read something what I felt was a brilliant feature and consumer delight. May be it's you driving style where you need horn to be under your thumb. For me, my palm (precisely the thumb mound) that fits well in the slight raised groove over the centre part of the horn.

Hope you find it easier in a longer run.
Old 10th December 2013, 09:00   #5906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I get around 12-13kmpl in Cochin city with 100% AC. During my recent trip to Munnar (ghat road), I got 15kmpl for the entire trip (around 350 kms). The odo stands at 3900 kms. This is as per the MID.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 09:15   #5907
BHPian

I have driven around 6000kms and I feel MID gives pretty accurate readings.
Old 10th December 2013, 09:46   #5908
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

MID is quite accurate.

The First 0-1500 kms is too early to judge on the kmpl. Driving style acclimatisation too takes time for some.

Those with low FE (for their respective models) even prior to the 3mths / 2500 kms service should report it to the service centre as it should be reasonable by then.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 14:54   #5909
BHPian

Is there any regulatory to control prices for companies? I wonder if there's one, why would they let the Ford India Pvt Ltd to set their own exorbitant prices for accessories. Why would a molded piece of ABS plastic(engine guard) cost 8500, when a stainless steel sheet with 3M Schultz coating on either sides costs hardly 4000?
Old 10th December 2013, 16:52   #5910
BHPian

Hello Everyone !

I am planning to get teflon coating done on my White Ecosport. Any suggestions / recommendations on the same ?

I have always got 3M Teflon Coating done on all my cars and my 4 year old cruze still shines like brand new thanks to that (i think)

What do the experts have to say on this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks