Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 01:05   #1876
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Hi,

I spoke with Skoda and VW about cash discount, both of them told me that they were offering discount on ex-showroom until march 2015. They have received instructions from their audit department and stopped giving discount on ex-showroom and even after cash discount, vehicle will be registered on full ex-showroom price.

I hope standard rate of road tax is implemented in all states. Until then I will buy smaller sibling of Octavia and be happy that I did not have to pay more than 4 lacs as road tax.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 8th August 2015 at 01:26.
Old 9th August 2015, 09:05   #1877
BHPian

You could always push them to give you a cash discount of even a 1000₹ making the ex showroom go down. I purchased my 1.4 from Delhi and even though Skoda dealers are a tough nut to crack if you push on and show interest in the competition, or get a quote from another dealer, or as a last resort, send a mail to Skoda INDIA with this concern, your current dealer will hopefully oblige. Try some heavy bargaining it works everywhere! Skoda knows the don't sell too many numbers and you can tap that
Old 10th August 2015, 12:48   #1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
You have chosen not to receive emails as well as messages. Pl make changes in your user settings.
I just wanted to let you know that I finally received my NCB refund! All the inputs from Team BHPians increased my confidence to push very hard - there was some resistance but I told them I'll not hesitate to escalate the matter to IRDA - within a day there was agreement to refund although the refund itself took around a month! Thanks to Rutvij in particular for all his help!
TorqueHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:18   #1879
BHPian

Is there a Active variant still available for the 2.0 TDi ?
Old 12th August 2015, 22:47   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
Is there a Active variant still available for the 2.0 TDi ?
As per the price list that I picked up from dealer last week, only Ambition and Elegance are available in Octavia. Active variant is only available for Rapid.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octaviavariants.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octaviaplblr.jpg

Regards.
Old 17th August 2015, 14:58   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Would appreciate inputs as to what all needs to be done in the 45K kms service for the Octy TSI?
As per the SA I am getting the oil replaced with oil filter, air filter, and front brake pads. No idea if anything else has to be checked. When is the timing belt to be checked and replaced?
Old 17th August 2015, 15:57   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
When is the timing belt to be checked and replaced?
Briskoda has the links to all the service manuals. Maybe that'll help.
Old 17th August 2015, 20:14   #1883
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
No idea if anything else has to be checked. When is the timing belt to be checked and replaced?
The timing chain in the 1.8 TSI does not need any periodic maintenance / replacement during the life of the car.

Ajmat, yes it is. Thanks

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 17th August 2015 at 20:29.
Old 17th August 2015, 20:23   #1884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
The timing belt in the 1.8 TSI does not need any periodic maintenance / replacement during the life of the car.
I thought it was a chain!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 22:51   #1885
BHPian

Friends,
On Saturday I had gone to a club in my city. My car was parked in the parking lot and on return I found that the tail light of right side was broken. It seems that it was a mischief by someone as there was no other scratch or dent anywhere else. Tail light is broken from outside and all internal bulb and led seems ok.

Anyway my six month checking is due and I will be visiting the service station tomorrow for that. I itend to change the tail light and hope that they have it in stock. Any idea about whether whole light will be required to be changed or only outer casing?
Old 18th August 2015, 00:24   #1886
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone in our forum got 1.4 or 1.8 TSI remapped. I understand DQ200 has a torque limit of 250NM but does 1.4 TSI use MQ250 with same limit. I also read that stage 2 remap requires DSG tuning (1.8 TSI).

1.8 TSI is beyond my budget due to high OTR price in Bangalore , hence thinking of 1.4 TSI with a potential remap after few years.

Following post describes the same for Rapid but I wanted to know is someone has personal experience of doing the same on New Octavia 1.4 TSI.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3255900

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 18th August 2015 at 00:44.
Old 18th August 2015, 16:54   #1887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about whether whole light will be required to be changed or only outer casing?
Bad luck or mischief Put some clear packing tape or something over the tail-light asap to prevent dust and water from entering. Or get some clear film applied over it (3M, or such).

The reason I said that is because I'm pretty sure Skoda will replace the whole assembly, and not just the cover. These being LEDs, they will most likely be expensive, and you may want to budget for the change. In this case, the protection will hopefully prevent the light from looking terrible or stop working until you have it replaced.
Old 18th August 2015, 18:36   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Bad luck or mischief Put some clear packing tape or something over the tail-light asap to prevent dust and water from entering. Or get some clear film applied over it (3M, or such).

The reason I said that is because I'm pretty sure Skoda will replace the whole assembly, and not just the cover. These being LEDs, they will most likely be expensive, and you may want to budget for the change. In this case, the protection will hopefully prevent the light from looking terrible or stop working until you have it replaced.
I had it covered by transparent tape on the very next day. I would not have any option but to continue with the tape thing if they had not the tail light in stock. Luckily they had them in stock and yes, they have changed the whole assembly. I got it changed today when I had given my car for six months inspection. It is plug and play. LED is costing more then normal ones. The difference is of about 4.5K.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 09:18   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
I had it covered by transparent tape on the very next day. I would not have any option but to continue with the tape thing if they had not the tail light in stock. Luckily they had them in stock and yes, they have changed the whole assembly. I got it changed today when I had given my car for six months inspection. It is plug and play. LED is costing more then normal ones. The difference is of about 4.5K.
Hi,

Can you also please specify what was the actual cost of the part?
Old 20th August 2015, 15:19   #1890
Mtv
BHPian

So my car refused to start this afternoon after leaving it parked for ten minutes in my office building. I drove it all morning without any hiccup. The instrument cluster lights up like a christmas tree and the turning of the key in the ignition is accompanied by a consistent clicking sound.

The error message on the media screen says "Low battery, turn off engine or media screen" , hence with the help of some staff I decided to put it in D and push start the car. Then the "Brake error WORKSHOP" flashed in the instrument binnacle. i've now called the exide bat mobile service who are 4 hours away. All the while my windows are half way down and the car is eating up 3 parking spots.

I have a November 2013 1.8 TSi Ambition with only 13,600km on the odo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks