Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2022, 20:43   #7066
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal View Post
Hello,
... the only issue I have is the 175 section tires.

Would you suggest changing the OEM tires to 195 sections right after the delivery of the car? )
The stock 175mm section tyres are grossly inadequate for the 4th gen City especially during highway runs.

The suspension warranty is valid for the 1st 40K KMs. So if you ask at the Honda A.S.S about tyre upsizing, they will say that it will void suspension warranty.

In my case I upsized to 195/60/R15 Michelin XM2 when the puncture prone stock MRF ZVTV wore out at 29K KM.

Used the XM2s for 5 years/60K KM and although they could run much more proactively changed them to Conti UC6 195 sections at 90K KM.

So the 195mm section tyres have been ideal during the last 70K KM and the suspensions have been great as well (touch wood).
The XM2s were great and more tuned towards better fuel efficiency with low rolling resistance though it would squeal a bit while cornering harder at sharp bends.

The UC6 are much more grippier though not as fuel efficient as the XM2s. I'm happy with the UC6. Both these two tyre makes have been excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clement.lloyd View Post

...The clutch pedal had suddenly started to make a "tick" noise when it is pressed as well as when it is released. ..
I've experienced a slight click during the clutching action at some point in my cars and they've gone away on their own.
It should not be a cause for worry as it won't be coming from the critical clutch plate/pressure plate/release bearings and more likely from the mechanical pedal action.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 7th May 2022 at 20:59.
for_cars1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 19:21   #7067

Guys,

this is my first post on teambhp, so pl be humble

need some suggestions on the modifications I plan for my Honda City, I sold my gen3 this feb and picked up a sparingly used gen 4 pearl white V variant, I wanted a VX variant for the sunroof, LED's headlights and 16" tyres but could not find one suiting my requirements on the second hand market hence made peace with V

The modification I got done for now are internal and license plate lighting change to LED:

Philips-T10-Ultinon-upto-6000K (3 pairs)
2 front roof lights (Had to take off the cover for it to fit)
2 license plate
1 inside the boot (1 spare)

Philips-12957-6000K-Reading-Light
Center roof light

The above is DIY, YouTube it and you will see a lot of videos, also do check out Osram T10 LED's as they are way cheaper and equivalently good.

The suggestion I need are for external lighting, below is what I plan to change:

Turn indicator (LED)
Fog lam(LED)
Low beam and high beam (LED)

Tyres:

On my previous City I had upgraded to Yokohoma Earth 1 185-65-r15 section tyres, did like the grip but there was a lot of road noise as I do a lot of Blr=Hyd speed runs
I then zeroed down to Continental UC6 195-60-r15, do let me know if there's a better tyre that provides the performance and comfort.

I also did not get the car's manual as the previous owner misplaced it so if someone can help me with a link to it (I did go through the entire thread about manual but could not find one for City gen 4)

Thanks in advance
varunreddym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:55   #7068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunreddym View Post
Guys,

this is my first post on teambhp,

Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Tyres:

On my previous City I had upgraded to Yokohoma Earth 1 185-65-r15 section tyres, did like the grip but there was a lot of road noise as I do a lot of Blr=Hyd speed runs
I then zeroed down to Continental UC6 195-60-r15, do let me know if there's a better tyre that provides the performance and comfort.

I changed tires of my Honda City (upgraded) to MRF Perfinza 195/60 R15 and run almost 20k km . I do Hyd-Vijayawada runs almost every week and the grip levels of Perfinzas are amazing.

They're definitely worth checking out as they are almost as good as Michelin PSTs at fraction of their price.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:11   #7069

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Welcome aboard.

I changed tires of my Honda City (upgraded) to MRF Perfinza 195/60 R15 and run almost 20k km . I do Hyd-Vijayawada runs almost every week and the grip levels of Perfinzas are amazing.

They're definitely worth checking out as they are almost as good as Michelin PSTs at fraction of their price.
yea, have seen a lot of positive reviews for Perfinza, can get these for my city and UC6 for my dad's jazz and actually compare them in real life.
varunreddym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 00:24   #7070

Hi Folks!

I have been following Team BHP for quite some time now but this is my First post.

A couple of months back, I have purchased a pre-owned 2017 Honda City V iDtec with ~22 K on the ODO. Since then I have clocked over 2500 Kms.

As the manufacturer warranty has ended, I am thinking of Purchasing the Honda Anytime 10 years warranty which would cost me around 11.5K. I am not particularly impressed with the 10K - 6 months Service interval.

I want your opinion if going for this warranty would be a good option and any issues that may arise if I do not get the car serviced every 6 months. (1 year interval would make more sense to me as my monthly running has reduced to 800 - 1000 KM).

Cheers,
SW.
Old 21st May 2022, 09:08   #7071

Quote:
Originally Posted by clement.lloyd View Post
Honda city service centre - Poor diagnosis for clutch noise- disappointment all over.

Of late I had been experiencing a weird issue in my 2018 4th generation city that has done around 18.5k over 3.5 years. The clutch pedal had suddenly started to make a "tick" noise when it is pressed as well as when it is released. This noise seemed to appear before the clutch reaches the biting point position.

https://Youtu.be/CBi5PR-CTeA

I took it to the Honda service centre and this is what happened, first- they lubricated the clutch pedal points and the sound disappeared for a while but reappeared once I drove the vehicle for a bit (around 2 kms).
On my second visit, the Honda reps suggested me to get two switches replaced and assured me that the noise would go away. Here is the Job card,

Attachment 2300244

And as per their suggestion, I got them replaced.

The sound still did not go away. At this point I was very disappointed by the poor diagnosis that the Honda service centre mechanics had done. Had expressed my disappointment to the service centre rep to which they agreed to waive off some amount and re-lubricate.

I have totally lost faith in the mechanics at the service centre. Am planning to take my vehicle to another service centre which is quiet far from where I live, hoping to get this issue properly diagnosed leave alone getting it fixed. Not sure what is in store.

A small niggle in my opinion and a common issue in the Jazz and the 4th gen city. Good thing is its not coming from any of the critical clutch components e.g. release bearing or the pressure plate, the sound comes from the pedal hinge point wearing out under heavy use and the spring moving because there is play in the hinge. They already seem to have greased the spring attachment point to the pedal, but there is no visible lube at the hinge point.Probably because they are trying with normal grease,its not possible apply grease to the hinge without opening the pedal assembly.

I had this issue in my 2nd gen Jazz. I solved it myself by going under and spraying some motorcycle chain lube spray exactly inside the hinge point and the spring attachment point. The good thing with chain lube is its sticky and designed not run off, so no mess. Spray can also comes with a long reach pipe which can be pointed exactly at the hinge.

Be very very careful, do not spray into the master cylinder piston!

Chain spray works very well for door hinges and locks too, but most service centers are oblivious to this and continue using grease or silicon spray which is not meant for this kind of application at all!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2022 at 18:03. Reason: spacing for improved readability
sasmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 17:23   #7072
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Tyres:

I also did not get the car's manual as the previous owner misplaced it so if someone can help me with a link to it (I did go through the entire thread about manual but could not find one for City gen 4)

Thanks in advance
I have 195/60 R15 Continental UC6 on my honda city V variant. I find them super grippy and excellent tyres, way better than yokohama bluearth series.

Almost at par with michellin.
mdesai_1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 23:08   #7073
BHPian

Hey people,

So i need an opinion from you guys. I am super confused.

My car is exactly 4years and 9 months old. Warranty left is exactly 3 months.

Now my car is due for service and i have 2 options.

1. My trusted FNG-where i can procure parts from boodmo or brick n mortar store and get the service done.

2. Send my car to HONDA A.S.S. Where my bill will not be less than 8-10k.

Please advise me what i should do? As boodmo goves me an options of purchasing OEM PARTS and still save ₹₹.

My car is driven 30,000kms and has CVT transmission.
Old 24th May 2022, 18:59   #7074
BHPian

Got the suspension overhaul done for my 2014 City iDTEC at my go to Honda ASC and the first set of suspension had lasted me 135k Kms and along with that, got the brake discs and pads replaced. The whole suspension overhaul costed me 46k while brake pads and discs costed me 8k and along with that, got the 130k Kms service done as well.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 22:25   #7075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
..Warranty left is exactly 3 months.

2. Send my car to HONDA A.S.S. Where my bill will not be less than 8-10k.
Here's what I did:
Once the warranty expired, I didn't extend it and have been servicing at Honda service once a year instead of every 6 months during warranty (or warranty becomes void).
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 14:46   #7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
I have 195/60 R15 Continental UC6 on my honda city V variant. I find them super grippy and excellent tyres, way better than yokohama bluearth series.

Almost at par with michellin.
Took the advice and got the Continental UC6- 195/60 R15 yesterday, 5700 per tyre
as mentioned on the other post I need help with Tyre pressure

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5323735 (Continental tyres)
varunreddym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 03:38   #7077
BHPian

Quote:
Took the advice and got the Continental UC6- 195/60 R15 yesterday, 5700 per tyre
as mentioned on the other post I need help with Tyre pressure

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5323735 (Continental tyres)
I am using 32 psi front and 30 psi rear. Super smooth ride
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:09   #7078
Senior - BHPian

The price of SV variant has been increased to Rs. 9,49,900 ( 20000 increase). The SV model now gets Digipad 2.0 as standard. The prices of V variant has remained unchanged. According to the dealer SV model production was halted for few months and now it has resumed from this month. I have booked Golden Bronze SV model , delivery next week. The V variant production might be halted from this month . Only SV variant without variant badging will be in production it seems.
undead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 17:55   #7079
BHPian

Hi everyone, this is my first post in Team bhp so I'm quite excited about it. I have a 2014 Honda City (V Mt) and I'm looking to make a few upgrades. The first thing I'd like to do is to update the head unit. I'm having my reservations about Android HU's after having gone through the HU thread in team bhp (and these reservations only worsened after I came quite close to installing an android HU only to find them to be under-specd after getting it plugged into the car [(1gb ram 16gb storage vs a claimed 2gb ram 16gb storage] at three different instances)

So would it be better to go for a HU that supports Android auto/apple car play? I would like for it to support the reverse camera ( with all 3, views), Bluetooth calling, support steering mounted controls. I have a budget of 20k. Any shop recommendations would also be appreciated, I'm from Chennai

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2022 at 18:04. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 6th June 2022, 20:42   #7080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
The price of SV variant has been increased to Rs. 9,49,900 ( 20000 increase). The SV model now gets Digipad 2.0 as standard. The prices of V variant has remained unchanged. According to the dealer SV model production was halted for few months and now it has resumed from this month. I have booked Golden Bronze SV model , delivery next week. The V variant production might be halted from this month . Only SV variant without variant badging will be in production it seems.
Looks like really good VFM for 9.49 ex showroom. Does this get reverse camera as part of digipad 2.0?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks